CarnTheTiges

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2009
On a computer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea!
IMO Lecras was the person who deserved the Pocket.
Even though his team had a hard he LeCras stepped up.
And yet when it comes time he is over-shadowed by 'Neon Leon'.
Another thing Mitch Clark Deserved it over a few people there.

My Changes

Enright Scarlett Maxwell
Goodwin Lake Goddard
Montangna Hayes Selwood
Clark Riewoldt Swan
Lecras Fevola Brown
Sandilands Ablett Judd

Goodes
Boyd
Chapman
Dal Santo
In Out
LeCras Bolton
Clark Davis

Bold=New Player
Italic=Moved Player

Whilst I agree, I think this could have been said in one of the many other threads! ;)
It wouldn't have been noticed in other threads.
How the hell Leon Davis got in that side at all let alone before Le Cras is an absolute joke.
Le Cras should be feeling absolutely violated this morning.
Fifty eight goals in a shit team from a pocket and couldn't even crack a spot on the bench?:eek:
Absolutely disgusting and the whole process should be looked at changing.:thumbsdown:

Fifty eight goals in a shit team from a pocket and couldn't even crack a spot on the bench?:eek:
Absolutely disgusting and the whole process should be looked at changing.:thumbsdown:

He must have been very close to selection, but I guess it's like full forwards -you are either selected in the starting 18 or you miss out. You just can't have a crumbing forward on interchange.

But be wary of bagging Leon too hard. He was very, very good this year and would also have been unlucky.

Was definitely robbed. They've had some bad decisions in the past as well with forward pockets. I think robertson missed out as well as phil matera when having standout years.

Robbo kicked 72 goals in 05 not even good enough for the bench. For memory Brad Johnson was captain last year with same amount of goals (stand to be corrected) could you imganie the outcry if was not even selected.

Gilbert > Maxwell also.

LeCras was definitely robbed.

Robbo kicked 72 goals in 05 not even good enough for the bench. For memory Brad Johnson was captain last year with same amount of goals (stand to be corrected) could you imganie the outcry if was not even selected.

Gilbert > Maxwell also.

LeCras was definitely robbed.

Robbo didn't even win your B&F that year either did he?

That was even though he won at least 3 games I watched off his own boot, including your first win at Geelong in 20 years.

If the All-Aus team is the farce that people claim it to be then why do people even give a crap.

Contentious decisions are made every single year when the team is announced. Move on.

We know LeCras was the better player all year thats all i care about. They get it wrong every year, it's because davis does these little magic goals every now and then that catches there eye.

We know LeCras was the better player all year thats all i care about. They get it wrong every year, it's because davis does these little magic goals every now and then that catches there eye.

a rarity from me....

Le Cras >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Davis

I ask the question who would you rather week in and week out :rolleyes:

If the All-Aus team is the farce that people claim it to be then why do people even give a crap.

Contentious decisions are made every single year when the team is announced. Move on.

Because it shouldn't be a farce.

LeCras or Porplyzia should've been in the pocket, without any doubt.

That's not to denigrate Davis (or, even though it comes across as I am in other threads, Maxwell), he's a very good player whose had a good year; but those two have had better ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

davis, as good as he is to watch, is only a good player in a team that is flying.

lecras has dominated in a poor side, up forward no less!

take a look a davis' pitiful efforts in the finals. downhill skiied his way to AA selection. shame on you AFL.

bring on the european soccer season :thumbsu:

davis, as good as he is to watch, is only a good player in a team that is flying.

lecras has dominated in a poor side, up forward no less!

take a look a davis' pitiful efforts in the finals. downhill skiied his way to AA selection. shame on you AFL.

bring on the european soccer season :thumbsu:

What don't you understand about finals performances having no bearing on AA selection?

LeCras was no doubt deserving of a position, but it was the selection of Dane Swan as a forward that lead to this not happening, not Davis' inclusion.

Leon was sublime for the first 15-16 rounds of the year and deserves a gig.

What don't you understand about finals performances having no bearing on AA selection?

LeCras was no doubt deserving of a position, but it was the selection of Dane Swan as a forward that lead to this not happening, not Davis' inclusion.

Pfffffffffttttt, he was "sublime" for 2/3 of the season? LeCras was brilliant for the whole season. And he actually played forward. Unlike Davis....

No problem with Leon in a pocket. J Brown should not of been named!!

LeCras should be in the other pocket. Not J Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J Brown plays at CHF so why does he get a gig in a pocket ???

If Lecras was picked in the team and Davis missed out, would anyone (bar one-eyed Collingwood fans) care?

I think the fact that everyone seems to be saying the same thing about Lecras being overlooked says alot.

Equally crap decision. Clearly he is in the top 5 midfielders for 2009.

Because it shouldn't be a farce.

LeCras or Porplyzia should've been in the pocket, without any doubt.

That's not to denigrate Davis (or, even though it comes across as I am in other threads, Maxwell), he's a very good player whose had a good year; but those two have had better ones.

The point that has been lost in all of this. Noone is saying Davis isn't a great player or that he hasn't had a good season. It's just that there were others i.e. LeCras or Porplyzia that have had better ones.

I don't think so, he was the guy the Eagles used as a small FF, while he had a great year, he kicked a lot of goals largely because he was the primary target with Q-tip going into the ruck.

If he was kicking the goals as a genuine forward pocket who got stuff all delivery then he would be a shoe-in.

A full forward who is even remotely reasonable should be kicking 2 goals a game just due to the sheer number of inside 50s being directed at them.

So he was effectively competing against the other FFs and there were better ones going around.

Sure is. LeCras had a fantastic season in a stuggling side. What a joke.

I love Davis, but iv got to agree.... Le Cras shouldve had the pocket IMO... Davis is a gun, and if anywhere couldve made the interchange... Gilbert missing out, well..... id swap him for Bolton, i recon after all maxwell has copped, youve gotta respect the fact that he's come out and lead the pies with heart and his game/skill has changed dramatically and i think he is worthy of his selection :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

LeCras:Most Deserving player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back