Remove this Banner Ad

toddy

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Western Magpies
Although it may not be liked by fellows supporters but thought it might be interesting to see who is mentioned.

My nomination goes to Marcus Ashcroft.... Im sorry but he was our leading goal scorer for the opposition and anyone with grey hair should not still be playing afl. Im sure his a great guy and his record is good but im afraid i never warmed to him.

Joel Macdonald

I just wish he'd comb his hair or shave it off or something - plus he can't kick. Same with Copeland. I find it hard to like someone when they look like a goose.:mad:

toddy said:
Although it may not be liked by fellows supporters but thought it might be interesting to see who is mentioned.

My nomination goes to Marcus Ashcroft.... Im sorry but he was our leading goal scorer for the opposition and anyone with grey hair should not still be playing afl. Im sure his a great guy and his record is good but im afraid i never warmed to him.

Ashcroft was one of our most consistent, experienced accountable defenders. Like every1 he did get a bit 'old' and the game overtook him but he was a great member of the premiership teams i thought.

My favourite to hate was always Craig Bolton. Not sure why: maybe he was soft maybe he had poor disposal often, but i never got close to liking him.
Since have come alone under-achiever Dylan Mclaren (who did hold up the ruck when all else were down last year but still was quite ordinary on average), and of course Joel McDonald, who made our 2005 forward problems worse with his consistent shocking delivery.

While i'm a lions Man through and through and try support every player wearing my Maroon, Blue and Gold tinted glasses, Craig Bolton will always take the cake for me as a shocker.

I usually find a way to like them even if I dont initially.

However if I had to pick - Bolton,McLaren, and Copeland( in the early years although have warmed to him over the past 3 seasons)

J Mac, startled Deer Bolton, Caramello.

Marcus was a 1% defender.Solid,did the job, always ran, always reliable.Thats why he was admired by ALL players and coaching staff alike. Shocking injuries in the last few season, like a NIgel Lappin, will play through adversity,and we the support would never ever know.The type of player we need areound, tough as nails.

toddy said:

Fair enough if you didnt like him but if you say he wasn't a good player for Bris, then that's wrong. Consistent, reliable and hard as hell.

PastStefan Carey - scared the crap out of me, he just looked like an Alien
Blake Caracella - never tried to fit in, never looked like he wanted to be here and has now gone over to the dark side! Good Riddance
Jarrod Molloy - surly, miserable git that never smiled. Another one that went to the dark side (see a trend forming here)

Present
Leppa - drives me to distraction
CJ - dirty bastard never forgive him for his attack on Steve Lawrence

Lady Lawrence said:
Blake Caracella - never tried to fit in, never looked like he wanted to be here and has now gone over to the dark side! Good Riddance

Good call :thumbsu:

Have never barracked for a team in any sport that has had a player that frustrated me as much as Caracella. Just when you thought he had turned the corner in terms of effort or application, he'd do something to disappoint you. With a bit more ticker he could have been a gun for us...."couldabeen" should be his nickname.

Lady Lawrence said:

I don't think this is true at all. We dumped him, couldn't afford to keep him. He wanted to stay, and he did have friends.

CJ - dirty bastard never forgive him for his attack on Steve Lawrence
Now Steve Lawrence deserves to be on the list. Certainly not CJ.

Helix said:
I don't think this is true at all. We dumped him, couldn't afford to keep him. He wanted to stay, and he did have friends.

Half true. He wanted more money and we wouldn't pay it.

Helix said:
Now Steve Lawrence deserves to be on the list. Certainly not CJ.

You're a game man to tackle that subject here with our mod!!

For the record, I didn't mind Stevie on the field. Off it - no comment...

Can't beleive Ashcroft got raised. Watching replays on foxfooty from 2002, he was one of our most reliable players. Always composed and even at that age ( considereing his bunged hip) deceptively quick.

Stefan Carey probably takes it out for me, with Dyl a distant second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Chopper was brilliant as a backman, and then roll back to the mid 90's and he was an elite midfielder too -- ran all day, sharp hards, great decision making... Hard not to love chopper I reckon.

Max Kennedy used to make me cringe more than anyone till Dylan. Neither suffer from a lack of commitment, but both had some limitations that frustrated the bejesus out of me at times.

I remember watching Richo tooling around to G with us trying to defend a slim lead, and Max trying to chase him. I swear he must have been wearing half-full gum boots, the way he was running.

The Flying Belgian said:
Half true. He wanted more money and we wouldn't pay it.
:) Ok.

You're a game man to tackle that subject here with our mod!!

For the record, I didn't mind Stevie on the field. Off it - no comment...

i am not trying to upset anyone, but I though Steve Lawrence was an average footballer, gutsy no doubt, but not overly talented or skilled. Off field, trouble. CJ on the other hand is talent personified, and although i don't know the circumstances relating to the attack LL reffered to, if he took a swipe at Steve Lawrence, he probably deserved it I reckon.

Can't beleive Ashcroft got raised. Watching replays on foxfooty from 2002, he was one of our most reliable players. Always composed and even at that age ( considereing his bunged hip) deceptively quick.

Stefan Carey probably takes it out for me, with Dyl a distant second.

Me either. Ashcroft was a rock. Stefan Carey was never interested. Big mistake to take him.

Stupido Cupido - for just ********ing it up against a wall - and Silly Dylly for the 2004 GF. All he had to do was break even - FFS. How can anyone who had even the remotest interest in the Lions not like Marcus ? If only he was 10 years younger - still reckon he was our best in 2002 GF.

Alastair Lynch, he reminded me to much of Lloydy he was always lookin for a free kick and i hate players that do that. Aker sought of annoys me i respect him and what he does on the field but his mouth off the field just drives me nuts

Captain Charisma said:
Alastair Lynch, he reminded me to much of Lloydy he was always lookin for a free kick

You wreckon?:(

Love your work Aka!

Been thinking about it for a few days now and found it hard to split Nathan Buckley, assuming we're allowed Bears players, and Dessie Headland. Buckley cause he screwed the system and with Voss and Buckley in the same midfield we would have been unstoppable. Dessie cause he was simply my favourite player, and broke my heart. We suffered thru that terrible season when we finished last and the payoff was the first round pick which we got dessie. Overall have to pick Buckley.

matera_goal said:
"stupido" cupido (hes a girl and a showpony. plus he cant kick)

Yes. Cupido was a terribly unintelligent individual.

Captain Charisma said:
Alastair Lynch, he reminded me to much of Lloydy he was always lookin for a free kick and i hate players that do that. Aker sought of annoys me i respect him and what he does on the field but his mouth off the field just drives me nuts
Seriously how can you be a Lions supporter from Tasmania and say that...

...Been trying really hard to think but can’t really come up with a single one myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Least Favourite Lions player of the last 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back