Traded Lachie Schultz [Traded to Collingwood for #34 and F1]

Remove this Banner Ad

was told he was better than Bobby and Elliott :$
You were a foolish person to believe that! 😂😂
Schultz is a solid battler. Good role player that can snag a goal pretty regularly. No superstar though. Elliott is miles ahead of him.

Pavlich summed it up well at the time. He’s a role player - not a key piece like Serong, Brayshaw or Darcy. You don’t pay overs to keep the likes of Schultz around.

was told he was better than Bobby and Elliott :$

some stats on a forward smalls.

Jame Elliot 14 g Score inv 5.8 tack 2.5 i50 tack 1.5 press acts 17.1
Bobby Hill 10g socre inv 5.1 i50 tack 1.0 press acts 11.3
Laurie Schultz 9g Score inv 4.8 tack 4.0 (9th in league for small forwrads) i50 tack 1.5 press acts 20.0 (6th in league for small forwards)
Beau McCeery 6g Score inv 3.4 tack 4.4 (5th in league for small forwards) i50 tack 1.4 press acts 19.6
Will Hosken Elliot 7g Score inv 4.4 tack 1.3 i50 tack 0.1 press acts 9.0
Harvey Harrison 2g Score inv 3.5 tack 0.5 i50 tack 0.5 press acts 8.0

episode 7 monty burns GIF

They have paid a LOT for him, and in order to fit him in, basically gave Ginnivan to the Hawks for free to make space.

A really weird trade.

Its going to delay their rebuild right into the Tassie zone as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Help a brother out and get the club to put in a big effort against Port and Pies.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV
A fun little comparison I have been doing is between Schultz and Shaun Mannagh, who Geelong picked up with a late second they got for free from Essendon on draft day.

They are the same age, the same height, play roughly the same position. Lachie more your traditional stay at home small forward, Mannagh more involves at HFF playing the way Geelong plays Miers.

Go watch Mannaghs vision from the last two weeks and pick which one you'd rather have

The trade seemed like overs at the time assuming Collingwood finished near the top again, looks like robbery atm with them probably out of the 8 and his form ordinary.
True, I think someone on this board mentioned a tax or something or rather that we have to pay for being a destination club. The optimist in me says that the draft is a lottery, sliding doors who knows, could be a lose/lose if Freo pick a dud with it, and just miss out on their window with a close finish in finals and Schultz would have been the difference.

Anyways, wishful thinking and that's me clutching at straws. A stupid trade!

Smart move by Schultz would have never got this sort of contract if he stayed another year. If Collingwood lose again they could pack it in for the season and give Fremantle a pretty decent pick!

Traded Lachie Schultz [Traded to Collingwood for #34 and F1]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back