Kyabram DFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Lancy go yesterday? Any standout performances from either teams?

Huntly dominated the practice match from after the first quarter. Lancaster’s only 2 goals were in the first quarter. The same player who cut up Lancaster last year was best again. The Hawks were way too fast in their forward line. Lancy had a fair few players missing so a few had to play 6 quarters, so really fell away with exhaustion as game went deep. Despite Huntly dominating, the Huntly coach was impressed with a couple of the Wombat lads, spoke to one of their on ballers for about 5 minutes after the game. Think Corey Carver (Wombat coach) was pleased to test a few players up at the senior level and confirm a few starting positions, so did get some positives from game. Bit disappointing for them to have a second knee injury in successive practice matches.
Everyone will be happy for the real stuff to start but Batters will be tested early with the predicted biggest improvers and pre-season flag contender in Avenel.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having one of last years gvl rising stars in Ethan moor and his 2 older brothers would of been notable enough. As well as 2 6 and half foot blokes, and last years b&f and runner up b&f from Ardy have gone there.

Ahh Airball are you that much against ardmona now you need to have a dig all the time ,the players they have lost you would think they would be paying them odds at least .Ethan and aidy are very handy pickups yes ,dyl could be a good footballer but doesn’t want to be and the other ardy boys were good for ardmona yes ,but do you seriously think losing all the players they have lost and replacing them with players from a team that have lost by over 40 goals every week is good recruiting and that they are serious contenders ,good luck to the boys and I hope they prove me wrong because they are good lads but shepp east are definitely not paying overs

Last edited:
Ahh Airball are you that much against ardmona now you need to have a dig all the time ,the players they have lost you would think they would be paying them odds at least .Ethan and aidy are very handy pickups yes ,dyl could be a good footballer but doesn’t want to be and the other ardy boys were good for ardmona yes ,but do you seriously think losing all the players they have lost and replacing them with players from a team that have lost by over 40 goals every week is good recruiting and that they are serious contenders ,good luck to the boys and I hope they prove me wrong because they are good lads but shepp east are definitely not paying overs

I think that's pretty poor form what those players where good enough for ardy when yous had no one else but now they are shit that's the reason these players walked I know a few of the boys and shepp east are looking just fine I don't think it's very smart to be running down shepp east and who they have picked up no one said what leavel these boys will we playing there but maby worry about your own back yard before you make comments on shepp East's and who they have picked up because at the end of the day yous lost most of your one point players a coach and picked up a bunch of murry league 2s players 👍👍

I think that's pretty poor form what those players where good enough for ardy when yous had no one else but now they are shit that's the reason these players walked I know a few of the boys and shepp east are looking just fine I don't think it's very smart to be running down shepp east and who they have picked up no one said what leavel these boys will we playing there but maby worry about your own back yard before you make comments on shepp East's and who they have picked up because at the end of the day yous lost most of your one point players a coach and picked up a bunch of murry league 2s players

Did I not say they were good for ardy and hope they go well and good luck to them ,and they would all be welcome back with arms open if things changed and they decide too ,all I stated was the odds are about right with what they have lost from last year and if anything we are well unders with what we should be ,I’m under no illusion that we are still a mile behind the 8 ball and it’s going to be a long season again

Did I not say they were good for ardy and hope they go well and good luck to them ,and they would all be welcome back with arms open if things changed and they decide too ,all I stated was the odds are about right with what they have lost from last year and if anything we are well unders with what we should be ,I’m under no illusion that we are still a mile behind the 8 ball and it’s going to be a long season again

It's the way you said good for ardy they done there job last year against good teams with good players theres only so much you can do with the team around you I think yous should of done more to keep them and build of them 5 good 1 point players as a base and build on that not push them out and try to go to big 2.fast after all these blokes where clearly loyal now there gone I hope these new blokes don't line there pockets and hit the road when the going gets tough because you's will be left with no body any chance of them going back Is gone I'm close mates with one of the blokes

