Toast Letter to Bevo Via Bigfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dear Bevo

My apology to you for doubting your ability to continue as the Bulldogs coach.

I was a big supporter of yours after you lead us to the holy grail in 2016 and 2021 Grand Final after all the heart aches of being a bulldogs supporter since 1961. I had never swayed with my support until I lost faith in you after the loss to WCE in 2023 and missed playing finals as a result.

I supported you with all your mad science tactics, most of your selections and over the top attack on the media. However, I succumb to the comments that you had become a dictator, loss faith of the players from the media and Bigfooty and thought you should be moved on.

I was unsure of the how the changes around you last year helped to turn us around but I see the light and I am glad the board kept faith in you.

Now the ultimate glory awaits you to become a two times Bulldog coach the only one in history. I feel we have the team and club to do it and I apologise again for doubting you. Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson can eat humble pie.

All course this all changes if we lose to the Dees Friday night. Only kidding you can do it Bevo.

Ps Anyone else willing to write an apology

Timeline of events:

10 October 2014: Brendan McCartney sacked as Bulldogs coach
11 October 2014: Optimistic Dog joins BigFooty
13 October 2014: Tom Boyd signs with Bulldogs after seeing Optimistic Dog's BF registration
14 November 2014: Bevo signs with Bulldogs after reading Optimistic Dog's first BF post

Dear Bevo

My apology to you for doubting your ability to continue as the Bulldogs coach.

I was a big supporter of yours after you lead us to the holy grail in 2016 and 2021 Grand Final after all the heart aches of being a bulldogs supporter since 1961. I had never swayed with my support until I lost faith in you after the loss to WCE in 2023 and missed playing finals as a result.

I supported you with all your mad science tactics, most of your selections and over the top attack on the media. However, I succumb to the comments that you had become a dictator, loss faith of the players from the media and Bigfooty and thought you should be moved on.

I was unsure of the how the changes around you last year helped to turn us around but I see the light and I am glad the board kept faith in you.

Now the ultimate glory awaits you to become a two times Bulldog coach the only one in history. I feel we have the team and club to do it and I apologise again for doubting you. Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson can eat humble pie.

All course this all changes if we lose to the Dees Friday night. Only kidding you can do it Bevo.

Ps Anyone else willing to write an apology
No need to….ive stuck fat the whole way…seems I must be right about lots of things 😜

Maybe a couple of players can get one…but not quite ready to start kissing their arses just yet given that i saw one of them literally streaming into an open goal on the weekend in the goal square and went to handball it off before actually making the right call and kicking it himself

No need to….ive stuck fat the whole way…seems I must be right about lots of things 😜

Maybe a couple of players can get one…but not quite ready to start kissing their arses just yet given that i saw one of them literally streaming into an open goal on the weekend in the goal square and went to handball it off before actually making the right call and kicking it himself

I acknowledge it was mistake for McNeill to want to handball it and Rylee made the right call to wave him on. However, my take is that it was good thing and shows a team first attitude which has got us three wins against top 4 teams.

I acknowledge it was mistake for McNeill to want to handball it and Rylee made the right call to wave him on. However, my take is that it was good thing and shows a team first attitude which has got us three wins against top 4 teams.
He was running into a n open goal…literally in the square with a player between him and west. If he hand balled that and ****ed it up, i would drive down there from Qld and empty out his locker for him….there is no way he should have even considered hand-balling that…i guess when he has missed from where he has the last few weeks i’m not surprised he had doubts….FROM THE GOALSQUARE LOL 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can nail down a top 4 spot in a very even season for the competition in what has been a very inconsistent season for the dogs it will be a pretty amazing result. If we can keep rolling like we are at the moment with the safety net of a double chance, who knows, this could be a very memorable year.

After he atones for the 2021 debacle :cool:
We aren't looking like dropping the rest of our games and missing top 4 at this stage but you never know.

This apology reads like a hostage statement.

He's got a lot of mistakes to atone. Win the flag this year and I'm back on board, unless he grows that stupid moustache again and starts acting like a flog with the media.

Dear Bevo,
We need to win the next two games. My sanity is on hold at the moment. Everything is feeling a bit deja vu. My doctor has advised me not to cast my memory back beyond September last year as my heart palpitations will begin to rise and I am likely to collapse into foetal position and chant bugger eagles as I suck my thumb.
Please Bevo the right thing needs to happen this year. Reading melts on Big footy is worse than the Hiroshima atomic bomb.
Get the boys up and rearing to go I know you can do it.
PS .. Hey Bevo mate if we make the grand final can you swing a couple of seats my way.
PSS... I want some dogs games in Qld next year this is beyond a joke now.
PSSS.... Can you get a signed libba doggies jumper for me.
Thanks Bevo
That is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Letter to Bevo Via Bigfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back