Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win for Gig. Most tipsters would have gone for the Towners I would have imagined???Certainly have upset the apple cart there!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What about Lancy’s late addition Bootz? Quality acquisition that will be a headache for all sides in the KDL, he a permanent fixture or flying in for a few games?

What about Lancy’s late addition Bootz? Quality acquisition that will be a headache for all sides in the KDL, he a permanent fixture or flying in for a few games?

A few games Hank. Made his debut last week against Merrigum. Kicked 6.5 today from 19 possessions. A lively small forward.
Interesting game today. Had 6 players out from last week’s game due to Adam Vick’s wedding so made sure Yarran was available for this important game. Luckily for us, not for Dookie, they also had significant outs so balanced the ledger. End result a real surprise.

A few games Hank. Made his debut last week against Merrigum. Kicked 6.5 today from 19 possessions. A lively small forward.
Interesting game today. Had 6 players out from last week’s game due to Adam Vick’s wedding so made sure Yarran was available for this important game. Luckily for us, not for Dookie, they also had significant outs so balanced the ledger. End result a real surprise.

Yeah happy to admit I had it marked as a 50/50 proposition, very good win 👍🏼

Host Clubs at Finals don't get the Gate which is the biggest return by far in terms of Profits. Then Mooroopna had to beat others who have Tendered for it ( Tat had it briefly) so I'd say the KDFL are getting a decent return while putting the game on a pedastil. Understand that amount isn't as much as it would be if it was solely run by a Club within the League.
From my experience the takings from food and drinks is near double that of the gate with over 70% of that being profit .
If any of that is going outside of the KDFL is not a good result .
As for putting on a pedestal ,whilst at Mooroopna it competes against at least one other premier league grand final on the same weekend within 10klms.
If two funding applications were to go to council and one is for a kdfl club and the other is Mooroopna who can exhibit they hold a major event ( kdfl grand final ) its only natural Mooroopna will be given the funding .

From my experience the takings from food and drinks is near double that of the gate with over 70% of that being profit .
If any of that is going outside of the KDFL is not a good result .
As for putting on a pedestal ,whilst at Mooroopna it competes against at least one other premier league grand final on the same weekend within 10klms.
If two funding applications were to go to council and one is for a kdfl club and the other is Mooroopna who can exhibit they hold a major event ( kdfl grand final ) its only natural Mooroopna will be given the funding .
So Gate Taking for Grand Final's are normally in the $28,000 to $35,000 Bracket and you think the Food and Drink goes better?

So Gate Taking for Grand Final's are normally in the $28,000 to $35,000 Bracket and you think the Food and Drink goes better?

Week to week; gate, bar and canteen can be pretty close in their takings. Think about the cash you take to the footy.

$10 to get in.
$15 on 3 beers
$10 for pie, hot chips, etc

Take a couple of kids and the canteen cost blows out!

Yes

Week to week; gate, bar and canteen can be pretty close in their takings. Think about the cash you take to the footy.

$10 to get in.
$15 on 3 beers
$10 for pie, hot chips, etc

Take a couple of kids and the canteen cost blows out!

Spot on GrassKat and with no gate takings with kids.

Hey boots
When do you play a team likely to be in finals ?

Yarran played with Tommy Davies with nt thunder and was very good then I wonder if Tommy can now pick up a ruckman Lancy are renowned to recruit late into the season

Hey boots
When do you play a team likely to be in finals ?

Very good question when at season start there was much debate on who would make the 6. Think the general consensus was that Nagambie, Avenel, Murch-Tool and perhaps VT would be the likely finalists, with Dookie, Lancy, Gig, Shepp East & Stanhope battling for 5th & 6th. With Gig winning against VT does that reduce the certainties? 22nd May Lancaster play Nagambie, so that will be another test for the Wombats.
Next round looks the best yet with many evenly matched contests. IMG_2195.JPG

Very good question when at season start there was much debate on who would make the 6. Think the general consensus was that Nagambie, Avenel, Murch-Tool and perhaps VT would be the likely finalists, with Dookie, Lancy, Gig, Shepp East & Stanhope battling for 5th & 6th. With Gig winning against VT does that reduce the certainties? 22nd May Lancaster play Nagambie, so that will be another test for the Wombats.
Next round looks the best yet with many evenly matched contests.View attachment 1111341

Lancaster have a super draw
Reckon gig can only get better

Speaking to a Girgarre player today about their impressive win over Violet Town. He was happy to get up as Violet Town have a very good side he reckons. I mentioned Gig’s full back had a hard day ( referring to the 11 goals Mellington kicked). He said he couldn’t believe Mellington kicked that many. “They had at least 5 or 6 goal kickers. Mellington would have kicked 6 or 7. They went to him often of course.”
Strange how different this recollection is from the official record!!!???🧐

Speaking to a Girgarre player today about their impressive win over Violet Town. He was happy to get up as Violet Town have a very good side he reckons. I mentioned Gig’s full back had a hard day ( referring to the 11 goals Mellington kicked). He said he couldn’t believe Mellington kicked that many. “They had at least 5 or 6 goal kickers. Mellington would have kicked 6 or 7. They went to him often of course.”

We definitely only had 1 other goal kicker, the others wasted some pretty good opportunities inside 50, So did Mellington mind you, Goal Umpires even recorded them on the back of the scorecard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The plot thickens. Another Girgarre player mentioned the same thing to me down the street.

We definitely only had 1 other goal kicker, the others wasted some pretty good opportunities inside 50, So did Mellington mind you, Goal Umpires even recorded them on the back of the scorecard

Their comments did mention it was a high quality game ‘86, but these Gig folk will need more convincing as they couldn’t believe what was recorded. I wasn’t there but I was amazed by Mellington‘s efforts, but more so by their opinions- which is why I posted this.

The plot thickens. Another Girgarre player mentioned the same thing to me down the street.

So what you’re saying old mate players are saying VT have added goals to Mellingtons tally helping him along the way in kicking a season large tally of goals A couple of ways to verify if they did would be video if any or umpires they would know if there were more than 2 vt goal kickers

I’m not saying anything to suggest cheating Swoopin! I’m reporting the two contrary reports of Mellington’s extraordinary feat according to official records! Went to two different people to discuss the game and found out something that didn’t quite make sense!
But you’re right, video evidence would put to end those views, but there may not be anymore come of it.

I’m not saying anything to suggest cheating Swoopin! I’m reporting the two contrary reports of Mellington’s extraordinary feat according to official records! Went to two different people to discuss the game and found out something that didn’t quite make sense!
But you’re right, video evidence would put to end those views, but there may not be anymore come of it.

Same thing happened 2 years ago pre covid when they played Tongala.

what does a club possibly gain from doing this...if it has actually occurred.

also why would an individual want to be credited for goals he didn’t kick?
Totally agree Roota, pretty sure goal umpires do the goal kickers and can’t see why the individual or club would would want to give him goals he didn’t kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back