Lance Whitnall

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, I am really, really concerned for the desperation of my fellow Tiger supporters when you begin to consider picking players like Whitnal.

Seriously, I'm shocked and saddened to see this club has been so bad it has allowed you to ponder this decision. A club should never force it's supporters to get into this state of mind, we really must be a rabble.

gold :thumbsu:

Mate, I am really, really concerned for the desperation of my fellow Tiger supporters when you begin to consider picking players like Whitnal.

Seriously, I'm shocked and saddened to see this club has been so bad it has allowed you to ponder this decision. A club should never force it's supporters to get into this state of mind, we really must be a rabble.
He did win carltons best and and fairest last year and if he can get fit and get the Knee right can play across CHB im not saying grab him with our first pick but later on if available.or Pettrie been delisted from Crows would he be a better chance.

He has had more success than Cogs over the last 2 years.

I think if he actually worked on his fitness he would be a good pickup for the dogs because they lack height, not us though. We want Brennan.

Brennan has the potential to play 2 or 3 tall behind Richo and can go back and help out Polak, Thurty, and McGuane against teams like Essedon who have tall foward lines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks almost a certainty to be delisted by Carlton, if it hasn't already happened.

Should we consider him with our Pick #1 in the PSD? He's 28.

Personally, I lean towards a player with lesser immediate impact who's five years younger, but we'd be negligent not to at least consider him.

(I really should have included a margin for all of the imminent fat gags)

Oh dear......

i would never consider him at no.1, but if he slips through the cracks to your next pick id say why not? hes got four more years left in him and if he gets into shape, mentally and physically then he could help richmond rebuild into the force it once was:D

Agree with this. Definitely not the first pick but if no-one else takes him and we can fit his salary in, would be a decent addition.

Looks almost a certainty to be delisted by Carlton, if it hasn't already happened.

Personally, I lean towards a player with lesser immediate impact who's five years younger, but we'd be negligent not to at least consider him.

But Brennan Hasn't signed yet

He would be a great pick up

Rutten hasnt signed with Crows that would bolster our backline

Plus Bolton is still up for PSD

How about NO!

Draft-pre-season Whitnall

Whitnall wants to play on

10:35 AM Sun 14 October, 2007 | Back

with AAP

News

CARLTON captain Lance Whitnall will look for another football home, after coach Brett Ratten told him on Saturday his playing days with the Blues were over.
Whitnall, 28, says he intends to nominate for the NAB AFL pre-season draft, despite the club offering to keep him on in an off-field role.
"At this stage, I want to play football so I would say yes [to the draft]," Whitnall told Channel Nine. "But I will have a good think about what options I have and where I will go."
Whitnall has played 11 seasons with the Blues, but missed seven games with a knee injury in 2007.
Carlton chief executive Greg Swann said a medical report convinced the Blues Whitnall's knee would not stand up to another AFL season. Coach Brett Ratten broke the news to Whitnall on Friday.
"[He] sat down and he looked me in the eye and told me that is the way they are going to go and I couldn't argue, that was it," Whitnall said.
"It hasn't really sunk in at the moment. I only got the news late yesterday afternoon so it hasn't really sunk in. I am a bit disappointed but that is football."
Swann said the Blues were not prepared to nurse Whitnall, who had post-season knee surgery, through a "compromised" pre-season campaign.
Whitnall conceded his injury was persistent.
“It's still there but it hasn't got worse, that is what the doctors told me," Whitnall said. "They said it could get worse at some stage, but they just gave it a quick clean-out."

surely, would rather brennan, regarding the age difference. :thumbsu:

Re: Draft-pre-season Whitnall

you would doubt it. i mean if he could get fit he might be a good player, but way too risky for mine. hopefully we can entice one of rutten/fraser/brennan or even bolton into the psd. if not, then guy richards as a back up ruck would be better than whitnall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lance Whitnall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back