Lachie Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

A few people need to have a think about the behefits of the Tassie alignment, in that we have all our listed players in the VFL 1's. If we were aligned to only Nth Ballarat then half of them like Ross, Goldstein, Warren, Urqhart etc. would be playing two's. There are also two main reasons that Tassie are crap this year. The first is that they lost Callinan, Atkin, Plapp, Bartlett, Grima and a couple of other senior blokes in one go and the second is the Nth blokes are barely getting a kick. Crewells direction to stay at home more (and most probably pick up a player) will actually benefit Hansen in the long run. From my viewing of him so far is he has had a long run of doing what he likes as an arhletic 6' 5" backman playing against kids. His education as a footballer now is to play an a man and beat him. Then when he starts to do that he can begin to run off.

Ive heard that he doesnt enjoy it down there and in the cocktail thread was said to say that he wants 2 play seniors so he doesnt have to travel down there.

Re: Lachie Hansen in the best in Tas

Re: 26. Lachlan Hansen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tassie mercury

IT is becoming a familiar, disappointing pattern as the Devils yo-yoed between effort and pressure on their way to a seventh straight loss yesterday.

Against Port Melbourne at Bellerive, patches of brilliance were matched by periods of absence as the Devils repeatedly played catch-up footy only to again go missing after getting within striking distance.

Kangaroos No.3 draft pick Lachlan Hansen played his best game for the Devils in defence,

Round 8 SCORES TEAMS TIME/VENUE
14.12-96 Tasmania 2:00 PM
Sat 2/Jun

Bellerive Oval
def. by
18.14-122 Port Melbourne
Tasmania
Goal Kickers: A. Derbyshire 4, S. Stephens 2, B. Ross 2, B. Geappen, K. Hall, P. Koulouriotis, B. Moles, T. Goldstein, L. Harding
Best Players: S. Stephens, L. Hansen, D. Hale, B. Moran, T. Collier, A. Cornelius
Port Melbourne
Goal Kickers: T. Langford 5, L. Cotchett 3, J. Dukes 2, J. Rowe 2, M. Pearce, M. Smith, J. Baird, S. Pleming, S. Dwyer, R. Nahas
Best Players: R. McMahon, J. Rowe, S. Pleming, T. Langford, D. Robbins, L. Cotchett

Ive heard that he doesnt enjoy it down there and in the cocktail thread was said to say that he wants 2 play seniors so he doesnt have to travel down there.

I think if the rumours were true and if he was displeased about travelling down to Tassie to play VFL seniors then there are 2 things he can do.

He can either go and sit in a corner and sulk about it and play crap football and place his AFL career in the hands of his manager and ask to be traded at the end of his contract or he can pull his fricking finger out and embrace playing 2nd level senior footy until he has developed enough physically and mentally to put his body through the rigours of AFL football consistently against men.

If he cant develop this discipline over his early career then he is not the player I thought we drafted and he is certainly not leadership material. Plenty of other young players have gone through more to get to play AFL football than he is putting up with at the moment.

A few people need to have a think about the behefits of the Tassie alignment, in that we have all our listed players in the VFL 1's. If we were aligned to only Nth Ballarat then half of them like Ross, Goldstein, Warren, Urqhart etc. would be playing two's. There are also two main reasons that Tassie are crap this year. The first is that they lost Callinan, Atkin, Plapp, Bartlett, Grima and a couple of other senior blokes in one go and the second is the Nth blokes are barely getting a kick. Crewells direction to stay at home more (and most probably pick up a player) will actually benefit Hansen in the long run. From my viewing of him so far is he has had a long run of doing what he likes as an arhletic 6' 5" backman playing against kids. His education as a footballer now is to play an a man and beat him. Then when he starts to do that he can begin to run off.

Mate you are spot on, I despair at some of the logic on this board.

Many of our newbies played for Port twos includung Moran, Big H and McMahon which virtually did nothing for their development in their first year.

At least playing for Tassie these kids have a chance to show what they are made of against men and if they think that playing seniors aginst WCE at Subi is easier they are kiding themselves.

McMahon is a good example of hard work and not loosing sight of the big picture. I'm not saying he's going to make it (although I like his start) but he's come from a long way back to now be in front of guys like Trotter, Urch, Sansbury etc

Some of our more highly rated draftees would do well to follow McMahon's example. I don't really want to hear that it's all a bit too hard, I just want to see our kids make the most of their opportunity and get on with it.

Yeah, was waiting for this, good call.

Should we trade Hansen? Maybe we should, very disappointing.

Typical over-reaction to anything negative said about one of our young kids.

Good to read that Hansen had a good game for Tassie on the weekend. Thats what the no.3 draft pick in the "best draft ever" should be doing in the VFL, at least on a semi-consistant basis.

Typical over-reaction to anything negative said about one of our young kids.

Good to read that Hansen had a good game for Tassie on the weekend. Thats what the no.3 draft pick in the "best draft ever" should be doing in the VFL, at least on a semi-consistant basis.
I sincerely hope you know what sarcasm is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the rumour is true (a big if) then he needs to get over it, work hard and earn himself a recall. It's the only way forward for him.

That, if you don't mind me saying, is a very 19th century attitude moomba. Are you a manger of staff by any chance?

These days another option is to move on to a place that suits you better.

If Lachie were to do this we would simply have wasted our first round pick.

Surely we have not spent months agonising over our pick and then chosen a kid who, to our surprise doesn't like cold weather or aeroplanes.

