Ledger, Staley and Lever delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Get it right was a 4th rounder, at least TDL get's another year..
Showed a lot this year TDL, with his tackling being a feature & courage leaving me staggered he didn't get more games..:confused:

Listen pal... if anyone's going to do the sarcastic thing around here, it's going to be me. Get off my turf. This board isn't big enough for the both of us.

TDL will be a gun, and I look forward to personally feeding you humble pie next year. ;)

Who does that leave with a undetermined future in 2014?

Hickey, Siposs, Steven, Jones, McEvoy, Ross, Hayes, Lee, Markworth, Montagna, Riewoldt, Schneider, Geary, Newnes, Roberton, White, Gilbert, Armitage, Saad, Ray, Dempster, Fisher, Dal Santo, Stanley, Webster, Murdoch, Simpkin, Milera, Gwilt, Wright, Saunders, Maister, Pierce & Curren all signed for next year. We could choose to trade some of those out.

Milne, Kosi, Blake, Ledger, Lever & Staley gone.

That leaves Minchington, Ferguson, Dennis-Lane, Dunell & Shenton with decisions to be made out them. Considering eight was the number mentioned to be out the door this year by Pelchen in member's week, then I'd be nervous if I was TDL, Dunell and Shenton. I'm also swayed by the talk about Ferguson already being in the gym, and Minchington will stay. With TDL and Dunell on the senior list, I think they're in the most trouble, as seven spots open in the senior list would allow for Minchington to be promoted as well as Curren, leaving five draft picks live. Then we can fill one of those spots with Josh Bruce. In a shallow draft four picks in the national draft would be plenty, and we could add two-three rookies.

Who does that leave with a undetermined future in 2014?

Hickey, Siposs, Steven, Jones, McEvoy, Ross, Hayes, Lee, Markworth, Montagna, Riewoldt, Schneider, Geary, Newnes, Roberton, White, Gilbert, Armitage, Saad, Ray, Dempster, Fisher, Dal Santo, Stanley, Webster, Murdoch, Simpkin, Milera, Gwilt, Wright, Saunders, Maister, Pierce & Curren all signed for next year. We could choose to trade some of those out.

Milne, Kosi, Blake, Ledger, Lever & Staley gone.

That leaves Minchington, Ferguson, Dennis-Lane, Dunell & Shenton with decisions to be made out them. Considering eight was the number mentioned to be out the door this year by Pelchen in member's week, then I'd be nervous if I was TDL, Dunell and Shenton. I'm also swayed by the talk about Ferguson already being in the gym, and Minchington will stay. With TDL and Dunell on the senior list, I think they're in the most trouble, as seven spots open in the senior list would allow for Minchington to be promoted as well as Curren, leaving five draft picks live. Then we can fill one of those spots with Josh Bruce. In a shallow draft four picks in the national draft would be plenty, and we could add two-three rookies.
My head hurts :confused:

I havnt been to any Sandy games this year , but from most reports ive read( both official match reports and supporter post) about the Sandy games Ledger has been constantly good.
I know theres a huge step up from VFL to AFL but you can only do your best and play good.
Didnt Ledger do this?? As Stanley_Knifes said he did a very good job against the Freo 2nd stringers as well. So when finally given his chance this yr he didnt make an arse of himself, he did OK.
Every club needs as much midfield depth and rotations as they can get nowdays. Wouldnt Ledger be more important to team structure than T.D.L?? No offence to TDL as im sure hes a top bloke , but IMO we need more mid rotations than small forwards??
Even Clint Jones? He has been a very good servant for us but he wont be around in a few yrs when we are hopefully on the rise again. So id have rather Ledger on the list and get a younger player doing Clints role.
I know we cant get rid of too many older players co's we still need leaders, but i wouldve rather sacrificed somebody else to keep Ledger on list.

I'm also swayed by the talk about Ferguson already being in the gym
I can't help but wonder whether this gym program and Lever's delisting are linked, and Ferg has been told to get in he gym and catch a case of the Tommy Currens with a view to being a depth (genuine) modern KPD with a view to the future.

We have a surfeit of HBFers, so he'd be struggling to get a gig there, and while he's listed at 194cm, which is not massive in the modern game, we know that the heights and weights on the web are at best a guide and he may have grown to more like 195/196cm - he certainly looks tall. Seeing as he's only 89kgs, maybe they want him more around the 94/95kg mark, which would make him the same size as Josh Bruce. With his mobility, at the size I reckon he'd make a superb CHB.

