Kyabram DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Would make sense location wise for Dookie or East to look back at the Picola League.

Tally on the Picola end of Shepp. Would be a bit of a journey for Undera and Violet Town to travel to those towns.

Would imagine it’s the old PDFL clubs looking at it though?

Would make sense location wise for Dookie or East to look back at the Picola League.

Tally on the Picola end of Shepp. Would be a bit of a journey for Undera and Violet Town to travel to those towns.

Would imagine it’s the old PDFL clubs looking at it though?

I imagine around here 2023 will be very much the same as 2022.

The timelines are tight with this sort of stuff. If a club was looking to move, they would have already have sought approval from their members. From memory, it all needs to be lodged in August/September. If clubs were actually instigating moves for 2023, it would be more than rumour and innuendo by now!

Over in the Loddon Valley, Maiden Gully-YCW and Marong are looking to the Heathcote League, it’s been in the papers and forums all year. They’re looking to move for better junior opportunities as the LV now only have 4 teams in their 3rds (one of them - “East Loddon” - being a combined effort).

For another example of this, look at the Ovens & King which lost their thirds completely in 2019. They had 11 sides in 2010, which whittled down to 5 or 6, then finished up with 4 teams before packing it in.

As Roar said, the work that KDL clubs need to do is to look internally to save our Under 18 competition, if this can’t be achieved we will very quickly become a Seniors and Reserves competition only and that WILL make more than the rumoured 3 member clubs look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I imagine around here 2023 will be very much the same as 2022.

The timelines are tight with this sort of stuff. If a club was looking to move, they would have already have sought approval from their members. From memory, it all needs to be lodged in August/September. If clubs were actually instigating moves for 2023, it would be more than rumour and innuendo by now!

Over in the Loddon Valley, Maiden Gully-YCW and Marong are looking to the Heathcote League, it’s been in the papers and forums all year. They’re looking to move for better junior opportunities as the LV now only have 4 teams in their 3rds (one of them - “East Loddon” - being a combined effort).

For another example of this, look at the Ovens & King which lost their thirds completely in 2019. They had 11 sides in 2010, which whittled down to 5 or 6, then finished up with 4 teams before packing it in.

As Roar said, the work that KDL clubs need to do is to look internally to save our Under 18 competition, if this can’t be achieved we will very quickly become a Seniors and Reserves competition only and that WILL make more than the rumoured 3 member clubs look elsewhere.

Absolutely agree with all of that. Hopefully the league stays as is, as stability is a good thing. Albeit maybe with the addition of ardmona.

Hopefully we can get the thirds back on track and build on the U14s over the coming years. I wonder what Shepp district juniors are doing, haven’t heard much in that space.

Absolutely agree with all of that. Hopefully the league stays as is, as stability is a good thing. Albeit maybe with the addition of ardmona.

Hopefully we can get the thirds back on track and build on the U14s over the coming years. I wonder what Shepp district juniors are doing, haven’t heard much in that space.

AFL Goulburn Murray need to review the SDJFL, some of the GVL affiliated teams have 3 Under 16 teams. They are hoarding the kids. Send them to KDFL and you will go a long way to save a lot of clubs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Goulburn Murray need to review the SDJFL, some of the GVL affiliated teams have 3 Under 16 teams. They are hoarding the kids. Send them to KDFL and you will go a long way to save a lot of clubs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GVL clubs with multiple junior teams has been stated by many over the years.

KDL clubs need to look at what they can offer that the GVL cannot. Do the work to get the kids involved. Buy a minibus if you have to!

Well my last post of the year , unfortunately Gig got smashed in the first quarter and then held our own for the next 3 but the damage was done.
So in saying that we made the finals and Damian kicked 100+
Now fellow BF posters I’m needing your help to track down the poster who stated Gig wouldn’t make finals, Damian kick 100,
Correct me if I’m wrong but he said he would run down the Main Street of Gig if this happened, and if your the poster reading this own up.
Roo Town gone missing ??

