News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont think it has to be players best 22, but I do think there is a games quota, HH has had a good year. But looking at that list of forwards, he would have struggled to be included.
I thought it interesting that Giants & Saints only have 1. Blues only have 1 as well 🤭

Bombers & Tigers with none.

Dont think it has to be players best 22, but I do think there is a games quota, HH has had a good year. But looking at that list of forwards, he would have struggled to be included.
Yes, 12 games minimum: https://www.aflplayers.com.au/news-feed/stories/hop-on-22under22-stacked-with-joeys
1723099583808.png
1723100658249.png

N. Daicos and Harrison (12 games) were the only Collingwood players eligible for selection, and it seems fair enough that only Nick made it. Georgiades (Port) turns 23 on Grand Final day, so that just rules him out. Luke Jackson turns 23 the next day, and barely sneaks in (he's made the team for the last 3 years)! Owens (St Kilda) not making it is quite surprising.

Yes, 12 games minimum: https://www.aflplayers.com.au/news-feed/stories/hop-on-22under22-stacked-with-joeys
View attachment 2072211
View attachment 2072226

N. Daicos and Harrison (12 games) were the only Collingwood players eligible for selection, and it seems fair enough that only Nick made it. Georgiades from Port turns 23 on Grand Final day, so that must rule him out. Luke Jackson turns 23 the next day, and just sneaks in (he's made the team for the last 3 years)! Owens (St Kilda) not making it is quite surprising.

And looking at that list of forwards. If you miss out on a nomination it’s because the list is very good. Lots of quality there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear if we lost Leppa because he just wanted to be an assistant and not take on all of Wright’s extra bullshit I’ll be f**king pissed

I swear if we lost Leppa because he just wanted to be an assistant and not take on all of Wright’s extra bullshit I’ll be f**king pissed
He clearly doesn’t just want to be an assistant coach. Stop making things up.

If he just wanted to be an assistant he wouldn’t have shown interest in the Bulldogs job. Which he ultimately turned down because we offered something beyond being an assistant.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bolton is on the way out then it's pretty disappointing if Wright isn't prepared to slip back into the GM of football role.

I feel the club was happy to foster the narrative among supporters that Wright would return after his 6 month holiday and we were prepared to accept this absence if it meant retaining his services.

It seems right now that the actual narrative is very different and the club knew all along that he was unlikely to return as GM of football.

If Wrights reluctance to return is because of a personality clash with Kelly that some have alluded to before then I know which one of the two I'd prefer to keep.

This very much reminds me of the public sector.

Are people putting more time into getting their next role as opposed to doing their current role?

If Bolton is on the way out then it's pretty disappointing if Wright isn't prepared to slip back into the GM of football role.

I feel the club was happy to foster the narrative among supporters that Wright would return after his 6 month holiday and we were prepared to accept this absence if it meant retaining his services.

It seems right now that the actual narrative is very different and the club knew all along that he was unlikely to return as GM of football.

If Wrights reluctance to return is because of a personality clash with Kelly that some have alluded to before then I know which one of the two I'd prefer to keep.
Yep me too.

My take is that getting in Bolton and Leppa as assistants was fantastic, but if we had any success with them we weren't going to be able to keep them as assistant coaches for long - they're resumes are too good and got better with our flag.

Shows how bad our last Pre-Season was

Surely the media are still talking about. The north Melbourne missed 50m penalty got 4 days of outrage in the media!

It was nowhere near as bad as the howler the umpires made in Adelaide’s last game last year, and everyone moved on from that.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back