Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It was going to be a very interesting round, so overall disappointing.
However selfishly thank god I don’t have to stand in the freezing cold this weekend with the over flowing creek running over my soft ankles at VT🥶🥶🤪

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And we miss the show down between the gun fwd and lanky backmam

Spewing hank. Although not a bad weekend to miss and not chew the grounds up some more. Would have been a ripper between you blokes and your old mob.

Fingers crossed the weekend is all that’s needed. Still a couple byes coming. Interesting to see what the AFLGM brains trust do with the fixture.
Spot on with the weather ultra .Andrews couldn’t have picked a better weekend to have off but in saying that I would still rather be sitting in the car watching footy Let’s hope we’re back to footy this week IMO definitely only 3 sides that can win it Lancy - Avenel - Nagambie

Last edited:
Spewing hank. Although not a bad weekend to miss and not chew the grounds up some more. Would have been a ripper between you blokes and your old mob.

Fingers crossed the weekend is all that’s needed. Still a couple byes coming. Interesting to see what the AFLGM brains trust do with the fixture.
Thought rushy were in with a chance this week too ultra 🤣🤣

Thought rushy were in with a chance this week too ultra 🤣🤣
With the weather the way it is who knows! But I think we might have just snuck over the line. Should have a full side on the park soon, hopefully it clicks. Whenever it is we get back that is!

Is the logical thing to do if we lose another week to drop off the two games where you play an extra two sides twice? Must play everyone once at least.

With the weather the way it is who knows! But I think we might have just snuck over the line. Should have a full side on the park soon, hopefully it clicks. Whenever it is we get back that is!

Is the logical thing to do if we lose another week to drop off the two games where you play an extra two sides twice? Must play everyone once at least.

Yes, it is possible. We will need 4 more weeks of H&A to ensure everyone plays everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not just for the evenness of draw but also for each club, I assume getting rid of the double ups will mean that each team has 7 home and 7 away games. Only real equitable way to do it. Can’t have teams having more home games than one another unless there’s some financial support for the clubs that have one less home game.

Not just for the evenness of draw but also for each club, I assume getting rid of the double ups will mean that each team has 7 home and 7 away games. Only real equitable way to do it. Can’t have teams having more home games than one another unless there’s some financial support for the clubs that have one less home game.
Unfortunately it’s not that easy as the rounds where most sides play their double up games, there is a game or two where sides are playing each other for the first time, also some sides would miss their byes, so some sides have two, some one. Whatever happens it will be uneven unless a whole new draw for the remainder is done, which I think would be nigh on impossible, so we either just suck it up and miss whatever weeks we miss and then play on, or;
My left field option IF we only miss a week or two.
Keep H&A as is, play the round or two missed at the end of the H&A draw.
Therefore lengthen H&A by another week or two, shorten finals by a week or two.
Both will need a change to a final 4, one week missed would allow a 3 week finals, 1&2 getting double chances.
If we miss two weeks then we go to the 1v4, 2v3 and straight into a GF.
Obviously the sides that finish 5 & 6 will be pissed, but atleast they get their opportunity to make it by playing the full 16 games.

Unfortunately it’s not that easy as the rounds where most sides play their double up games, there is a game or two where sides are playing each other for the first time, also some sides would miss their byes, so some sides have two, some one. Whatever happens it will be uneven unless a whole new draw for the remainder is done, which I think would be nigh on impossible, so we either just suck it up and miss whatever weeks we miss and then play on, or;
Both will need a change to a final 4, one week missed would allow a 3 week finals, 1&2 getting double chances.
Obviously the sides that finish 5 & 6 will be pissed, but atleast they get their opportunity to make it by playing the full 16 games.
Or will they award premiership to teams on top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pending lockdown - Brett Deledio will be playing for Gig against Tally.

Nice they bring him in for a big game against good opposition...

Saying that, it might be the only weekend that he is available with him been a player manger plus other commitments. Anyway it’s always good for the league

Pending lockdown - Brett Deledio will be playing for Gig against Tally.

Nice they bring him in for a big game against good opposition...

Saying that, it might be the only weekend that he is available with him been a player manger plus other commitments. Anyway it’s always good for the league
Chopsticks will run a hard tag! Give him plenty of junk talk about missing the Richmond Flags.

Yeah I honestly haven’t looked too far into it. I’m sure that teams missing a bye could be awarded the 4 points if they didn’t get a second.

But I appreciate there is a lot more to it than what I wrote. I know some clubs have looked at a new draw put forward that sees everyone just play each other once.

But if this weekend is footy free then really it becomes harder and harder to create a fair and equitable draw and like you said some clubs might need to just suck it up for the sake of the season.

Next few days will be interesting. Last year called off wasn’t great but with no games played it didn’t mean much. Definitely need to have finals and a result this year or it’ll be an empty feeling after all the effort put in.

Best case scenario atm would be to be able to start up on the 14th of August, previously no adult sport first weekend out, so an option below, the Lancy v Tally and Murch-Tool v Ardmona games will be the sticking point, mid week game, or if possible play the weekend before everyone else starts if possible. Grasskat did most of the heavy lifting with the draw.

Attachments

• BE0178D0-F494-49EC-B8EA-AB33523B49E8.jpeg
    BE0178D0-F494-49EC-B8EA-AB33523B49E8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 119
Best case scenario atm would be to be able to start up on the 14th of August, previously no adult sport first weekend out, so an option below, the Lancy v Tally and Murch-Tool v Ardmona games will be the sticking point, mid week game, or if possible play the weekend before everyone else starts if possible. Grasskat did most of the heavy lifting with the draw.
Not bad Hank. Here’s mine I’ve done given my boredom at home. I think the two week finals series is definitely worth a look at, 1 v 4 & 2 v 3 to go straight in. Murch and Ardy need to get their game in somewhere.

Attachments

• 30581516-2CB9-46AA-852B-3F61DA79DA16.jpeg
    30581516-2CB9-46AA-852B-3F61DA79DA16.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 85
Not bad Hank. Here’s mine I’ve done given my boredom at home. I think the two week finals series is definitely worth a look at, 1 v 4 & 2 v 3 to go straight in. Murch and Ardy need to get their game in somewhere.
Missing teams for byes in the last two rounds, have Undera playing Tally & Tally playing Lancy in Rd 17, and Rd 16 Tally v Undera & Shepp East v Undera.

Missing teams for byes in the last two rounds, have Undera playing Tally & Tally playing Lancy in Rd 17, and Rd 16 Tally v Undera & Shepp East v Undera.
Copy that Hank. Will be a tough process. League mainly interested in making sure everyone gets the equal amount of home and away games than anything. And of course getting a finals series away and a result. Announcement coming this weekend or early next week is my mail.

Copy that Hank. Will be a tough process. League mainly interested in making sure everyone gets the equal amount of home and away games than anything. And of course getting a finals series away and a result. Announcement coming this weekend or early next week is my mail.
I’m told league has ruled out starting without Melbourne players being available and as such have as good as ruled out next two weeks .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back