Legends/Club 5 Members - 2018 GF seat category

What category seat were you given for the 2018 Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was complaining about my AFL Gold membership earlier in the year but listening to all the stories in this thread and a couple people I know you Legends members seriously got screwed.

Disgraceful you can pay $800 a year then $360 for ticket on the top deck without any choice.

Ohhh $180 for prelim tickets like wtf.
What’s become apparent over the last 2 weeks is that premium members (both AFL or CFC legends) are not guaranteed access in weeks 1-3 of big finals and what you pay doesn’t correlate with the type of seat you’ll get at the grand final (despite it being guaranteed in this case). An absolute indictment. I was looking at abandoning my AFL and becoming a legends member but I’ll be worse off financially and in the same position of no guarantee to get tickets GF aside.

I think it is disgusting that Legends and Club 5 Members can get rubbish tickets.
If you pay that much, you should be receiving the best available.
Instead, the corporates get the best seats and they don't even care about the game.
I am an AFL Member because I know that I will get seats on the wing.
Got 5 seats in M23 GG - under cover - whole family and only paid $850.
It is unfair that lower tier club members can potentially get better seats than Legends and club 5 Member.
The only real advantage is being guaranteed a seat.

Last edited:
If you pay that much, you should be receiving the best available.
I'll preface my post with I'm not wishing to diminish your opinion.
Best available really is subjective.
My ideal is level 4, others like level 1 front row.
That makes it difficult however, extremities in seating positions are no, no.

I'll preface my post with I'm not wishing to diminish your opinion.
Best available really is subjective.
My ideal is level 4, others like level 1 front row.
That makes it difficult however, extremities in seating positions are no, no.

I agree that everyone has different preferences.
I like N19 which is on the wing.
My wife and kids want to sit next to the fence, I don't.
I don't have a problem with Q either as long as it is not right up the top.

Be happy we are in a GF and you are going to the game, because after rd1 it looked like we wouldn’t even be finishing north of 12th for the foreseeable future.

The membership guarantees you a ticket, it doesn’t guarantee you a ticket on centre wing in the row of your preference.

Reality is any half decent seat in the stadium is going to be taken up by a corporate or package patron. If you paid $1000 for a ticket and lunch you’d expect a good seat.

Be happy we are in a GF and you are going to the game, because after rd1 it looked like we wouldn’t even be finishing north of 12th for the foreseeable future.

The membership guarantees you a ticket, it doesn’t guarantee you a ticket on centre wing in the row of your preference.

Reality is any half decent seat in the stadium is going to be taken up by a corporate or package patron. If you paid $1000 for a ticket and lunch you’d expect a good seat.

That's not really the point

I'm on level 2A row D which is right on the wing that's with an AFL membership which are cheaper and the GF ticket cost $196 compared to some people who are paying $360 for dog shit seats with expensive club support memberships.

Legends members have reserve seats why wouldn't they get those same seats on the day?

Anyway happy I'm going that's all I will be saying on this topic

Remove this Banner Ad

Legends/Club 5 Members - 2018 GF seat category

Back