I say find out if the rumour is true (agreed, a big if) then deal with it properly. He is a very valuable asset not to be dismissed with a quick 'get over it'.

Can't believe that we're all wasting time responding to a dodgy thread that was started by a Richmond Supporter.

Given that Richmond with no wins this year are going nowhere fast, C-Dog has resorted to day dreaming on other teams forums.

Lachie Hansen is like lots of other 18 year olds and will experience many ups and downs in his first year of footy at the highest level.

He was challenged last week with Tasmania and responded excellently against Port Melbourne at CHB where he plays his best football. Always gives 100% and will be a great player for the Roos in the future.

The Kangaroos have a lot to look forward to.

You could tell allready he has bad body language and is sooking all ready he looks like a kid that if he didnt get drafted he would be a no body.
I personally didnt rate him that highly and think it was mistake taking him, i mean for the kangaroos sake i hope he turns out to be a good player but comparing a Marc Murphy or gibbs to lachie there is no comparscent.

Did you see lachie on the footy show what did people think about him.

That, if you don't mind me saying, is a very 19th century attitude moomba. Are you a manger of staff by any chance?

I am a manager of staff, and I would say that I don't treat my staff in the same way (have gone through something quite similar this week). But I do think your typical football environment is very different to your typical office environment.

These days another option is to move on to a place that suits you better.

If Lachie were to do this we would simply have wasted our first round pick.

Surely we have not spent months agonising over our pick and then chosen a kid who, to our surprise doesn't like cold weather or aeroplanes.

I would suggest that if he can't get over such trivialities he won't be much of a player anyway. I'd be very surprised if he couldn't get over it though.

I say find out if the rumour is true (agreed, a big if) then deal with it properly. He is a very valuable asset not to be dismissed with a quick 'get over it'.

I suspect the rumour is at best only half true. If it is true I'd have to say I'd have very little sympathy for an 18 year old earning pretty good money who can't cope with a dozen flights to Tasmania and a bit of cold weather.

It's not that much to ask to stick it out for the rest of the season, he can certainly look to move next year, and there is every indication that Tassie won't be an option anyway.

He should be enjoying his footy. He should be developing as a player. he should look like a young gun, or a potential young gun. I saw him on TV 3 weeks ago and he looked extremely ordinaire.

To me, the first post has the smell of credibility

I blame our alliance with Tassie. They're a crap team and it would be hard for any young player to go down there into a disunited environment, surrounded by some of the mediocre senior players that I saw, and do well.

I'm sure our management will have it on the agenda if there's some improvement needed.

We've surely got to protect our investment in our first round pick and him wasting a whole year of his life is not going to make anyone happy.

Look at Tassie's record before the alliance, blame Tassie? No ****ing way.

After each Tasmanian game all players are awarded votes in the "Bartercard VFL Player of the Year". All players rated out of 5, with only one 5 awarded each week.

In the game against Port Melbourne, Lachlan Hansen was awarded the 5 votes and is currently the best performed Kangaroos player in respect to this award. This is despite missing the first game.

Obviously he can't be that disappointed with his time at Tassie as some people such as C-Dog are inferring? If he was as unhappy as we are led to believe I wouldn't expect him to be averaging 3 votes per game.
Votes as at the end of Round 8 are as follows:
28 = Hall
26 = Geappen
23 = Moles
22 = Collier
21 = O'Sign, Carins
20 = Koulouriotis, Derbyshire, Hansen
19 = Whish-Wilson
18 = Westfield
17 = Thurley, Moran
15 = Stephens, Goldstein
14 = Careless, Adams, Ross
13 = Brown, Warren
12 = Street, McMahon
9 = Sharman
7 = Ryan
5 = Shackleton, Armstrong, Hale
4 = Charlesworth
3 = McMichael, Smith, Littlejohn, Harding
2 = Crawford, Howard, Ling, Cornelius
1 = Johnson

Quick question. Does anyone know how players get allocated to either North Ballarat or Tassie?
I believe there is a mini 'draft' at the start of each season - each club takes it in turns to pick a player from the new players on our list.
For some reason which I can't quite fathom, the two clubs subsequently agreed to swap Ben Hughes and Todd Goldstein, so the system is obviously a bit flexible.

After each Tasmanian game all players are awarded votes in the "Bartercard VFL Player of the Year". All players rated out of 5, with only one 5 awarded each week.

In the game against Port Melbourne, Lachlan Hansen was awarded the 5 votes and is currently the best performed Kangaroos player in respect to this award. This is despite missing the first game.

Obviously he can't be that disappointed with his time at Tassie as some people such as C-Dog are inferring? If he was as unhappy as we are led to believe I wouldn't expect him to be averaging 3 votes per game.
Votes as at the end of Round 8 are as follows:
28 = Hall
26 = Geappen
23 = Moles
22 = Collier
21 = O'Sign, Carins
20 = Koulouriotis, Derbyshire, Hansen
19 = Whish-Wilson
18 = Westfield
17 = Thurley, Moran
15 = Stephens, Goldstein
14 = Careless, Adams, Ross
13 = Brown, Warren
12 = Street, McMahon
9 = Sharman
7 = Ryan
5 = Shackleton, Armstrong, Hale
4 = Charlesworth
3 = McMichael, Smith, Littlejohn, Harding
2 = Crawford, Howard, Ling, Cornelius
1 = Johnson

look for those three players to get drafted in the next few years, collier to be top 10 this year, whish-wilson late or rookie as he turns 19 this year, and cornelius was only 16 when he played his first game last week, but has turned 17 from then to now, absolute gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back