Latest polls: "Labor faces wipeout"

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we recognise that, we are incredibly lucky, and both Keating/Hawke and Howard/Costello deserve a lot of credit for that.

My concern is that your last paragraph could end up being applicable to our current PM.

If & that is a large if at the moment Labor does win the next coming election then i would put a couple of $ on Kevin being asked to step aside within two years if not for my version of a wet dream then maybe for Combet or Shorten.

Actually guys, in a way you dont know how lucky you are in this country.

Despite the obvious things. this govt has done a good job with the economy.

But they couldnt have hoped to do the stimulus had the previous lot not left a good debt position and money in the kitty

And the previous lot benefitted from the hard reforms their predecessors undertook

Some will say "but its all underpinned by the magic pudding of being resource rich"

But take Britain - it was the worlds #1 oil producer for along time but failed to get the house in order - they now face "decades of pain" - They've had loonys from both sides stuff it up over there for decades

Very good point about the poms, Pess.

We were indeed very lucky to have the quality performance of Hawke/Keating/Howard/Costello on economic management over 24 years . The reforms they all undertook set up our prosperity today.

However I can't see where that Rudd and Swan have done a good job with the economy. Compared to their predecessors neither of them have a clue beyond political cant and game playing. Look how they've handled the Henry Review.

Labor facing wipeout in WA SHANE WRIGHT ECONOMICS EDITOR, The West Australian

The Federal Government faces electoral annihilation in WA because of its proposed resources super profits tax, with a new Westpoll showing all WA Labor politicians are at risk of losing their seat if an election were held tomorrow.

The Westpoll of 400 voters, taken this week while Prime Minister Kevin Rudd was in Perth trying to sell the tax, shows the ALP's primary vote has collapsed to just 26 per cent, 12 percentage points lower than what it gained at the 2007 election.

It would be the lowest primary vote recorded by the ALP in WA in any poll dating back to Federation. The coalition's primary vote has jumped to 52 per cent, in part driven by a large increase in Nationals support, which now stands at 5 per cent.

Despite growing support for the Greens in the Eastern States, the party's support in the Westpoll was just 9 per cent.

On a two-party preferred basis, the coalition leads Labor 62 to 38. At the 2007 election, the coalition took WA 53 to 47.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/7386902/labor-facing-wipeout-in-wa/

Primary vote 26%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TPP 38% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appears Kev wasn't all that persuasive this week?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/7386902/labor-facing-wipeout-in-wa/

Primary vote 26%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TPP 38% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appears Kev wasn't all that persuasive this week?

Amazing numbers. On those numbers Labor would have zero House of Reps seats in WA. Greens could take Freo. Imagine a world where the government has zero seats in the State which drives the National economy and by contrast the Greens do.

Today we have Richardson joining Walsh in suggesting Rudd is poison and even Rudds brother doesn't help him ...

Has there ever been a greater and faster fall than KRudd?

Amazing numbers. On those numbers Labor would have zero House of Reps seats in WA. Greens could take Freo. Imagine a world where the government has zero seats in the State which drives the National economy and by contrast the Greens do.

Today we have Richardson joining Walsh in suggesting Rudd is poison and even Rudds brother doesn't help him ...

Has there ever been a greater and faster fall than KRudd?

I think back in '75 Labor lost every seat bar one in WA.

1975 - is gonna be heard of more in the next two weeks I suspect.

A total of 400 people was used for that poll.

From those that were at the gathering of billionaires. :)

& Labor still received 26%

It would be a representative demographic, the smaller number brings a larger margin for error, but on those numbers it would be issue. The ALP will get slaughtered in WA and probably QLD.

When G Richardson says you are stuffed, the ALP faithfull should listen............

This government is a joke the only reason they would not be wiped out is the Libs are not presenting a great alternative.

However when Wayne Swan spoke in WA in the last month and did not know the difference between EBIT & EBITDA it nearly made me faint.

How could the man responsible for Australias finance not know this.

Any first year business student understands the difference.

Earnings before interest and tax vs earnings before interest tax depreciation and amortisation.

The mind boggles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a representative demographic, the smaller number brings a larger margin for error, but on those numbers it would be issue. The ALP will get slaughtered in WA and probably QLD.

When G Richardson says you are stuffed, the ALP faithfull should listen............

Assuming a 10% margin of error and it is still a wipe out.

For god sake 'super profits' the friggin rate kicks in at 6% profit... the miners may as well put there cash on deposit with the NAB/ANZ

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/pm-wrecking-labor-has-to-go/story-e6frg6nf-1225878651434

KEVIN Rudd should be replaced now because of the "terminal damage" he is doing to Australia and the Labor Party, says former Queensland treasurer Keith De Lacy who has known the Prime Minister for 20 years.
Mr De Lacy, now chairman of one of Australia's most successful resources companies, Macarthur Coal, says that, with Mr Rudd, there is an "enormous gulf between word and deed, between spin and substance".

"This has led to the terminal loss of trust and respect that is reflected in the opinion polls," Mr De Lacy writes in an article published today in The Weekend Australian. Mr De Lacy also accuses Mr Rudd of having a xenophobic attitude to foreign investment "that would have done (former One Nation leader) Pauline Hanson proud".

The next issue should be the fact that the ALP were completely aware that Rudd is a selfish, deceitful egotist, yet they still put him in the position to become PM.

Come get your no FLIP FLOPS in Canberra t shirts
krud_flip_flop_tshirt-p2359467566927970592pabr_75.jpg

www.zazzle.com.au/bigredisback

What you can't believe the party that gave Latham the podium would do the same for Rudd?

I can believe it, and I thought it was disgraceful at the time that the Media (or the Liberals) didn't call the ALP to account for putting a complete loose cannon in the position to become our Prime Minister.

If they are gonna roll Rudd I want it done in the next 3 weeks! I got 20,000 reasons to want it so!

Labor is hardly going to exist in the Senate for WA.

These figures are unheard of.......

Except for the Libs' national polling numbers for an extended period in 2001 under Howard, of course, amongst other examples... :rolleyes:

I can't remember the state-by-state polling, but I do remember the Libs were down to 29% nationally (they lost what was their safest Federal seat in Queensland during this period) before mid-September 2001- and the WTC bombing, followed by the start of the conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq, along with the sick scaremongering over the Tampa and the fictitious "children overboard" lies, the combination of which saved Howard's bacon at the time. And that's a sad commentary in itself.

I don't know much about this "Westpoll" or the reliability of that organisation, and frankly, I don't place much stock in a poll of 400 people.

I take the Morgan poll far more seriously, and the latest release, face-to-face from last weekend, shows the ALP ahead 52-48 on TPP, and leading the Coalition 42-41 on the primary vote.

I can't remember the state-by-state polling, but I do remember the Libs were down to 29% nationally (they lost what was their safest Federal seat in Queensland during this period) before mid-September 2001- and the WTC bombing, followed by the start of the conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq, along with the sick scaremongering over the Tampa and the fictitious "children overboard" lies, the combination of which saved Howard's bacon at the time. And that's a sad commentary in itself.

I don't know much about this "Westpoll" or the reliability of that organisation, and frankly, I don't place much stock in a poll of 400 people.

I take the Morgan poll far more seriously, and the latest release, face-to-face from last weekend, shows the ALP ahead 52-48 on TPP, and leading the Coalition 42-41 on the primary vote.

Fair enough. Graham Richardson (and others) must be getting all worked up over nothing ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest polls: "Labor faces wipeout"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back