Lets talk Corona, how does the club survive this, including players fans etc...!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Big problem of creating an online membership base and providing digital content etc for that is that clubs are pretty hamstrung by stupid AFL media rights (Rupert and his Fox/Telstra boiz) are they not? There's heaps of content that the club could produce and generate revenue from especially in this day and age - heaps of international sports clubs etc do it. But they have more control over their image and media/websites etc.

freeze membership money and have everyone continue there membership into next year, the money from that will at least keep the club around
I suspect a fair few members will just donate their membership for the year anyway, so that's missing a chance at free $$. Club can (and will I suspect) expand online member-only initiatives as thanks and incentives. I can see for instance in-match interviews by and with players as they come on / off the bench.

The strong will survive , depending how long the lockout endures will determine how the AFL will shape up from 2021. Those that are the least self sufficient are in most danger and may very well be cut adrift unless private ownership was entertained ,,a possibility. Let’s hope we can ride through this and our great game comes out the other side

The strong will survive , depending how long the lockout endures will determine how the AFL will shape up from 2021. Those that are the least self sufficient are in most danger and may very well be cut adrift unless private ownership was entertained ,,a possibility. Let’s hope we can ride through this and our great game comes out the other side

i posted this in another thread, we look strong enough to survive

Regardless of how many games are played this year, hope none of you campaigners ask club for some sort of refund.
Think of the money we save on grand final tickets, but knowing the AFL they will make it pay per view

i posted this in another thread, we look strong enough to survive
Yea we re most fortunate that our recent success has created a solid foundation , as I mentioned thank **** we didn’t commit to the PRO development as it could have sent us to the wall , can almost guarantee any works will be scaled back significantly

The smart thing to do would be to have more flexbility with this season. They should be postponing it for two months and aiming to start in May or June and then run a bit into summer. I know that it would cause issues with the stadiums etc but it's better than the mess they are getting themselves into now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a rabid one eyed tiger fan who mowed lawns and washed cars whilst in primary school with my brother to donate all the money to save our skins I remember what it was like fearing the club would be no more. My mate who barracked for Fitzroy is still lost to the game! Given the choice between losing real minnow clubs who still are heart and soul like kangaroos and bulldogs as could be a reality. I’d much rather the afl abandon Aflw, Gold Coast and GWS they’re going to be even more of a massive financial burden than before. In the meantime they can help vflw and see if it develops organically over next ten years instead of this overhyped underwhelming product they’re trying to ram down our throats.

This will sound selfish.. but what really upsets me so much, we have waited so many decades for our time as the team to beat and apparently on a dynasty etc.. and then a pandemic sweeps the world and most likely there won't ever be a 2020 season . . It's all so Richmondy...

It’s a shame ... but I’m just so happy that I got to see the 2017 & 2019 flags

Unfortunately this decision was inevitable ... people’s lives are more important than football

This will sound selfish.. but what really upsets me so much, we have waited so many decades for our time as the team to beat and apparently on a dynasty etc.. and then a pandemic sweeps the world and most likely there won't ever be a 2020 season . . It's all so Richmondy...
hope they dont play another game all year cos that means our window will stay open for when the real stuff begins in 2021 and the older boys will play an extra year to make up for this one

Hopefully the players stay on the rails and focused during the hiatus.
In the grand scheme of things it’s insignificant but you’d hate for this thing to kill our momentum and unique vibe the players seem to have. Could only happen to Richmond!

Other teams thinking this has taken a year off our premiership window.

what we need is a better balance between club earnings and player payments- MOST clubs are not generating enough dollars to pay players the money they’re after. the balance needs to swing back towards the clubs so they can be stronger.

I have no problem with a AFLW being axed, it’s really a farce league (compared to other woman’s leagues) with underperforming players put on a pedestal way too early. There l said it.

this Could be the ticket the AFL needed to relocate some clubs to TASSIE or NT or ACT
but it’s going to sting everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets talk Corona, how does the club survive this, including players fans etc...!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back