AFLW Lauren Arnell - Our inaugural AFLW coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched most of the first qtr of today's game, and then checked the scores regularly for qtrs 2 and 3.

I switched back to the footy at about the 3 minute mark of the last qtr hoping to see a win, and I'm not sure what the game plan was except the Port players seemed to be more intent on trying to save the game than score themselves, and with only a 9 point lead at the time and Freo kicking to the member's stand end the result was unfortunately a certainty.

Another nice person who got the job that has ro be done by a smart hard nut.

Lauren Arnell was another of Koch's trend setting PR appointments. We had to show the world how much we are atuned to the 'equality at any price' agenda.

In the meantime our cross town rivals, coached by a guy with 258 games of AFL experience, continue to play finals.

Lauren Arnell was another of Koch's trend setting PR appointments. We had to show the world how much we are atuned to the 'equality at any price' agenda.

In the meantime our cross town rivals, coached by a guy with 258 games of AFL experience, continue to play finals.
It was driven by Holly Ransom, Juliet Haslam and Richo, but yeah if Koch didn't come up with the idea, he backed it to the hilt to get a woman as first coach rather, than best available person.

Ah yes that must be what the problem is, she's a woman! Never mind that before that guy with 258 games of AFL experience it was a woman who coached the Crows to their first AFLW premiership.

In AFLW, the quarters are so short. The difference between did we go too quickly or not is probably only a couple of minutes, to be fair. So, I’d make that decision again.

Well you are dumb then. If you think dropping a player behind the ball with a 7 point lead and a quarter to play as a good decision, you shouldn't be a head coach.

It was driven by Holly Ransom, Juliet Haslam and Richo, but yeah if Koch didn't come up with the idea, he backed it to the hilt to get a woman as first coach rather, than best available person.

Yes I think we both see a hidden agenda in the appointment. Under Koch &Co the PAFC has lost focus and is more concerned with public image than it's core business- winning games of football. I am not against innovation but not at all costs.

Well you are dumb then. If you think dropping a player behind the ball with a 7 point lead and a quarter to play as a good decision, you shouldn't be a head coach.

Sounds too much like Hinkley after the '21 prelim.

Teakle behind the ball so early was an unjustifiably stupid mistake by Arnell.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Lauren Arnell - Our inaugural AFLW coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back