Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Al Davis Unplugged (Tom Cable PC)

For what it's worth, I think it's 50-50. Davis is known to spend a lot of time in bed due to his age, during the mornings and afternoons. Burns the midnight candle watching tape. So I dont think he's as involved as people assume. He meddles, no doubt. But not to the extent people imagine.

lol I love it how its NEVER his fault... By all accounts he has no input into the team :p So really he is pretty useless as an owner...

He isn't useless, he has one use
If anything goes wrong in Oakland, just blame Davis for meddling in it.

Here's the full audio of Davis unplugged (after the cameras and PC finished).

http://www.sbreport.net/audio/2009/cable_press_conference/Al_Davis.wav

Listening to Al in full here, it's really enlightening. He is still very intelligent about football and business and is not the "monster" projected at all. You'd have to listen to it in full to see the examples.

Thought this was worth posting....

The fact is that Al Davis is the only person in the NFL who was an assistant coach at the college and pro levels, a head coach at the pro level, a commissioner and an owner. With that experience, he isn't the typical "meddling" owner like a Daniel Snyder, because, unlike Snyder, Davis has been a coach and knows personnel. There is no one else in the league with Davis' extensive experience in all facets of the game.

Aso Gets Record Deal - Staying In Oakland

Couldn't see any discussion on this in any of the other threads, I woulda thought you'd be all over it GG, so here we are.

Nnamdi signed a record deal for a defensive back - 3 years $45.3 mil.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9239366/Raiders-re-sign-Asomugha-to-monster-new-deal

Good move for the Raiders despite the huge salary. If anyone is worth that kinda money you'd have to say Aso is. They could ill afford to lose their best defensive player.

Re: Aso Gets Record Deal - Staying In Oakland

Oakland have re-signed Asomugha...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/19/asomugha-lands-complex-three-year-deal-with-raiders/

I was surprised they got this deal done. As GG said, with Lechler signed I thought the franchise tag was heading Nnamdi's way again. Well done by the Raiders.... :thumbsu:

PHEW!!! Mr Shutdown stays in Oaktown!! And Lechler as well. Was certain that we would have to use the franchise tag on one of them. Great news and well done Al. Hard to say he has made a mistake (although it is a shirtload of cash). with these signings (looking at you Mr Walker).

until AL does away with the saloon doors that is the O-Line, the Raiders will never be playoff bound. need to make some astute moves here.

^ they have the right HC then for that. OL coach Tom Cable. Also, people dont realize this, but Al is also very big on drafting OLmen. Of course he has his thing for DBs, but he is not a plank of wood either about the importance of an OL. Especially as he comes from the Don Coryell coaching tree, which is all about deep vertical passing....a tenet of that being you need great OL to allow 7 step drops and time in the pocket. Just have to look at the Stabler years....where Stabler would seriously be standing there like a statue looking and looking because of how great the Raider OL was.

that was so hard

hopefully this stays on track longer than the talk about this in the other thread. 4 posts from pointing it out to talking about Oakland's OL

Ahh well....I looked in a few threads, couldn't see anything - I'm not really on the ball today :confused:

Either way, I'll justify making a new thread on it by way of the record contract involved :p

Big news regardless I guess after months of specualtion as to what uniform he was going to be wearing next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh well....I looked in a few threads, couldn't see anything - I'm not really on the ball today :confused:

Either way, I'll justify making a new thread on it by way of the record contract involved :p

Big news regardless I guess after months of specualtion as to what uniform he was going to be wearing next season.
fair enough. Im aiming for my post count to be 16 a day. (I want to slowly catch up on forst of all time (HBF or something)) im only 3.17 away. But it is worthy of its own thread. Im just pedantic

LOL good to see you have lofty goals Riggy ;)

I think my average is 1.7 or something like that.

I dunno what happened, I looked around for some Aso news and couldn't see it, thought I had the scoop there for a minute :cool:

I'm sure there will be a few disappointed Falcon fans. Over on our official boards we've had people talking about him being a Falcon for about the last 12 months. Would have been a nice upgrade but if he didn't re-sign surely they would have franchised him over Lechler, meaning that anyone who wanted his services would have paid a king's ransom.

Off topic a bit but anyways, I think we have a rising star in our secondary in Chris Houston. Has all the tools to become one of the better CB's in the league, just neeeds to put it all together and work on a few things and I think we will have something special in a couple of years *fingers crossed*

fair enough. Im aiming for my post count to be 16 a day. (I want to slowly catch up on forst of all time (HBF or something)) im only 3.17 away. But it is worthy of its own thread. Im just pedantic
You do realise that to make ANY leeway you have to AT LEAST post more daily than HBF?

I would recommend at least 30 posts a day... Will only take 5-6 years if he slows down ;)

It's good for the Raiders because the franchise tag would cost them about $12m on the cap. But with a deal like this, they can afford to backload the contract with guaranteed money that will lessen the cap load.

Only 3 years, indicates Asomugha is playing "wait and see" if the Raiders improve their BS or not. Like an ultimatum on Al, otherwise he'll want out.

Yeah the 3 year figure did seem quite strange to me GG. It's not often that big name players like Aso sign a 3 year deal. You're generally looking at at least a 4 year deal for someone of his calibre.

Probably a smart move on his part though. Knowing that if the franchise doesn't get its shit together he's only gotta be there for another 3 years.

Seems a bit expensive to me, I suppose they now at least have him on the books so they can trade him. Then again, some of the deals these days, 50 million over three years doesn't seem too bad for someone that can cut the field in half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Back