Latham is a Colliongwood Supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

BlueBoy83 said:
If you mean are we smart enough to understand that everytime labour get into power they royally ******** up our economy ... then YES!!!

Yes, there's a lot of evidence for that too isn't there..... Hmmm, Libs came in under Fraser, "Honest John" as Treasurer, all the economic indicators went to sh**, Labour came in under Hawke/Keating, rebuilt the economy, got most things looking good, de-regulated the economy etc. Then the world went into recession, Australia did too (or did Hawke/Keating cause the world recession?), Howard came in as the world recession ended, the economy recovered. Even Howard admits (when confronted) they reaped the benefits of the changes Labour made to modernise the Australian economy. And most leading experts say the interest rates issue is scare mongering because they don't think anything will change under either party. So as far as I can see, it comes down to whether you want Australia to continue to become more hardline, racist and class-oriented or if you liked the country we had, where people are actually nice to each other and don't try to be divisive all the time and big business doesn't get fatter at the expense of everyone else. Heck, I'm so sure of that, I'm prepared to back a Collingwood supporter for PM. ;) It'd be nice to not be made ashamed of my country. Anyway, I'm sure everyone who wants to be is aware of the issues (unfortunately some people will vote on what is best for their wallet next week, not the future of the country). One for the politics board, but I can't resist when people have a dig.

> PS: Latham would be the WORST PM in history of history if he gets elected!!!

Gee, that'd make 2 in a row.

Goat said:
Yes, there's a lot of evidence for that too isn't there..... Hmmm, Libs came in under Fraser, "Honest John" as Treasurer, all the economic indicators went to sh**, Labour came in under Hawke/Keating, rebuilt the economy, got most things looking good, de-regulated the economy etc. Then the world went into recession, Australia did too (or did Hawke/Keating cause the world recession?), Howard came in as the world recession ended, the economy recovered. Even Howard admits (when confronted) they reaped the benefits of the changes Labour made to modernise the Australian economy. And most leading experts say the interest rates issue is scare mongering because they don't think anything will change under either party. So as far as I can see, it comes down to whether you want Australia to continue to become more hardline, racist and class-oriented or if you liked the country we had, where people are actually nice to each other and don't try to be divisive all the time and big business doesn't get fatter at the expense of everyone else. Heck, I'm so sure of that, I'm prepared to back a Collingwood supporter for PM. ;) It'd be nice to not be made ashamed of my country. Anyway, I'm sure everyone who wants to be is aware of the issues (unfortunately some people will vote on what is best for their wallet next week, not the future of the country). One for the politics board, but I can't resist when people have a dig.

you've convinced me

Goat said:

Man you're a complete ********wit!!!

Seriously how the hell could u let a bloke like latham run our country?!!!

How many interviews of him have you heard? Not many i presume!! Why because the labour party have gagged him!! Have you noticed after all the ******** that was said about him, namely by his ex wife ie being a drunk, wife beater, open relationship, bash up cabbie, bachelor party tape etc etc etc ... This has all come to fruition without him really being in the spotlight.

I dont have a problem with people (ie urself) disliking howard ... BUT ... what ppl like you don't think about is the consequences!!! Latham will destroy our country!! YOur a complete knob head if you think that latham will make you a proud australian ... GET A GRIP MATE!!!

Oh and as for running economy!!! Seeing as ive studied it i should let u know that keating did cause the recession in this country ... by continuing to missmanage the economy, run defecit after defecit, being crazy with the policies he was trying to pay for all the while pushing up our CAD and foreign debt committments ... all the while in a period where interest rates were upwards of 20% .... saying it was the recession we had to have what a joke ... this coming from the then treasurer at teh time none the less ... trust me mate ... no matter what you say LABOUR cannot manage our economy ... especially not the clowns they've got in lathams team this time around ... Its easy for him to promise the world, but mark my words he wont deliver!!!

