Nicco_jj

Bigfooty Kid
Apr 27, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
A couple of weeks ago I did the ladder predictor and had us finishing 9th - based on injuries, form, and momentum.

I felt I was being pessimistic (i don't like getting my hopes up), but in my predictor I had us beating GC. That didn't eventuate, and after the loss to the Dons (predicted) I have re done it. I've posted the results below.

I'd be interested to see some others do it too, and at the end of the season whoever gets closest can pretend they know the most about footy.

The obvious sub-plot is that the ladder is going to be close, no matter what. A few wins will separate 7th to 10th.
My personal opinion is that we'd need to not only win the obvious ones on the run home, but also beat at least a couple of Geelong, Carlton, Swans, Brisbane (and have a few other games drop our way) to be guaranteed a spot in the 8.

Also please actually do the predictor before criticising mine ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240706_185256_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240706_185256_AFL.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20240706_185312_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240706_185312_AFL.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 33

PROJECTED WEEK 1 OF FINALS

First Qualifying Final (1st hosts 4th):
Sydney Swans vs Geelong at the SCG

First Elimination Final (5th hosts 8th): Essendon vs Collingwood at the MCG

Second Elimination Final (6th hosts 7th): Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide at the Gabba

Second Qualifying Final (2nd hosts 3rd): Carlton vs Fremantle at the MCG

Fox Sports predictor just posted, what sweet revenge if this comes to fruition and we can bounce the bummers out..

Second Elimination Final (6th hosts 7th): Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide at the Gabba

Fox Sports predictor just posted, what sweet revenge if this comes to fruition and we can bounce the bummers out..
The risk of Essendon winning their first final in 20 years :oops:

Lets say we play essendon and beat them - we then would one of sydney/geelong a semi..

At least it'll be at the G if its Geelong.. More likely Geelong, can't see Sydney losing at home in a final.

Of course things will change between now and round 24, so this is a revolving equation.

I've redone it over and over and keep coming up with 9th. I thought we needed four out of seven left but to be safe its five. We need to beat Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond and Melbourne and one of scum, Sydney or Brisbane to be guaranteed a spot. Funnily with five we can finish 4th or 5th. Its weird.

What I do know if we don't beat the Cats, our fate will be in the hands of other teams.

Of course that's on predicted results. Any team above us could lose and/or get injuries.

Its very unpredictable. Sides below us will have a big bearing on how the season plays out. GC, Bulldogs, Stkilda and Adelaide will beat some top sides. How and when it affects us is unknown.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've redone it over and over and keep coming up with 9th. I thought we needed four out of seven left but to be safe its five. We need to beat Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond and Melbourne and one of scum, Sydney or Brisbane to be guaranteed a spot. Funnily with five we can finish 4th or 5th. Its weird.

What I do know if we don't beat the Cats, our fate will be in the hands of other teams.

Of course that's on predicted results. Any team above us could lose and/or get injuries.

Its very unpredictable. Sides below us will have a big bearing on how the season plays out. GC, Bulldogs, Stkilda and Adelaide will beat some top sides. How and when it affects us is unknown.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I mirror this - keep coming up with 9th-10th.

But it seems to be one of the weirder years of AFL for some time. Even this round, GWS beat Carlton, Saints beat Sydney, etc. Geelong - after having had multiple thrashings - suddenly look good again. Dunno. But yes you'd think we'd need 5 wins from here to make a big splash.

The frustrating part is, if we'd have beaten the Saints, and those two draws were wins, all of a sudden we're closing in on top 4...

We have been our own worst enemy this year.

Think we finish just outside the 8 - even winning most games, we now need other results going our way too.
Too many tough games ahead to see us winning more than 2-3 of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda goes without saying mate, cheers. You'll notice I've titled this a "prediction" and "competition" (I. E. To see who gets closest.)
Yeah, I wasn't critical of the thread.
Just pointing out how hard it is to predict 🍻

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Ladder Predictor comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back