Last Transfer Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Bowyer to Liverpool
Ince to Man City
Boateng to Middlesbrough
Holland to Fulham

And The_Flying_Egg tells me Greenacre from some division 3 side is proudly rocking up to join Bruce and the boys at the much fancied division 2 side Barnsley.

$10 mill for Nicky? Nope. Inter don't need him, and he's a Fergie favourite, so I couldn't see him going. I remember Celtic being after him for a long time, and Fergie knocked them back for a long time. Keano doesn't have long to go either, so I think it's logical we keep Nicky.

Rumours. Well, as long as we get two of Rio Ferdinand, Alessandro Nesta, or Lilian Thuram, I'll be a very happy red.

The Hitman

Originally posted by The Hitman

Rumours. Well, as long as we get two of Rio Ferdinand, Alessandro Nesta, or Lilian Thuram, I'll be a very happy red.

Me thinks Man U is only aiming to get one, hence them signing Blanc on for one more year (which to a Gooner is a good thing).

If Nesta goes I think Real would beat Man U in a bidding war. The bank of Madrid and the Spanish government combined is a scary prospect, not even Man U is that rich.

It looks like Thuram won't be coming. That's probably a good thing considering his career in going down quicker than Matthew Richardson's.

Rio looks like the best and most logicial signing. As a Gunners fan I am praying Leeds use some common sense and keep on to him, but common sense and Leeds aren't really two of a kind these days.

Originally posted by Bulldog1954
Ince to Man City

NoNoNo

One of the City supporters sent an email to the club begging them not to sign Ince. He got a reply saying that the signing would be very unlikely. I am hoping that the club sees sense on this, I think many would find it very difficult to cope with.

And The_Flying_Egg tells me Greenacre from some division 3 side is proudly rocking up to join Bruce and the boys at the much fancied division 2 side Barnsley.

Ex-City player. We have a sell-on clause but it looks like he will move on a Bosman. Scored a heap last year and will be interesting to see how he goes in div2.

Moomba

Originally posted by The Hitman

It wouldn't surprise me if the PLC found a way to scuttle Fergie's plans to sign any of these players. I get the feeling that Fergie will be forced to sell someone before he's allowed to splash out the cash on a massi*....er....I mean, big signing.

*A warning that chatting to City fans like Moomba can adversely affect your vocabulary

Originally posted by moomba

One of the City supporters sent an email to the club begging them not to sign Ince.

Gee.....he played for Liverpool, might end up at City...what next? A year or two with Leeds? And anyway, calling him "Massive Time Charlie" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Apparently the Gunners have entered the bidding war for Rio Ferdinand. I think Rio would love to be able to play alongside Sol week in, week out. It would be good for the national side and more importantly it would be great for the Gunners.

BTW I saw that Gunners going for Rio on channel 7's sportswatch thing, I guess it's not too reliable.

Pascal Cygan is all but ours. Does anyone know anything about him? I know he is 28 yo uncapped French centre back. Apparently he was impressive in the Champions League last season.

It now looks like Thuram will go to Milan for Rui Costa.

No deal has been done for Nesta, but he was quoted as saying... "I know that there is an agreement between Massimo Moratti and Sergio Cragnotti. The negotiations will reach a turning point during my holiday. I am dreaming about playing with champions like Ronaldo and Christian Vieri"

Originally posted by moomba

NoNoNo

One of the City supporters sent an email to the club begging them not to sign Ince. He got a reply saying that the signing would be very unlikely. I am hoping that the club sees sense on this, I think many would find it very difficult to cope with.

Ex-City player. We have a sell-on clause but it looks like he will move on a Bosman. Scored a heap last year and will be interesting to see how he goes in div2.

Moomba

I'm almost certain that Chris Greenacre did leave on a Bosman so no $$$:( .

Can't belive that Paul Ince rumor is still breathing, surely not! Who's your source Slax?

Olisadebe to newly promoted Birmingham for $A12mln. Now its just a matter of PAO accepting the offer, and considering their abundance of strikers and reported financial difficulties, they may be forced to sell him. Thats pretty cheap considering earlier in the year Juventus were being rumoured to have signed him for $A28mln.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Chris_23
It now looks like Thuram will go to Milan for Rui Costa.
[/i]

where did you hear that?

Just heard that Thuram is going to Milan for 18 million plus Serginho.

gotta get rid of Rui Costa tho!

Originally posted by Rocco Jones
BTW I saw that Gunners going for Rio on channel 7's sportswatch thing, I guess it's not too reliable.

Pascal Cygan is all but ours. Does anyone know anything about him? I know he is 28 yo uncapped French centre back. Apparently he was impressive in the Champions League last season.

Its actually suppossed to be quite reliable. Man U and Arsenal have both bid GBP25M but Leeds want 30M. It may be that whoever is willing to go to 30 will get him. However, apparently, Rio + girlfriend don't like living in the north and would prefer a move back to London which would put Arsenal in pole position to sign him (obviously).

The fact that Cygan hasn't signed yet may also have something to do with Rio. Arsenal may not want the both of them and i've heard that Cygan was a bit of a stop gap measure until we signed Hofland from PSV, who want 1 more season at PSV before joining us.

I personally don't think that we will get Rio, although i'd love him and Sol in the center. But if Viera goes then we will have the cash to spend and then some so it may be on the cards.

But bear in mind that all of the above could be complete and utter rubbish as its only rumour and hardly ever comes true

Remove this Banner Ad

Last Transfer Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back