Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think it is very wishful to be thinking clubs have ‘ committed ‘.
‘ Expressed an interest ‘ may be a more accurate account .
My understanding is that only one has had a vote of members and then there is the the need for clubs to seek approval from their league to leave, much the same as a club must gain approval to join .
Leagues , whether it be board or clubs , being required to approve entry and exit( affectively membership) is a very important process .
In KDL’s case being affiliated I would assume clubs would also need approval of the local commission and also AFL Victoria .
I may be wrong be all that I have seen is that those bodies have given permission to explore a new competition .
Given the backing the KDL has provided AFLGM by way of entering and maintaining their admin and seemingly doing all that is asked without question , I fail to see AFLGM or AFL Vic granting the approval of 1/4 of the clubs to leave particularly when one club is looking to come out of recess and another is looking to re-enter the senior competition .
Can’t speak for the KDL but the picola league rules are quite tight regarding this given past experience which clubs unanimously voted into their rules .
Clubs aren’t likely to know who is or isn’t committed and approved to leave for months .

Upon the Broadford matter ,I’ve heard that they have all but conceded they won’t be accepted and plans have commenced , by their current league , for them to stay where they are .

Shep east just posted on Facebook special meeting on Thursday about going to new league. I reckon it’s just about up and running, Broadford definately in then.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shep east just posted on Facebook special meeting on Thursday about going to new league. I reckon it’s just about up and running, Broadford definately in then.

The two Picola league clubs , Tungamah and Katandra, have given absolute commitment to staying in Picola league .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they don't get in that's where they will be. Will be a battle for them if they don't get in. That Comp is stronger and has a 100k cap.
Hate to say but given their geographical position and expected growth , it’d be a better outcome for them to be in a stronger comp than 4-5 KDL clubs made weaker by their inclusion .

The picture will become clearer after Shepp East and Murchison-Toolamba hold their meetings tonight.

If one or both say no then the MDL will likely be dead in the water but if both say yes tonight then you would expect to see a roll-on effect that will likely see the MDL take shape over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
The picture will become clearer after Shepp East and Murchison-Toolamba hold their meetings tonight.

If one or both say no then the MDL will likely be dead in the water but if both say yes tonight then you would expect to see a roll-on effect that will likely see the MDL take shape over the next few weeks.
phantom man is the man in the know at murch

Any news on club votes tonight ? I heard there was a majority at SE? But no news from Murch

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back