I didn’t mean just last year bud ,dyl played his heart out for the club for years and could possibly end up a life member for what his done at the club and Would have loved to have kept them mate, and I’m not privy to why whether it was the old coaching appointments ,committee or the boys just wanted a change but I can guarantee Keegan and others tried to keep them and get them back to the club and all would of loved for them to be still there I’m not sure there’s much that Keegan could have done to keep them ,please inform me if there was and the exact reason they left

It's the way you said good for ardy they done there job last year against good teams with good players theres only so much you can do with the team around you I think yous should of done more to keep them and build of them 5 good 1 point players as a base and build on that not push them out and try to go to big 2.fast after all these blokes where clearly loyal now there gone I hope these new blokes don't line there pockets and hit the road when the going gets tough because you's will be left with no body any chance of them going back Is gone I'm close mates with one of the blokes

And I’m not talking just on the field either they were all good contributors off it as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been bit busy to keep regular updates on here but I will save the conversation going in 100 different directions about our club so this is a update on where things are at with Shepp East

SORRY IN ADVANCE ITS VERY LONG
Yes we have lost some amazing players with 2 years of league uncertainty it has not helped in retaining players at all. Majority of this was done before I was at the club so don’t know what happen back then.

Shepp East was always going to have to rebuild itself after the successful Best/Vidler eras with majority of those groups either now hitting 30 or well into there 30s

As I say to my boys obstacles = opportunity and that’s what we are giving blokes from within the club and outside in 2019. “Opportunities”

As a club we are in a great position off field and have a lot of positive things going in our favour for this rebuild.
I maybe bias but in my opinion
•We have the best or 2nd best playing surface.
•Brand new Netball courts.
•Night standard lights.
•One of the best indoor viewing rooms in comp.
•Only 5/10minutes from Shepparton.

Plus a new piece of infrastructure underway that will be a huge asset to the clubs players and members once complete.

But the most exciting thing we have is 26/30 thirds kids who are absolutely eating up the new environment we have created and they will be given plenty of opportunities to get senior experience.

Yes some of our new recruits may not all be superstars on 4 figures but if they are willing to do the hard work and support the club in its current direction then I don’t care who they are or where they have come from.

The past month we probably have averaged around the 40/50 players on the track between the 3 football grades.

Bit of info about some of our new boys with a few more to be announced and we are still a long way under My budget and no where near the cap.

•Adrian & Ethan Moor were in Tats best 21 throughout last year 8/10 games each I think.

•Jai Simmie kicked 40 plus goals in maybe 13 senior games at tally 2 years ago.

•Ben Tautola is the fittest his been since joining the KDFL hopefully gets back to where he was in the GVFL years ago.

•Ant Tautola has dropped some KGs and is moving a lot better think kicked 7 or 8 goals in 2 pre season games.

•Toa Tautola will be back from NZ in coming weeks and will be great depth once match fit.

•Sam Maitlan played in Caroline Springs senior
Flag couple years ago.

•Petar Fantini 205cms ex premiership player
•Daniel Freeman ex premiership ruckman
•Trevor Grehem ex premiership player runners up club B&F.

Plus adding in plenty of depth players to build
Our numbers who have all played senior footy at the club In the past or senior football elsewhere which will add some pressure on positions.

Regarding The boys from Ardmona they are now in a completely new environment and we have seen improvements in them all.
Will these improvements see them play senior football with the club only time will tell.

I won’t judge a bloke just on where he played last year I will just judge him on how he presents himself at training, games and around the club.

As a coach I have really enjoyed my pre season so far yes there has been some ups and downs but being 5 minutes from home means I have had a lot more time with my boys at home and the support has been massive at the club.

SORRY FOR THE MASSIVE POST

All the best to all for the coming season I look
Forward to having a beer with you all throughout the season so please don’t hesitate to introduce yourself.

Ps. I didn’t once mention Odds as they are irrelevant.

Also On another typic - I may not make friends with you all by posting this but here we go.

I know some on here have felt they been done wrong by clubs, coaches and Players and not everyone will agree with direction of those people including my own directions.

But personal attacks just don’t get the forum anywhere.
I sympathise with those on all sides and understand there is 2 sides to the stories.

But We all LOVE big footy for the odd rumour around recruitment and I personally always look forward to different peoples predictions for ladders, league medals and weekly results stuff like that.

