Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

Were you? It looks like you were trying to blame Wawrinka for some strange reason.

No, we were discussing it then I pointed out that Stan should be copping more heat for his actions. Should he not be held accountable for his behavior? Or is that a standard only Nick should have?

So apparently he didn't even say it to him? He was walking, with his back towards Stan, and was 90 feet away and mumbled it.

Australia's Davis Cup captain Wally Masur has backed under-fire tennis player Nick Kyrgios, telling Fox Sports News that the sledging controversy has been blown out of proportion.

"When I actually saw the incident, what was fairly obvious is that Nick had his back turned to Stan, he was 90 feet away, and he mumbled it under his breath, I mean no way was he actually being confrontational," he said on Friday morning.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/...ver-stan-wawrinka-sledge-20150813-giyx1p.html

So, not only is this not a big deal, it didn't even ****ing happen.

Mumbling it under your breath, with your back turned and a few metres away from the other guy, is not a sledge.

I wonder why the footage makes it look like Kyrgios is heading towards the net, not away.

Good job everyone. You've just been suckered in by the media.

No, we were discussing it then I pointed out that Stan should be copping more heat for his actions. Should he not be held accountable for his behavior? Or is that a standard only Nick should have?
I don't understand.
So apparently he didn't even say it to him? He was walking, with his back towards Stan, and was 90 feet away and mumbled it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/...ver-stan-wawrinka-sledge-20150813-giyx1p.html

So, not only is this not a big deal, it didn't even ******* happen.

Mumbling it under your breath, with your back turned and a few metres away from the other guy, is not a sledge.

I wonder why the footage makes it look like Kyrgios is heading towards the net, not away.

Fairly naive response.

So what your saying is he was directing it towards a ball boy???
Sorry but regardless of the manner in which it was done it was clearly heard by anyone listening either there or on TV.
Many watched it and clearly made out what he said so if the media have suckered us in by screening very conclusive coverage then so be it.

Sorry but regardless of the manner in which it was done it was clearly heard by anyone listening either there or on TV.
Many watched it and clearly made out what he said so if the media have suckered us in by screening very conclusive coverage then so be it.
I think a more logical answer is he was saying it to himself.

How can anyone defend Kyrgios here? I get that Wawrinka is carrying on a bit but it's a pathetic line that you don't say because there are other people involved.

His own mother and brother have labelled it a sledge. It's pretty clear from the way it was phrased that it was directed at Wawrinka. Wouldn't be surprised if Wawrinka didn't hear it originally but in any case mumbling shit like that and then avoiding Wawrinka after the match is weak.

Was it actually heard by people there? Canadians must have some remarkable hearing.

How can anyone defend Kyrgios here? I get that Wawrinka is carrying on a bit but it's a pathetic line that you don't say because there are other people involved.

His own mother and brother have labelled it a sledge. It's pretty clear from the way it was phrased that it was directed at Wawrinka. Wouldn't be surprised if Wawrinka didn't hear it originally but in any case mumbling shit like that and then avoiding Wawrinka after the match is weak.

Again there isn't a stack of love for Kyrgios (beyond the morbid fascination of him, much like McEnroe before him) people are just pointing out that the reaction is over the top.

Again there isn't a stack of love for Kyrgios (beyond the morbid fascination of him, much like McEnroe before him) people are just pointing out that the reaction is over the top.
Well try telling that to Thanasi.
His name has been dragged into this by some arrogant w***er who's ego exceeds his abilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well try telling that to Thanasi.
His name has been dragged into this by some arrogant ****** who's ego exceeds his abilities.

Dont feign anger for Thanassi, im sure if he is pissed off about it he will quietly tell his mate so.

Yes. He was merely telling him. :rolleyes:

Take it in context mate, someone was condoning the violence Nick was allegedly subjected to as "action=reaction" i was being flippant.

I'm not such a campaigner who would say such offensive things.

Those who do should expect it as one form of response.

You are a hypocrite then mate.
You condemn one form of offensive behavior but condone the use of another.

Were you? It looks like you were trying to blame Wawrinka for some strange reason.