So go ahead vote labour ... what do i care ... your prolly in a labour stronghold and you and your fellow howard haters can vote labour ... but mark my words, if and i mean if latham gets into office, you will regret it!!!!

GO JONNIE!!! :D :D

lathan is not catholic
sw sydney, working class, labor etc but unlike keating he is not a catholic
went to hurlstone ag college [a selective state school]

and a least howard does not pretend to be an afl supporter
[bet he goes for the team playing essendon in secret]

BlueBoy83 said:

How many interviews of him have you heard? Not many i presume!! Why because the labour party have gagged him!! Have you noticed after all the ******** that was said about him, namely by his ex wife ie being a drunk, wife beater, open relationship, bash up cabbie, bachelor party tape etc etc etc ... This has all come to fruition without him really being in the spotlight.

I dont have a problem with people (ie urself) disliking howard ... BUT ... what ppl like you don't think about is the consequences!!! Latham will destroy our country!! YOur a complete knob head if you think that latham will make you a proud australian ... GET A GRIP MATE!!!

Oh and as for running economy!!! Seeing as ive studied it i should let u know that keating did cause the recession in this country ... by continuing to missmanage the economy, run defecit after defecit, being crazy with the policies he was trying to pay for all the while pushing up our CAD and foreign debt committments ... all the while in a period where interest rates were upwards of 20% .... saying it was the recession we had to have what a joke ... this coming from the then treasurer at teh time none the less ... trust me mate ... no matter what you say LABOUR cannot manage our economy ... especially not the clowns they've got in lathams team this time around ... Its easy for him to promise the world, but mark my words he wont deliver!!!

So go ahead vote labour ... what do i care ... your prolly in a labour stronghold and you and your fellow howard haters can vote labour ... but mark my words, if and i mean if latham gets into office, you will regret it!!!!

how ignorant are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueBoy83 said:
YOur a complete knob head if you think that latham will make you a proud australian ... GET A GRIP MATE!!!

Oh and as for running economy!!! Seeing as ive studied it i ...more mindless drivel

Studied it? Year 10 Civics doesn't count.

Maybe you should have a look at the economy when John Howard was treasurer.

hilly said:
Studied it? Year 10 Civics doesn't count.

Maybe you should have a look at the economy when John Howard was treasurer.

actually did it in ecos in yr 12 if my memory serves me correct .... also have touched on it during my degree (b-com usyd).

year 10 civics ... nice one brother!!! keep trying.

BlueBoy83 said:
actually did it in ecos in yr 12 if my memory serves me correct .... also have touched on it during my degree (b-com usyd).

year 10 civics ... nice one brother!!! keep trying.

It's a shame you had to drop English.

Tim56 said:
Howard doesn't support a team - but at least he has the dignity to admit it, not putting up this bullsht pseudo support a la Latham and Keating.

Costello is a big Essendon supporter.

Not true Howard says he supports the Swans

BlueBoy83 said:

And Jack Elliot was the treasurer of the Liberal Party.

Murray said:
Not true Howard says he supports the Swans

howards one of the most sport crazy pm's we've ever had ...

he is made about cricket and rugby ... up in sydney he wouldnt' have much exposure to afl.

the funniest was bob car when talking about the league state of origin a couple of years ago on the footy show, saying good luck to NSW against Victoria!! LOL LOL LOL ... the footy show couldn't stop from laughing there heads off, bob must have felt like a complete idiot, they were like, well im sure we'd do well against the vics, but origins against QLD.

Tim56 said:
Howard doesn't support a team - but at least he has the dignity to admit it, not putting up this bullsht pseudo support a la Latham and Keating.

Costello is a big Essendon supporter.

A melbourne fan who supports the Liberals. Who woulda thunk it...

Johnny a Swans supporter? Wow! It almost makes me think he is telling the truth. he must be the 1st NSW pollie to not claim to support the pies on account of their large following.

Latham saying he goes for the Pies sounds like he is reading from the Keating handbook of vote buying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Latham is a Colliongwood Supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back