Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

Tennis is an international sport...not just localised to Australia.
Unfortunately act such as these are viewed by the everyone, not just the narrow minded dogmatic view of certain Australians!!

So because its international its refined?

Or if this is an Australian thing how do you explain Agassi, McEnroe, Simon etc?

Face it mate, your "refined" sport is no better than any other.

i train a fair bit at melb park and i see nick and thanassi quite alot. they are nice blokes and like most people on this forum i am constantly defending him. i thought his comments were below the belt. i understand that tennis is a very emotional sport and at times it can become difficult to control your emotions even when the other guy is having a crack at you. after the Wimbledon experience and hewitt in his corner, i thought nick would of said i am 20 and enough is enough and try and be better than the other guy. obviously it didnt occur with stan. we all know they dont like each other very much. i heard nick has a fine coming his way, but i kind of agree with stan, he needs to be punished other than a fine. dont get me wrong i think entertainment is very good for the sport. we have seen the likes of safin, roddick and djokovic to an extent however those comments should be left in another forum, not on the court. a lot of players look up to nick, espically aussie juniors and i honestly dont want juniors at tournaments trying to sledge there opponents. it will be interesting to see how nick acts moving forward and if he will play in cincinnati

If his name was Shane Warne the media coverage in this country would be virtually laughing this off as typical Warney the larakin after a few too many frothies. The same media who hyped him up so much you'd have thought the kid had won every grand slam there was to win and was the current world number one.

It's ok for Stan to slander his opponents though accusing them of faking injuries.
It's also apparently ok for Stan to physically assault his opponents away from the cameras. I wonder if the ATP will investigate that?
Stan's just a gigantic sooky lala. If he can dish it out(and lies nonetheless), surely he can deal with coping it in return?
Not that I agree it should have been said on the court, Kyrgios should have been a sneaky little rat like Stan and done it away from the cameras in the locker room.

If Kyrgios questioned whether Stan was really injured yesterday, would the media let it slide? Or would they rip into him over that as well?

Oh well, I guess Kyrgios can always join the Australian cricket team, where sledging and bad behavior are not only acceptable but expected and approved of.

and haha his now been fined 2,500 extra over something to do with a ball boy.

but yeah too easy for kids these days to just post something online "im sorry if i offended anyone"

It's exactly the same as the days before the internet, where sports stars or celebrities would front the cameras in a staged event and apologise.
These days they can do it on the Internet through their official social media accounts.
Same thing really.

It's a gesture, they don't have to mean it and probably don't.

Tennis is its own worse enemy. They are so soft on abuse to umpires its a joke. Its no wonder that a self entitled clown like Kyrigos has come along. Its my tip that he will become the first tennis player to to get his head kicked in by an opponent on live television. ...........I just cant wait for it to happen.

So in your world view, sledging is bad, but violence is ok?
Wow.

The thing that upsets me the most is that he's behavior is shedding a bad light on Australians in general.
And as an Aussie most of us are not like this. Tomic's attitude doesn't help either.
And to make matters worse, Nick brought the only decent Aussie male player in Kokinakis into it so now he's dragging others down with him.

How's he dragging down Kokkinakis with him? Kokkinakis isn't even making any comment regarding this incident.

He's making Australian's look bad?
So if I was to look through Cricket threads, I'd find similar comments about the Australian cricket team and it's various characters many of whom have displayed bad behavior many times on and off the field, and made all us Australians look bad?

Nah, Australian cricket teams behaving badly is normal and acceptable and something to have a laugh about. No big deal right.

And then when kids grow up and start acting badly as well, hey, what a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How insecure is Stan BTW. Either its true in which case, fair play to Nick, or its not in which case laugh it off. His reaction here should be the story. Retires cause he is upset (just my opinion) supposedly has a physical altercation with Nick over the comment (real mature, such a gentlemanly sport) then comes out and asks for the governing body to throw the book at Nick.

I dont think too may people are defending him most of us are just saying its not a big deal and everyone should just get over it.
Kinda sounds like you are...
How insecure is Stan BTW. Either its true in which case, fair play to Nick, or its not in which case laugh it off. His reaction here should be the story. Retires cause he is upset (just my opinion) supposedly has a physical altercation with Nick over the comment (real mature, such a gentlemanly sport) then comes out and asks for the governing body to throw the book at Nick.
Nope.

On top accusing Nick of lying about an injury earlier in the year. There's definitely issues between the two.
If he hadn't done that, I doubt Kyrgios' behavior would have been any worse then any other time he's taken to the court in recent times. It would have been his usual carrying on and nothing personal would have been said.

End of the day they've both made their beds so they should both be made to lay in them now. But we know that wont happen because Stan is the "elder" whose playing the victim card and has Federer in his corner(another douchebag who pretends to be the nice guy and got away with it because he was winning grand slams).

I also very much doubt he was injured and retired from the match because he as upset. He certainly looked upset.

Stan Wawrinka is just a sneaky sooky little rat who can dish it out to his opponent but when his opponent throws some (probably truthful) things back at him, he has a sook and plays the victim card. Then has a physical altercation(allegedly), of course away from the cameras like the sneaky rat he is.

So if Kokkinakis did slam his misses, good on him, Stan sounds like the sort of bloke who would deserve it.

Solid response, well thought out and articulated.

Seriously, were here discussing the incident and the nuances of the reactions and thats what youre bringing to the table.
Were you? It looks like you were trying to blame Wawrinka for some strange reason.
On top accusing Nick of lying about an injury earlier in the year. There's definitely issues between the two.
If he hadn't done that, I doubt Kyrgios' behavior would have been any worse then any other time he's taken to the court in recent times. It would have been his usual carrying on and nothing personal would have been said.

End of the day they've both made their beds so they should both be made to lay in them now. But we know that wont happen because Stan is the "elder" whose playing the victim card and has Federer in his corner(another douchebag who pretends to be the nice guy and got away with it because he was winning grand slams).

I also very much doubt he was injured and retired from the match because he as upset. He certainly looked upset.

Stan Wawrinka is just a sneaky sooky little rat who can dish it out to his opponent but when his opponent throws some (probably truthful) things back at him, he has a sook and plays the victim card. Then has a physical altercation(allegedly), of course away from the cameras like the sneaky rat he is.

So if Kokkinakis did slam his misses, good on him, Stan sounds like the sort of bloke who would deserve it.
Yup, it's clearly all Wawrinka's fault. 12 year olds everywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back