Leaving Early

Remove this Banner Ad

Often I've found myself in a sea of eagles or dockers fans and the team is getting belted. I never leave early. I wouldnt give the bastards around me the satisfaction of seeing me go. The crowds are going to decline and probably the ratings too. The AFL might give us access to an elite tall forward at mid season just to keep us winning......kidding

I know it's frustrating that people leave early, but our supporters still showed up in big numbers.

That was our biggest H&A crowd against an interstate team in VFL/AFL history.

Top 10 (Collingwood vs Non-Vic H&A crowds in Melbourne)
  1. Rd 1 2024 = Collingwood vs Sydney (78,933)
  2. Rd 8 2023 = Collingwood vs Sydney (71,463)
  3. Rd 15 2023 = Collingwood vs Adelaide (65,930)
  4. Rd 9 2013 = Collingwood vs Sydney (65,306)
  5. Rd 21 2007 = Collingwood vs Sydney (63,842)
  6. Rd 13 2012 = Collingwood vs West Coast (62,957)
  7. Rd 19 2003 = Collingwood vs Brisbane Lions (61,868)
  8. Rd 18 2023 = Collingwood vs Fremantle (61,157)
  9. Rd 3 2019 = Collingwood vs West Coast (60,878)
  10. Rd 2 2023 = Collingwood vs Port Adelaide (60,744)

I know it's frustrating that people leave early, but our supporters still showed up in big numbers.

That was our biggest H&A crowd against an interstate team in VFL/AFL history.

Top 10 (Collingwood vs Non-Vic H&A crowds in Melbourne)
  1. Rd 1 2024 = Collingwood vs Sydney (78,933)
  2. Rd 8 2023 = Collingwood vs Sydney (71,463)
  3. Rd 15 2023 = Collingwood vs Adelaide (65,930)
  4. Rd 9 2013 = Collingwood vs Sydney (65,306)
  5. Rd 21 2007 = Collingwood vs Sydney (63,842)
  6. Rd 13 2012 = Collingwood vs West Coast (62,957)
  7. Rd 19 2003 = Collingwood vs Brisbane Lions (61,868)
  8. Rd 18 2023 = Collingwood vs Fremantle (61,157)
  9. Rd 3 2019 = Collingwood vs West Coast (60,878)
  10. Rd 2 2023 = Collingwood vs Port Adelaide (60,744)
That surprises me as it didn't look that big and there were quite a few Swans fans there.

I missed the unfurling as I got there even later that normal due to road works.

WWDD?

What would Domus do? Imprint it on a wristband. Words to live your life by.

The bloke who's told us that he walks around the streets because he's often too anxious to watch the game on TV now sees fit to tell people to suffer in their seats.

Eagerly awaiting the next pronouncement from the Mount.

I don't care how badly we are playing or how far behind we are- it's bloody pathetic to see Collingwood supporters streaming out of the ground five minutes into the last quarter. We won a flag two game ago and the army was all over the boys and lapping up the glory. Now, after a couple of bad losses they spit the dummy and sook off. It makes me sick. It will be interesting to see how low our crowds get if this form slump continues.

How about showing some loyalty and support when things are going badly as you are supposed to do when you claim to love your team?
We won a flag two game ago? Holy shit our skill errors and mistakes has affected our forum members too.

Negative energy is contagious. Boy oh boy wow wee.

I never leave early. A few mins wont hurt one way or another. Even if we are getting belted by 100 points. As I said to mum last night, you are there to support them, win, lose or draw.
But thats just me, i'll clap them off in a poor loss, as as I believe in supporting the team, even in the low times.
I'm glad to hear it, Jen.

A lot of posters making all kinds of excuses for what I see as nothing more than a dummy spit because their team is losing. "Oh, I have to work in the morning" or "I might not get a seat on the train"......None of these reasons for leaving early would apply if we were winning.

How can you claim to be a "supporter" of any description if the moment your team is struggling. you walk out of the stadium?

We constantly mock the Demon fans for not turning up and pride ourselves on being the 19th man or 24 th man. We are the Mighty Magpie Army.....until the enemy is at the gates and things get a little too hot for comfort.

Loyalty is all about standing by your team (or mate) when the proverbial hits the fan. Anyone can be loyal when things are fun and all is well with the world. That's easy-just ask any Tiger fan.

I was embarrassed watching the streams of Collingwood supporters walking out on our boys long before the final siren. One poster wrote something like " if the players are noticing the fans walking out they can't be very foused on the game."

What a load of tripe. They constantly tell us how every roar and chant inspires them during the game and the packed stands makes them the envy of other teams. So, if they notice our presence, you can be sure they notice our absence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWDD?

What would Domus do? Imprint it on a wristband. Words to live your life by.

The bloke who's told us that he walks around the streets because he's often too anxious to watch the game on TV now sees fit to tell people to suffer in their seats.

Eagerly awaiting the next pronouncement from the Mount.

I believe the WWDD response to a loss is post a nonsensical thread blaming the “less loyal” supporters.

I am aware of members of the Coventry and McHale families who left early last night. Some of them elderly. Ashamed I didn’t personally abuse them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot of posters making all kinds of excuses for what I see as nothing more than a dummy spit because their team is losing. "Oh, I have to work in the morning" or "I might not get a seat on the train"......None of these reasons for leaving early would apply if we were winning.

How can you claim to be a "supporter" of any description if the moment your team is struggling. you walk out of the stadium?

We constantly mock the Demon fans for not turning up and pride ourselves on being the 19th man or 24 th man. We are the Mighty Magpie Army.....until the enemy is at the gates and things get a little too hot for comfort.

Loyalty is all about standing by your team (or mate) when the proverbial hits the fan. Anyone can be loyal when things are fun and all is well with the world. That's easy-just ask any Tiger fan.

I was embarrassed watching the streams of Collingwood supporters walking out on our boys long before the final siren. One poster wrote something like " if the players are noticing the fans walking out they can't be very foused on the game."

What a load of tripe. They constantly tell us how every roar and chant inspires them during the game and the packed stands makes them the envy of other teams. So, if they notice our presence, you can be sure they notice our absence.
I've read some Codswallop in my time..

Do you think players would be sad if they knew you didn’t have the stomach to watch interstate games live?

What's embarrassing is a Collingwood supporter having Barassi as an avatar. The guy passionately hated Collingwood.

I believe the WWDD response to a loss is post a nonsensical thread blaming the “less loyal” supporters.

I am aware of members of the Coventry and McHale families who left early last night. Some of them elderly. Ashamed I didn’t personally abuse them.

Where did I say I blamed our loss on the early exodus?

They’re highly paid professionals. Not a charity case. I’m sure they’ll bounce back if a few people leave before the siren. What are we becoming if we cry so hard about things like this?
Who is crying? And why has Fly made our crowd support and taking us on the journey his mantra if the supporters' passion and involvement is meaningless?

I don't care how badly we are playing or how far behind we are- it's bloody pathetic to see Collingwood supporters streaming out of the ground five minutes into the last quarter. We won a flag two game ago and the army was all over the boys and lapping up the glory. Now, after a couple of bad losses they spit the dummy and sook off. It makes me sick. It will be interesting to see how low our crowds get if this form slump continues.

How about showing some loyalty and support when things are going badly as you are supposed to do when you claim to love your team?
YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!! Get a life and get lost!!! You’re in no position to be telling anyone what to do!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaving Early

Remove this Banner Ad

Back