Kyabram DFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longwood a chance in this conditions against the Gig Roos for mine. Not sure who it favours in the VT vs Nagambie blockbuster.. Thoughts lads?
The vt vs Nagambie game should be a ripper Both these sides are strong bodied so the heavy conditions shouldn't sway either side We know the lakers will be missing a few but the 2 horsbourgh boys are under a cloud big outs if they don't play Vt at home for mine Gig travels to longwood your right doc a real danger game for the Roos but gig for mine

l will say that l commend the Merrigum player who was 60m off the play who went over to the bench and told them to take the bloke off , what l won't take is the guy who punched our guy coming to our bench ' to see how he is' no you come over and apologise or just stay the hell away.
Also our friends in green which there was 3 due to a split round in the GV not doing anything about it , especially the one 10m from our bench who seen it put the whistle to his mouth then realised he was busy Wednesday night or didn't have time to do extra paper work after the game.

They had a player playing from the prison, who in play right hooked a player in the jaw. Was disgraceful. The prison player alignment needs to be cut. He was doing it the whole game.

The MTFNC have been involved in this program during 2017. We have had nothing but exemplary reports on our players and helpers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
l will say that l commend the Merrigum player who was 60m off the play who went over to the bench and told them to take the bloke off , what l won't take is the guy who punched our guy coming to our bench ' to see how he is' no you come over and apologise or just stay the hell away.
Also our friends in green which there was 3 due to a split round in the GV not doing anything about it , especially the one 10m from our bench who seen it put the whistle to his mouth then realised he was busy Wednesday night or didn't have time to do extra paper work after the game.

Heard about the alleged hit but didn't see it myself. We've been doing the program since 2012 without incident, I'd certainly view it as an isolated incident and not the norm. I understand your outrage as these guys need to uphold a exemplary record, considering they are lucky to be given this freedom at all.

Heard about the alleged hit but didn't see it myself. We've been doing the program since 2012 without incident, I'd certainly view it as an isolated incident and not the norm. I understand your outrage as these guys need to uphold a exemplary record, considering they are lucky to be given this freedom at all.

Spot on. U can't judge the entire program based on the actions of one individual but this instance does need to be addressed properly and that individual punished

Spot on. U can't judge the entire program based on the actions of one individual but this instance does need to be addressed properly and that individual punished

Yep agree. Good chance he won't be playing again if he stuffed up. The club will likely exclude him from the program if we think he's done wrong.
I'm not the right guy to judge the incident though as I was too busy enjoying some refreshments by that stage of the match!

Apparently (good word that one..) a Lancaster thirds player donged a spectator and got the match Vs Ardmona called off. Any news on that? Geez running this League must be a nightmare:rolleyes:

I'm surprised it gets passed to be honest especially with the salary cap being so tight and these guys playing for free I would presume. They are also having a spell from society for a reason.

Yer l never said he was from the prison that was ultra , l don't care where he is from everyone deserves a chance but what he did was wrong and lm annoyed the lack of action when it happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep agree. Good chance he won't be playing again if he stuffed up. The club will likely exclude him from the program if we think he's done wrong.
I'm not the right guy to judge the incident though as I was too busy enjoying some refreshments by that stage of the match!

Apparently (good word that one..) a Lancaster thirds player donged a spectator and got the match Vs Ardmona called off. Any news on that? Geez running this League must be a nightmare:rolleyes:
no didak game did not get called off. there was a bit of a scuffle near the ardmona bench side of the fence. at the end of the thirds game.
when a ardmona spectator started throwing punches from behind the fence.

Violet Town put Nagambie too the sword on the weekend Lakers had a few notable players missing but the extent of the margin was an eye opener. A win this week at Avenel would set them up to finish on top & see them warm flag favs. Swans set to have a strong side in Ultra? should be a great contest. Nagambie vs Tally will also be a big battle if Nagambie gets some players back.

Violet Town put Nagambie too the sword on the weekend Lakers had a few notable players missing but the extent of the margin was an eye opener. A win this week at Avenel would set them up to finish on top & see them warm flag favs. Swans set to have a strong side in Ultra? should be a great contest. Nagambie vs Tally will also be a big battle if Nagambie gets some players back.

The towners are very impressive! The inclusion of Nate Trotter has been a big boost for them. We got close over there, probably should have won really. We will welcome back Micheal Mckenzie after a week off. Should be a ripper game.

Hearing Pat Horsburgh will miss up until the second week of finals with his ongoing hip complaint.

Youd have to say if he missed the next 3 games before finals his chances of securing the McNamara would be slim?
Who would be everybody's pick for the medal?

I can see Nate Trotter pinching his and Pooles votes towards the end of the year. And with the Nagambie bunch ineligible (if they are, still hasn't been clarified) I will pick Stirling to take out his second medal. Always polls well and has led from the front all year. Tim Karolidis usually polls well from Tally as will Sidey but is also ineligible. Steve Thomson won't have played enough footy.

I can see Nate Trotter pinching his and Pooles votes towards the end of the year. And with the Nagambie bunch ineligible (if they are, still hasn't been clarified) I will pick Stirling to take out his second medal. Always polls well and has led from the front all year. Tim Karolidis usually polls well from Tally as will Sidey but is also ineligible. Steve Thomson won't have played enough footy.
Yeh fair call ultra i also think Morgan and Mckenzie will take a lot off sterling I still believe pat horsbourghwill poll well and if it's a low count could win it yes Thommo missed a bit of footy and will miss another couple with his groin problem So I'm sticking with Nagambies Mick Roberts 2 Sterling 3 pat horsbourgh Pretty open this year with so many guns in the comp !!!

Yeh fair call ultra i also think Morgan and Mckenzie will take a lot off sterling I still believe pat horsbourghwill poll well and if it's a low count could win it yes Thommo missed a bit of footy and will miss another couple with his groin problem So I'm sticking with Nagambies Mick Roberts 2 Sterling 3 pat horsbourgh Pretty open this year with so many guns in the comp !!!

McKenzie has had a very quiet year for his standards. If anyone steals off don it will be Morgan yes, maybe Arandt also or Tyers, but umps don't like Tyers as he is very cheeky. Roberts is one of the suspended players. So would love to know if they are ineligible.

Agree on Timmy K Dougie Wren and Sidey other Tally players set to go well but obviously Sidey can't claim this one.

Agree on Timmy K Dougie Wren and Sidey other Tally players set to go well but obviously Sidey can't claim this one.

I'm not sure on any stanhope players. Pretty even spread side. Ozzy will probably get 3 every time rushworth win. Suspensions and injuries will make a difference. But am going to stick with Stirling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back