Leo Barry gets off - oh, that's right (he's a SWAN) ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

fairdinkum

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Road to nowhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Leo Barry report for striking Bulldog Shaun Higgins was also thrown out as the panel determined that Higgins had handballed the ball as Barry swung his arm towards the player in an attempt to intercept the ball.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24347559-19742,00.html

So as long as the player you are attacking handballs the ball, you are allowed to whack him on the chin (late) so long as you are 'trying to intercept the ball'?

We have seen blokes get a week off for the girliest little love-taps that wouldn't hurt an u14's mummy's boy, and yet this late, full-blooded whack doesn't even cop a reprimand?

Another one for the Protected Swans file...

Glad to see Leo Barry got the green light on this soft-touch report.

Bring back the BIFF but just not Barry Hall's "STAKER BIFF"......ouch:)

Well I think this is only going to hurt Sydney's chances of winning in round 1 2009, because Leo is a liability to their team and suspending him would help their chances of winning.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24347559-19742,00.html

So as long as the player you are attacking handballs the ball, you are allowed to whack him on the chin (late) so long as you are 'trying to intercept the ball'?

We have seen blokes get a week off for the girliest little love-taps that wouldn't hurt an u14's mummy's boy, and yet this late, full-blooded whack doesn't even cop a reprimand?

Another one for the Protected Swans file...
Has it actually occurred to you that everyone has "got off" during the final series so far. It's become alot more lenient during the finals. You've thought in simple terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROK copped one pretty similar in the game, he didnt even take a dive or carry one with it, wasnt even rewarded with a 50.

The bulldogs player wasnt reported and the game carried on.

Thats how i like my Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Leo Barry gets off - oh, that's right (he's a SWAN) ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back