I thought your mob liked Ledger? Claremont boy so maybe the Eagles should give him a crack.
If you want another sub-180cm mid with questionable kicking skills, he's all yours. Certainly can't fault his endeavour when attacking...

I havnt been to any Sandy games this year , but from most reports ive read( both official match reports and supporter post) about the Sandy games Ledger has been constantly good.
I know theres a huge step up from VFL to AFL but you can only do your best and play good.
Didnt Ledger do this?? As Stanley_Knifes said he did a very good job against the Freo 2nd stringers as well. So when finally given his chance this yr he didnt make an arse of himself, he did OK.
Every club needs as much midfield depth and rotations as they can get nowdays. Wouldnt Ledger be more important to team structure than T.D.L?? No offence to TDL as im sure hes a top bloke , but IMO we need more mid rotations than small forwards??
Even Clint Jones? He has been a very good servant for us but he wont be around in a few yrs when we are hopefully on the rise again. So id have rather Ledger on the list and get a younger player doing Clints role.
I know we cant get rid of too many older players co's we still need leaders, but i wouldve rather sacrificed somebody else to keep Ledger on list.

Agree, Ledger seemed like the type of player we needed in the midfield, especially with the likes of Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna and Jones not likely to be around much longer.

Hard to understand why he'd be delisted when was playing well in the VFL and looked OK in the few opportunities he got at AFL level.

Don't understand this. I have only seen him play at the Saints but it seems likely to me he will get picked up by another club and may well thrive when given the opportunity.

Not hugely disappointed but still mystifying how a 21 y.o. can dominate at VFL level and still not be worth a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence people's frustrations with people running with scuttlebutt. Regardless of what has transpired previously, the club should be seen in a good light in this instance.
These so called journalist can say what ever they feel like saying and are accountable to no-one

These so called journalist can say what ever they feel like saying and are accountable to no-one

Still waiting for the apology on the schoolgirl misreporting which cost us a massive amount of sponsorship money. We should have sued their balls off. Unfortunately we had alot of other noise at the time and just wanted it to go away.

Brett Anderson from Inside footy suggested we've cooled on the idea of Luke Delaney..
It was only a few weeks ago, we "offered him a 3 yr deal"..o_O
don't think thats right either.

i think noone should be listening to SEN at the moment, they are just a rabvble and spreading bad rumours.

It appears that Ledger realized his opportunities were going to be limited, either through lack of skill or the coaching staffs personal preference compared to the younger kids on offer, and chose to leave.

In my mind, this displays a monumental case of sour grapes, and is akin to the "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude.

Don't want him, don't need him.

It appears that Ledger realized his opportunities were going to be limited, either through lack of skill or the coaching staffs personal preference compared to the younger kids on offer, and chose to leave.

In my mind, this displays a monumental case of sour grapes, and is akin to the "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude.

Don't want him, don't need him.

what the ****? It's sour grapes to leave a club that you're not getting a game at? If he's being a sook and going home, why has he said he's happy to play at another Vic club? The whole thing sounds pretty honest and professional on both sides.

what the ****? It's sour grapes to leave a club that you're not getting a game at? If he's being a sook and going home, why has he said he's happy to play at another Vic club? The whole thing sounds pretty honest and professional on both sides.
He was told in his discussion with Watters that if he thought he could improve, he would get games, but it was only 50/50 at the stage he was at.

So he COULD have gotten games if he had applied himself and improved his skills, but instead chose to crack the sads and walk away. Yes, that is sour grapes. I also didn't meant "going home" to mean to WA specifically, the saying actually is "I'm taking my ball and going home".

At the stage we are in, we need young players willing to work their butts off to pull us up the ladder, not snotty little brats who want to coast by on abiiity.

Ball left because of that. I don't mind if a player thinks they need a change because the club sees their output very differently to how they see it. I just disliked the manner of Ball's actions (or more particularly Paul Connors) after he decided he wanted out. In this instance, Ledge and the Saints have just agreed to disagree - and the club has acted fairly (with the departure).

Remove this Banner Ad

Ledger, Staley and Lever delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back