Yup, it's clearly all Wawrinka's fault. 12 year olds everywhere.

When and where did I say it was Stan Wawrinkas fault? Just because you disagree with someones comments don't assume whatever you like just because you lack a counter argument and need to discredit them.

Kyrgios hasn't made any other similar personal remarks to any other player before. And we know he and Stan have had issues before, so pointing those issues out and discussing them, isn't blaming the other guy who got told in front of the whole world that his girlfriend sleeps around on tour.
Just because the rest of the facts of this saga between the two aren't flattering for Stan, don't pretend like anyone is trying to pass off the blame to him now.

As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango.

Alright so his comments about his girlfriend getting banged by Kokkinakis may not have been the most sportsmanlike thing to say on a court(not that Federer is any better when his arrogance shines through, but nobody likes to talk about that), but is accusing you opponent after a match in a press conference in front of the worlds media that he faked his injury sportsmanlike?

It's not about defending one or the other, but about understanding what's going on in the big picture between the two, and not falling for the media sensationalism like some people have.

Oh yeah, weak is it?

Why didn't Wawrinka have the balls to go up to Kyrgios at the conclusion of their match earlier in the year and directly accuse him of faking his injury?

Why did he do it in front the media at a press conference later?

Both comments are offensive to the player they are directed at.
The Australian media is ripping into Kyrgios now.
Where was the Australian media to stand up for one of our own when he was having shit thrown at him by an opponent unfairly?

Dont feign anger for Thanassi, im sure if he is pissed off about it he will quietly tell his mate so

So lets do the right thing and wipe it under the carpet then hey!
Are you a pollie by any chance Phantom??

No Thanasi should be pissed badly about this...I would be...!
This is a bad blight on Australian tennis and Australia as a whole.

We need to stamp this out and remove ourselves from this completely.
I understand the AFL mentality we have in Australia and I love it.
However on the international scale we can't be seen to behave in such an uncivilised way

No, but why blow it out of all proportion?
You've got no answer for that because the media isn't going to tell you why they are blowing it out of proportion so you are shit out of luck.

He should be? Why? Because the media has created an opinion for you and you are pissed off as a result? Do you know Thanassi? I bet you can't even pronounce his name and call him Ta-nasi.

Why is this a blight on Australia as a whole?
It's one young bloke behaving badly. If someone, somewhere, doesn't want to come visit Australia, or thinks less of Australians, because of the behavior of one person, then that person I'd suggest has bigger problems in their life then what some tennis player has to say on court and should probably go seek professional help for some obvious mental issues.

However on the international scale we can't be seen to behave in such an uncivilised way

Does this apply to the Australian cricket team as well? And other sports

We can't be seen? Who is we? Nick Kyrgios of you and I?
Why are you taking this so personally?
Nobody gives a shit where he is from.

No im not, im just being a bit more reasonable about a stupid comment made by a 20 year old athlete.

Maybe Thanassi should be but thats his call, not yours, if i was him i wouldn't be thrilled but i also wouldnt be furious. It also speaks volumes of his character that he doesnt want to buy into the circus that this has become (i can like stoic athletes and brash bad boys alike cause im complicated like that).

"We" dont need to do anything, this whole thing has become a massive overblown spectacle because of people like you who give it oxygen. Stop comparing it to AFL, no one else is, im just making the point that Tennis is no more civilised and gentlemanly than any other sport so stop holding him to a higher standard than other athletes, international or otherwise. Zidane was the one who got hammered when he headbutted that guy who called his sister a whore or whatever. Its ridiculous that people want him publically executed for what amounts to a childish comment said on the sporting field.

Get a grip, you're acting like Kyrgios racially abused someone.

He made a stupid remark about his mate banging another tennis players girlfriend.

Can't believe how much of a wimp Wawrinka is.

Hilarious thing is that people think his behaviour reflects poorly on our country's international repuation. Floyd Mayweather is the biggest douche in international sports but that won't mean that I assume all Americans partake in domestic violence.

Last edited:
I mean Wawrinka had it coming.

2A1B16BC00000578-0-image-a-26_1435679264823.jpg

that picture is just so wrong.

he looks short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back