Toast Round 24 = Melbourne 57-103 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

So there's no acknowledgement of the potentially dangerous act of Moore taking out Pickett's legs due to his deliberate decision to go to ground at the last moment and slide into the ball? It would be entirely reasonable to think that a player would keep their feet and not take the legs out from under an opponent in that situation, the sliding rule is in place to cut out that exact type of action from players after all. If Pickett comes out of that contact with a bad ankle injury or an ACL and is out an extended period does that change anything?

I know we've got blinkers on this one for obvious reasons, but I don't think it's as cut and dried as most on here would think after having watched it again multiple times - Moore definitely contributed to the contact significantly in a way Pickett couldn't have anticipated or most likely avoided in the time he had to do so when it looked like a regular bit of body contact in the process of pushing the ball towards the boundary line coming in.

Where the MRO / tribunal end up on this is anybody's guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pickett does get off.

Pickett chose to bump so there's no alternate argument.

Ok just to be clear look at these three screen caps inside of one second apart.

Feel free to tell me that looks like something else and that there isn't an argument that Pickett was reasonably bracing for contact with eyes on the ball, after which his legs were taken out from under him by Moore's decision to slide.

View attachment 2089330

View attachment 2089331

View attachment 2089335

You're genuinely clutching at straws. Have a look at the front on vision. Pickett takes his eye off the footy and elects to bump Moore. Combine that with Pickett's dog act history and he can extend his pre season by an extra month.

Seeing it was a cold night (reminiscent of snow....), wondering why there weren't more Dees 👹 supporters there last night. Maybe if the caterers added gluhwein to their menu that would help - what about a gluhwein van?

saved by the bell pft GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett offered 3 match ban.

The footy commentators at last night’s game have NFI.
Soft. Surprised the AFL didn’t take this one to the tribunal seeking 4-5 weeks as they’ve done with most bumps that cause concussion this year.

Hodge is just a flat out idiot
The immediate victim blaming he came out with was gross. Even the other commentators were squirming while he was sitting there blaming Moore for the impact, you could hear it in their voices.

With how disinterested Melbourne were the opportunity was there
If we’d kicked a bit straighter we would have been a genuine shot at a 100+ margin. So many easy missed shots.

Their immediate need to dismiss the hit was driven by their heartfelt , deeply embedded dislike of anything Cwood

I disagree.

The panel of 4 who unanimously thought there was nothing in it included Buckley, and you can’t reasonably say he has a dislike of Collingwood.

IMO it was more driven by a yearning for the good ol’ days when they all played. And the game was more physical. And MRO sanction guidelines weren’t written by lawyers trying to mitigate risks of litigation.

I disagree.

The panel of 4 who unanimously thought there was nothing in it included Buckley, and you can’t reasonably say he has a dislike of Collingwood.

IMO it was more driven by a yearning for the good ol’ days when they all played. And the game was more physical. And MRO sanction guidelines weren’t written by lawyers trying to mitigate risks of litigation.
I assumed the panel made those comments during Fox’s halftime analysis. If so, Moore wasn’t yet subbed, which shifts the grading up.

I assumed the panel made those comments during Fox’s halftime analysis. If so, Moore wasn’t yet subbed, which shifts the grading up.

It was made during the lightning break when they were scratching around for things to talk about. (Moore had been subbed with concussion by then)

It was made during the lightning break when they were scratching around for things to talk about. (Moore had been subbed with concussion by then)
That’s slightly different then. Whether it’s a blind spot in their knowledge or not, I’d hope someone behind the scenes could take a couple of minutes to look at the grading guidelines.

I disagree.

They all thought Moore was fine and not concussed, nothing more. No conspiracies, no yearning for the days of yore.

If they’d known Moore wouldn’t come back on after half time and was in protocols they’d have assessed differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 24 = Melbourne 57-103 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back