Finals footy thriving again !!!. Hasn't been a park on the fence here at Ironbark Stadium since 10am, massive crowd and cheers from the netball courts and a entertaining 3rds game being played out in absolutely perfect conditions.....welcome back finals footy 😉🤘

Apologies if there's a 2nds thread....can't be bothered checking 😉. Avenel by 5 gls in the twos....but the disposal and decision making could be better by the undefeated Swans....flag still up for grabs

Well my last post of the year , unfortunately Gig got smashed in the first quarter and then held our own for the next 3 but the damage was done.
So in saying that we made the finals and Damian kicked 100+
Now fellow BF posters I’m needing your help to track down the poster who stated Gig wouldn’t make finals, Damian kick 100,
Correct me if I’m wrong but he said he would run down the Main Street of Gig if this happened, and if your the poster reading this own up.
Roo Town gone missing ??
That was me, you although I didn't realise there was final 8 and you just snuck in, I'll have to find time to head up.

Also as a note cupido kicked 68 goals against the teams not in finals, 30 against Longwood alone, will he be there next year

That was me, you although I didn't realise there was final 8 and you just snuck in, I'll have to find time to head up.

Also as a note cupido kicked 68 goals against the teams not in finals, 30 against Longwood alone, will he be there next year

Do it at 1am ... there'll be less witnesses and less chance for phone cameras to get good vision of your exploits.

Full kudos to the Stanhope team , clearly the better TEAM on the day....I emphasise team because that's exactly how they got the desired result. Smashed contested footy, linked up on the outside better most of the day, mids ran both ways and 2 fwds that were simply more dangerous. Some soul searching imo at swannies....hopefully they bounce back.

Will this be live streamed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full kudos to the Stanhope team , clearly the better TEAM on the day....I emphasise team because that's exactly how they got the desired result. Smashed contested footy, linked up on the outside better most of the day, mids ran both ways and 2 fwds that were simply more dangerous. Some soul searching imo at swannies....hopefully they bounce back.
Did Avenal have more scoring shots?

Murch 25 point winners over Lancaster in the ones.

Murch also beat Stanhope in the twos.

I believe Lancaster knocked off Dookie in the 3rds.
Jake Mills 4 goals in the first 1 1/2 quarters and then red carded, cost me the draw and Murch extra time win😉

Onefm guys said while I was driving home from Ironbark Stadium that an Avenel player departed the changerooms on crutches....any witnesses or news on this ?

Murch 25 point winners over Lancaster in the ones.

Murch also beat Stanhope in the twos.

I believe Lancaster knocked off Dookie in the 3rds.
Well done to both Stanhope and Murch-tol on their wins .Big weekend of KDL footy coming up with Avenel vs SE and Nagambie vs Lancy It would certainly be worth the drive down to Avenel if the game turns out as good when these 2 sides met at Central Park what a beauty that was
The other game with the big wide open spaces at Central Park should suit both these hard running sides in lancy and Nagambie
PS how lucky are we having 98.5 onefm covering our games keep up the good work boys

Last edited:
Jack Smith departed the Avenel rooms on crutches Lion, he broke his leg against Dookie Round 15.
Ah OK, cheers joey. I spotted him at the Nagambie game rockin the crutches, huge blow that. Maybe the onefm boys could do some investigation before running with these observations over the airways.....not like there wasn't enough Avenel ppl there to ask 🙄

Ah OK, cheers joey. I spotted him at the Nagambie game rockin the crutches, huge blow that. Maybe the onefm boys could do some investigation before running with these observations over the airways.....not like there wasn't enough Avenel ppl there to ask 🙄
Sometimes in a job like the radio you don’t have the time or ability to investigate and you just talk about what presents to you at that moment.
Especially once our boundary man goes offline.
Truck was 150/200mt away and JW made the observation actually wrote on my running sheet CRUTCHES?? I couldn’t see who it was with binoculars and he went with “someone from Avenel was leaving the rooms on crutches”

I will pass on your feedback about investigating more on what we see love feedback positive or negative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back