We can all hate on here but where does that get us.
Social media can be an amazing tool if used right so before you all rip apart my previous post or have personal cracks at each other.

Think of the bullshit others have copped on social media lately and the effect it can have (Example Eddy Betts, Taylor Harris) and think would you like your family and friends to read the comments that are posted in both directions.

If it’s just hate preached on Big Footy then I can see a lot less genuine posters on this forum in the future.

No more huge post from now on for me.

Been bit busy to keep regular updates on here but I will save the conversation going in 100 different directions about our club so this is a update on where things are at with Shepp East

Yes we have lost some amazing players with 2 years of league uncertainty it has not helped in retaining players at all. Majority of this was done before I was at the club so don’t know what happen back then.

Shepp East was always going to have to rebuild itself after the successful Best/Vidler eras with majority of those groups either now hitting 30 or well into there 30s

As I say to my boys obstacles = opportunity and that’s what we are giving blokes from within the club and outside in 2019. “Opportunities”

As a club we are in a great position off field and have a lot of positive things going in our favour for this rebuild.
•Night standard lights.

Plus a new piece of infrastructure underway that will be a huge asset to the clubs players and members once complete.

But the most exciting thing we have is 26/30 thirds kids who are absolutely eating up the new environment we have created and they will be given plenty of opportunities to get senior experience.

Yes some of our new recruits may not all be superstars on 4 figures but if they are willing to do the hard work and support the club in its current direction then I don’t care who they are or where they have come from.

The past month we probably have averaged around the 40/50 players on the track between the 3 football grades.

Bit of info about some of our new boys with a few more to be announced and we are still a long way under My budget and no where near the cap.

•Adrian & Ethan Moor were in Tats best 21 throughout last year 8/10 games each I think.

•Ben Tautola is the fittest his been since joining the KDFL hopefully gets back to where he was in the GVFL years ago.

•Ant Tautola has dropped some KGs and is moving a lot better think kicked 7 or 8 goals in 2 pre season games.

•Toa Tautola will be back from NZ in coming weeks and will be great depth once match fit.

Flag couple years ago.

Our numbers who have all played senior footy at the club In the past or senior football elsewhere which will add some pressure on positions.

Regarding The boys from Ardmona they are now in a completely new environment and we have seen improvements in them all.
Will these improvements see them play senior football with the club only time will tell.

I won’t judge a bloke just on where he played last year I will just judge him on how he presents himself at training, games and around the club.

As a coach I have really enjoyed my pre season so far yes there has been some ups and downs but being 5 minutes from home means I have had a lot more time with my boys at home and the support has been massive at the club.

Forward to having a beer with you all throughout the season so please don’t hesitate to introduce yourself.

Well said mate and good luck for the year ,I didn’t mean any malice in my post just sick of ex players digging into the club when Keegan has been thrown in the deep end same thing as last year with trevena ,Im not on the committee or at the club In any role so not sure on what’s happened behind the scenes ,I just think the odds are about right because your in a part rebuild yourselves and there hasn’t been a whole lot on any new signings announced ,it’s always been a strong club and won’t take long until you’s are again and I have no doubt the ex ardy boys are only going to get better with time they all have the heart to want it and we would have loved to have kept them as I said

•Night standard lights.

Flag couple years ago.

And yeah odds are irrelevant but that’s the post we were commenting on lol

Wasn’t having a dig at all thanks mate. Have nothing against the club. Still show my face when I can. Was simply making a statement towards the odds.

•Night standard lights.

Flag couple years ago.

. Can confirm that Sammy Maitland is a gun - ex junior of the club also

•Night standard lights.

Flag couple years ago.

Well said and all the best. We will be heading back next year if KDL can get an Under 14's happening.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lancy v Avenal- 35 points
Longwood v Shepp East - 80 points
Rusty v Murch - 45 points
Stanhope v Undera - 12 points
Dookie v Tally- 25 points
Ardy v Violet Town - 15 points
Merrigum v Girgarre- 24 points
Avenel 60 points
Shepp East 40 point
Murch 35 points
Undera 32 points