Les Abbott - Is he remembered as a Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Melbourne, South Melbourne or even a North Melbourne player?

Remove this Banner Ad

The question has to be asked. Officially 5 AFL clubs but he played for North in the VFA, too. Opinions?
Brunswick - but who remembers him?

1 year at Port Melbourne 2 games

1 year at Collingwood 1 game

1 year at Carlton 1 game

5 years at Brunswick 22 games

2 years at Richmond 31 games

1 year at Melbourne 3 games

1 year at South Melbourne 2 games

1 year at North Melbourne 2 games

0 goals

Saved everybody a trip to Wikipedia

Last edited:

I'm so glad you asked this question OP. It's been vexing me for ages and whenever I ask people these important questions, I just get funny looks (I assume because the question is just so hard to answer).

Could you please add a poll so we can get a definitive answer so I can get some sleep again?

Who?

Doubt most posters remember him all...

What?

Yep I was around at the time. He was a bit of a dud and had a head like a boarding house pudding. I guess that is why I still see him as a classical Carlton full back. Word has it he was close to pipping SOS as Blues FB in their team of the century.

What?

Yep I was around at the time. He was a bit of a dud and had a head like a boarding house pudding. I guess that is why I still see him as a classical Carlton full back. Word has it he was close to pipping SOS as Blues FB in their team of the century.
That answers the question then, he should be remembered as a Blue, would've been a great one game as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Les Abbott - Is he remembered as a Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Melbourne, South Melbourne or even a North Melbourne player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back