Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

From VT - Matt Sharp Benalla, Pat Horsburgh Euroa, James Saker Lavington

Stanhope- sanders Rochy

Nagambie - Ant Haysom Swans, Winter Irving Seymour

Tally - Sidey swans and united

Rushy- Jake Perry Rochy

Kyle Winter-Irving and Matt Deane both went on to be GVFL Captains at Seymour and MRP both Nagambie juniors

Last edited:
The gum GV players:

Josh Pell:
  • League Medal, 3x B&F and flag at the gum.
  • 2x flags at Kyabram.

Geoff Connally:
  • Coached the Gum and played over 300 games. B&F’s and flag.
  • GV at Ky, Tonny and Mooroopna. 2x GV inter league rep.

Tom Sullivan:
  • Gum B&F as a 19 year old, BOG in the 2015 flag.
  • Tatura B&F and flag. Heidelberg B&F and 2x flags. GV and NFL inter league.

Jake Parkinson.
  • Capt at the gum in 2019.
  • Going well currently at Ky. Played in 2023 GF side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the league tried to select an even spread of teams in this Team Of The Year ???
Love the concept and it’s a nice reward for the fellas who make it ….. but Geeze you’ve gotta actually pick the best “21”

I’m not here to bash the fellas who have been selected but maybe a bit more time and effort needs to be put into it next year .

Have the league tried to select an even spread of teams in this Team Of The Year ???
Love the concept and it’s a nice reward for the fellas who make it ….. but Geeze you’ve gotta actually pick the best “21”

I’m not here to bash the fellas who have been selected but maybe a bit more time and effort needs to be put into it next year .
Yes agreed. On another note when was the last time 2 people from the same club won a league medal?

No disrespect to the guys that made the side but even at least 4 of those would be bewildered on how they made the cut .
I don’t know who put this side together but obviously their kdl football knowledge is pretty poor Example we’ve seen Browny’s side wich is way above the one put out last night Why wasn’t he that he lives and breathes Kdl not asked to be part of selection process
PS I don’t know what Cerrone has done to not be acknowledged by the umpires kicked 71 goals as a mid Half forward
And also no votes to James Lloyd after kicking 14 snags in a game Any way well done to the medal winners especially Milney who’s just been a ripper of a player over the years

Last edited:
No disrespect to the guys that made the side but even at least 4 of those would be bewildered on how they made the cut .
I don’t know who put this side together but obviously their kdl football knowledge is pretty poor Example we’ve seen Browny’s side wich is way above the one put out last night Why wasn’t he that lives and breathes Kdl asked to be part of selection process
PS idont know what Cerrone has done to not be acknowledged by the umpires kicked 71 goals as a mid Half forward
And also no votes to James Lloyd after kicking 14 snags in a game Any way well done to the medal winners especially Milney who’s just been a ripper of a player over the years
Milney has been as good and as consistent as any player for the last 10 years. Certainly well deserved.

James Milne, aging like a fine wine 🍷.

Leigh Wellington CHF in the team of the year, spose he was very good when he played there for 5 mins earlier in the year.

Looking forward to hearing about the new recruits in future months.

P.S Nate Caddy breakout year incoming

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back