Leighst We Forget

Remove this Banner Ad

[YOUTUBE]M06jnIWC3oo[/YOUTUBE]

This season highlight doesn't appear to feature in any of the DVD box sets, but it should help fire you up in anticipation of the 2011 campaign. :thumbsu:

Aah, but what about his intimidation of Johnathan Brown? A sight for sore eyes and then some. I hope Leigh Brown gets another shot at a GF because he seemed to be a bit down on both occasions this year. Useful moments at best, but still, I love the guy. Journeyman indeed!

Leigh Brown off in the GF??? He was one of seven or eight players who got votes in the Norm Smith Medal

I may be wrong, but thought that was N. Brown who got the odd vote for Norm Smith??

Anyway, Leroy did some good stuff in both GFs, got the first kick forward in GF2 that landed in Cloke's lap, only to be taken off him.

Also Leroy's efforts allowed the luxury of Jolly resting forward, where he engineered two goals after Gilberts misses, which were pivotal.

I may be wrong, but thought that was N. Brown who got the odd vote for Norm Smith??

Anyway, Leroy did some good stuff in both GFs, got the first kick forward in GF2 that landed in Cloke's lap, only to be taken off him.

Also Leroy's efforts allowed the luxury of Jolly resting forward, where he engineered two goals after Gilberts misses, which were pivotal.

Yeah, that was N Brown. Frawley gave him two votes.

It was actually Pendles' right foot kick that fell in Cloke's lap (and was subsequently taken from him).

Also, I think two "engineered" goals from Jolly (one he kicked from a set shot from a pass from Sidebottom, the other he passed to Macaffer after the Peake shank) were both from when he was in the ruck, rather than forward...

L Brown gave away a lot of free kicks, but his presence was still pretty good. I would rate his game as average for him.

Yeah, that was N Brown. Frawley gave him two votes.

It was actually Pendles' right foot kick that fell in Cloke's lap (and was subsequently taken from him).

Also, I think two "engineered" goals from Jolly (one he kicked from a set shot from a pass from Sidebottom, the other he passed to Macaffer after the Peake shank) were both from when he was in the ruck, rather than forward...

L Brown gave away a lot of free kicks, but his presence was still pretty good. I would rate his game as average for him.

Yep you're right re Pendles getting the ball to Cloke, Leroy I think actually cleared the ball from the centre that then got to Pendles and Cloke. Sorry should have been more clear.

It was a crock that the ball was taken off Cloke, seemed very soft, but I guess the umps were making it clear early, no dirty stuff, which was good I suppose.

I'm very impressed that you were able to know Jolly was on the ball, rather than being forward, which is how it appeared to me, you are clearly a very astute observer Jelly Bean, good work!

A few of the frees against Leigh were for in the back, and were complete bullshit. Just ask Ed and/or Leon Davis.

Yep you're right re Pendles getting the ball to Cloke, Leroy I think actually cleared the ball from the centre that then got to Pendles and Cloke. Sorry should have been more clear.

It was a crock that the ball was taken off Cloke, seemed very soft, but I guess the umps were making it clear early, no dirty stuff, which was good I suppose.

I'm very impressed that you were able to know Jolly was on the ball, rather than being forward, which is how it appeared to me, you are clearly a very astute observer Jelly Bean, good work!

Not having a go Swooop, but if these are the two that you were referring to, I suggest he was on the ball.

The shanked Peake kick was going to McEvoy (saints ruckman) and bounced over his head to his direct Pies opponent (Jolly). Logic suggests that he was playing in the ruck at the time and sticking with his opponent.

The second one (when Sidebottom passed to him) was referenced in the Souvenier book, that he took the prior centre clearance, followed the ball down, got in front of it, and got onto the end of the Sidebottom pass. He was in the ruck at the time but just following the ball down (according to the booklet).

It probably was a crock that the Cloke kick was taken from him by a free against Swan (although I struggled to get a clear view of it on the replay so can't comment), but it is ludicrous that players even risk it by being stupid, and I don't know why opposition players don't try to tempt their opponents into giving them one high when the ball is in the hands of the opposition forwards that close to goal anyway...

Not having a go Swooop, but if these are the two that you were referring to, I suggest he was on the ball.

The shanked Peake kick was going to McEvoy (saints ruckman) and bounced over his head to his direct Pies opponent (Jolly). Logic suggests that he was playing in the ruck at the time and sticking with his opponent.

The second one (when Sidebottom passed to him) was referenced in the Souvenier book, that he took the prior centre clearance, followed the ball down, got in front of it, and got onto the end of the Sidebottom pass. He was in the ruck at the time but just following the ball down (according to the booklet).

Accept that JB, I was agreeing you were correct :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Leighst We Forget

Remove this Banner Ad

Back