Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t agree more . System should be automated as such to allocate points . If not clubs should have access with responsibility falling on clubs if they allocate the wrong points which has clubs playing over their points allocation . Clubs wearing the consequences for playhq not being fit for purpose and AFL’s micro management is poor form .
no longer involved other than buncing around watching different leagues now but if i was involved in a club i certainly would be demanding more as a stakeholder paying club volunteer raised funds to pay people to run the comp.
seems to be a common theme acorss many of these pages but who actually is willing. change can begin with only two people one to be brave enough and willing to challenge thinkings and another to agree and join in then hopefully others do too.
or maybe my old head is well out of reality as to how things work now.

Can you appeal? That is absolutely ridiculous. But I suppose to appeal, you’ll have to put up more cash!

When we voted to join the Hub, it was to make things easier on volunteers.

Clubs having the power to input their own player points removed has created this issue.

Last edited:
The Violet Town Merrigum game Tim Ross played without points allocated. He actually played enough games for a points rollover last year and played over 300 games at VT so was assumed when he was asked 5 mins before the game to play when someone went down in the warm up he would have points so we didn't even contemplate contacting the league to get sorted that late before the game
You’d think common sense would’ve prevailed in that instance. From my experience, in the past they have allowed clubs to play a player without points. Providing the club was confident they’d sneak the 21st player in under the points. Which with Tim Ross being 1 point is no issue.

I don’t recall being told this change at all, until I heard about Gig losing their points for this. I contacted the league manager about this a few weeks ago on gameday. As he’s new he checked with GV’s for the process and he rang back and said no players to play without point.

Surely if you know a player fits in the cap it’s fine. There’s so many last minute changes and the league also won’t set points currently unless you know a player is going to play. Sometimes that’s last minute, not Thursday night.

The irony is that is if you played over the points cap you get a fine and lose points… so to stop you doing that, if you play a player who fits under the cap but not pointed on game day - you lose points and get a fine.

The forfeits are a killer. We forfeit 3 games in a row or 3 in 4 weeks in the twos. It’s embarrassing and not something anyone ever wants to do.

We paid $500 to the league to pass on to Dookie & Stanhope. Which makes sense.

But to be $500 for a home forfeit against Murch was a kick in the teeth. We already lost well over on the gate, canteen and bar by losing many of the Murch twos players. Then had that doubled by paying the league $500 for goodness knows what? I think we did contest that one and not sure if we got off it, but it’s an odd one. I get the deterrence that it ours in place. But if you’re shown to have tried your very best and kept everyone in the loop from Thursday night about the possibility, you can’t do much more.

Tally can save some pocket money to throw at Steele Sidebottom next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picola League only place that makes sense for Dookie. Their football isn’t up to Murray League and they’ve got strong juniors which the KD doesn’t have currently. And they came from Picola in 2018.

Wonder if KD are also chasing Elmore? I don’t know much about them other than they’re down the bottom of Heathcote. Location wise they’re not too far off everyone. Dookie would be the farthest travel to/from just but Avenel/Longwood/Nagambie also a decent hike.

If KD lose Dookie they might like a replacement, and Elmore could fit that bill. I’m sure Broadford would have a crack again too. Perhaps both will end up in the league.

Picola League only place that makes sense for Dookie. Their football isn’t up to Murray League and they’ve got strong juniors which the KD doesn’t have currently. And they came from Picola in 2018.

Wonder if KD are also chasing Elmore? I don’t know much about them other than they’re down the bottom of Heathcote. Location wise they’re not too far off everyone. Dookie would be the farthest travel to/from just but Avenel/Longwood/Nagambie also a decent hike.

If KD lose Dookie they might like a replacement, and Elmore could fit that bill. I’m sure Broadford would have a crack again too. Perhaps both will end up in the league.
Broadford to Bendigo league .

I know it’s not all about strength necessarily as clubs can thrive off the field when down the bottom… but would Broadford be close to competitive in the Bendigo league in either football or netball?

The KD juniors continues to teeter. I am not sure of the answer, but Dookie leaving gives one less 4ths team and puts further strain on that division.

It’s a worry as if our member clubs have to put their juniors in the GMJL it forms a disconnect with the senior club and strong junior competition.

It would be great to see Nagambie and Avenel represented in some form.

I see that Tally and Congupna are really working together. Would they be ever able to field U14 and U17 in Murray League and U15 and U18 in the KDL?

A combined Stanhope-Girgarre and Lancaster-Merrigum junior set up could also be considered, but would need cooperation from St Augs/Ky as the numbers within Kyabram aren't that great at present.

The KD juniors continues to teeter. I am not sure of the answer, but Dookie leaving gives one less 4ths team and puts further strain on that division.

It’s a worry as if our member clubs have to put their juniors in the GMJL it forms a disconnect with the senior club and strong junior competition.

I see that Tally and Congupna are really working together. Would they be ever able to field U14 and U17 in Murray League and U15 and U18 in the KDL?

A combined Stanhope-Girgarre and Lancaster-Merrigum junior set up could also be considered, but would need cooperation from St Augs/Ky as the numbers within Kyabram aren't that great at present.
Lakers will be putting an u15 team in next year, which was always our plan as we had to work with Tabilk junior footy netball club to work it out

apparently Tally have 10 15s players for next season already at this stage so adding them and nagambie at least gets it up slightly. St Augs and Ky Juniors from reports are merging so maybe it might create an opportunity at least for one of the ky area sides

It’s going to take some creativity because it isn’t working with each club trying to have their own in. It isn’t sustainable, but neither is not having junior football in the league long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back