Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Quiet Saturday lads.
Nagambie knocking off Lancy throws a spanner into the finals race, the Lakers should now make it and create some havoc.
Stanhope will miss September unless they can somehow inflict back to back losses to Lancy.
P.S. get on Preferential in Race 7 today at Sandown 😉

Last edited:

Quite Saturday lads.
Nagambie knocking off Lancy throws a spanner into the finals race, the Lakers should now make it and create some havoc.
Stanhope will miss September unless they can somehow inflict back to back losses to Lancy.
Was thinking the same about Nagambie....just seem to be building towards their better footy at the right time.

Quiet Saturday lads.
As for the tip hank...I've got shares in a stable-mate of the horse that won this...I follow the stable closely...winner paid $11 (gamble responsibly)...and I forgot to get on !!!!...how's my Sunday going

As for the tip hank...I've got shares in a stable-mate of the horse that won this...I follow the stable closely...winner paid $11 (gamble responsibly)...and I forgot to get on !!!!...how's my Sunday going
Yeah 3rd won’t pay the bills 😡. Another one added to the hard luck stories for yourself 👍🏼

It’s concerning that in AFLGM’s media release of Dookie leaving they mention ‘ This year, KDL clubs had their most robust junior team presence in the Goulburn Murray Junior U10 and U12 competition ‘ .
It would appear to go unnoticed that clubs are wanting their juniors playing within their club at the same venue on the same day within the same competition .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s concerning that in AFLGM’s media release of Dookie leaving they mention ‘ This year, KDL clubs had their most robust junior team presence in the Goulburn Murray Junior U10 and U12 competition ‘ .
It would appear to go unnoticed that clubs are wanting their juniors playing within their club at the same venue on the same day within the same competition .

Interesting press release reiterating the ‘fears’ of not being affiliated.

The multiple venues has been increasingly difficult in 2024.

Dookie, Longwood, Violet Town, Murch-Toolamba and Undera all had stand alone presence in GMJL this season, with Shepparton East recently advertising their interest for 2025. I’d suggest that there’d be a few of these clubs considering their positions at present.

Interesting press release reiterating the ‘fears’ of not being affiliated.

The multiple venues has been increasingly difficult in 2024.

Dookie, Longwood, Violet Town, Murch-Toolamba and Undera all had stand alone presence in GMJL this season, with Shepparton East recently advertising their interest for 2025. I’d suggest that there’d be a few of these clubs considering their positions at present.
100% agreed mate. The press release really gave that salty sour grapes look didn't it! Bit of a jab on the way out the door.

My question is they really tried to make themselves look like the upstanding citizen that offers all these opportunities to the juniors? Well how come I haven't seen them once? At any junior game nor at club level making themselves & their so called "opportunities" for these juniors available? I mean yeah it's ok to announce what you can provide & offer but what's the point saying it if you're not being proactive & showing to be providing it? A junior footballer shouldn't be made to feel like they have to be an absolute superstar at the age of 12 or 13 to be noticed or get the chance to prove themselves?

Personally all I saw in that press release was a bunch of useless jargon crap offerings that 99% of clubs wouldn't have even used or been approached about!

There's turmoil all over the football landscape in country Victoria.

Attached is a link to a Saturday footy show in Gippsland - if you scroll through the interviews from the last two weeks the big issue is divisional football. There are interviews with officials from the Gippsland, North Gippsland, West Gippsland and Ellinbank leagues and you can hear some are pushing it and others don't want a bar of it.

So disjointed - but things are all over the place almost everywhere in the state.

There's turmoil all over the football landscape in country Victoria.

Attached is a link to a Saturday footy show in Gippsland - if you scroll through the interviews from the last two weeks the big issue is divisional football. There are interviews with officials from the Gippsland, North Gippsland, West Gippsland and Ellinbank leagues and you can hear some are pushing it and others don't want a bar of it.

So disjointed - but things are all over the place almost everywhere in the state.

The introduction of minimum ages , without any consultation , has been viewed as a means to direct players to junior only footy comps . Alongside taking a heavy hand on salary cap / point system admin errors , has many leagues across that state weighing up cutting ties with AFL Vic , including locally .

Genuine question, how are these clubs with an U/12 side proposing to manage five games of football on one ground in a day?

Without resorting to some sort of compromised Auskick-type arrangement, if the U15s are already starting at ~9am, there's only so much daylight in the day. Or are we looking to pioneer a twilight football competition?

Genuine question, how are these clubs with an U/12 side proposing to manage five games of football on one ground in a day?

Without resorting to some sort of compromised Auskick-type arrangement, if the U15s are already starting at ~9am, there's only so much daylight in the day. Or are we looking to pioneer a twilight football competition?
If you look at the timings games in PDFNL you will see how it can and definitely does work extremely well with their under 11s.

You also get fifths (u11s) filling in the fourths (U14s), fourths topping up thirds (U17s), thirds helping out ressies and seniors and of course the under 17 player who is the senior sub each week without any of this 3 year age difference restriction bullocks. IMO if you’re good enough you’re old enough, give the kids opportunity

Also, see The Local Footy show crew have shared the PDFNL press release on their Facebook page - wonder if will also share the shepp news article with Dookies comments and the AFL GM press release also.
I hope they catch up the pdfnl ops manager post the Dookie announcement and either substantiate or quash the rumours of more clubs following/ expressing interest, either for next year or future seasons
The juniors in the kdfnl are a mess and the afl age group changes and restrictions this year appears to have accelerated the disconnect

I don't think that the ops manger will name any clubs for confidentiality reasons but I am sure that if clubs submit an application to join the league then the clubs and league will give the submission a fair hearing.

I agree that the junior set-up offered by leagues will play a part in whether clubs stay in leagues or choose to explore other alternatives.

I don't think that the ops manger will name any clubs for confidentiality reasons but I am sure that if clubs submit an application to join the league then the clubs and league will give the submission a fair hearing.

yes totally, I was meaning a general yes we have had/would welcome further enquiries
Or a not we haven’t had/ aren’t interested in any further approaches / discussions sort of senario

Maybe if there really is the discontent at the various clubs as indicated above in this thread, possibly a geographic split might be on the cards again?

Interesting times ahead?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back