Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has been asked to play at major league level since but knocked the chance back to play with his mates which he beleives is more important and beleives thats what football is all about.(mateship). was he in the right frame of mind
didnt go in because he wasnt good enough to compete at that level week in week out

didnt go in because he wasnt good enough to compete at that level week in week out
Ha Ha Ha. This whole debate has been great reading and I have finally relented and decided to post some facts that I know, for what there worth. As the current playing coach of Shane Field's current club I can only put forward my view. About 4 years ago I was part of a group that went on a recruiting drive to Maryborough to have a look a Field play in a final. Several things stood out.
- Field was hated by everyone in the crowd, who took delight and hurling abuse of all kinds at him while he quietly played footy with no verbal replies, and had several opponents hanging off him all day. I can only presume by the posts that a couple of you fellas may be from opposition clubs and still enjoy this love hate relationship.
-The members of his club however treated him like a star, and as it turned out he kicked about 5-6 in what I thought was a very good standard game.
- the standard of the league was questioned by our group, who come to the conclusion that whilst the top sides showed plenty of ability the bottom sides couldn't keep up the pace. ( this no doubt led to Field kicking some big bags )
- Field was a super kick who moved pretty well for a big bloke. I dont care about the standard you, still have to put them through the big sticks - Can anyone who thinks he has little ability claim to have kicked a LARGE number of goals in a season or game in any standard of footy, or are we just reading tall poppy syndrome posts?
This is what I can tell you about his input to Great Western.
He has played 6 games so far for about 20 goals this season playing only 1 full game at full forward in which he kicked 8 in a match winning display against a good quality side. This win was considered a big upset. The rest he has played at CHF and in the ruck, where he played a full game last week in another match winning display, best on ground.
He also represented the leauge and absolutly towelled the opposition in the first half kicking 4 and providing several others, before he drifted out of the game probably from bordom. (10 goals up at half time, the same end result)
Now I dont want to ignite the whole your league V's my league debate, but I believe the HDFL is a strong local league, which I think beat the old Lexton league 3 time straight with what I would describe as very weak teams for what could have been picked if all players made themselves available - probably the same case with the LFL side?
This year he is very fit, and is leading from the front on the field, is very popular around the club with both players and supporters, and gives absolutly everything off the field helping with every social event staged so far this year. Our club had a tough start to the year with several regular players of the past years leaving interstate and to the Wimmera league, and the effect of the drought almost crippling the club, however he has stayed firm and rejected offers from clubs in your area, when many blokes may have jumped ship.
Now, I'm sorry for the long response, but in short this bloke is more than welcome at our club, and I wont expect him back that way some time soon, so please stop talking about him, cause if you know him the way I have come to know him he loves people talking about him and only started this thread to get people to fluff his pillows. Aint that right Mothman and Big bucks bingo ( Shane's new secret identity. )
Have fun fellas and good luck for the rest of the year.

MEGS is a handy footballer that would slot into most country league sides. All in all i think there has been enough said about him, his already massive head will be increasing swelling with every post about him!

so this is a LPFL thread and the tpoic of conversation is about a footballer from another league? hmmm anyway... from all accounts the 2nd half of the year should be very interesting. C'linton V Rokewood after Queens birthday should be a cracker. Blackford is killing them in the middle so the match up on Hill will be one to watch. Ross Waters will be at his best (and worse) and has troubled Rokewood in the past. The ruck duel of Stasse and Begbie will be interesting. Will be intersting to see the top 2 goal kickers go head to head in Ladiges and Augustine. Both are able to kick big hauls. Let me know your thoughts!!

so this is a LPFL thread and the tpoic of conversation is about a footballer from another league? hmmm anyway... from all accounts the 2nd half of the year should be very interesting. C'linton V Rokewood after Queens birthday should be a cracker. Blackford is killing them in the middle so the match up on Hill will be one to watch. Ross Waters will be at his best (and worse) and has troubled Rokewood in the past. The ruck duel of Stasse and Begbie will be interesting. Will be intersting to see the top 2 goal kickers go head to head in Ladiges and Augustine. Both are able to kick big hauls. Let me know your thoughts!!
I thought a couple of weeks ago that this would be the match of the season. Stasse is a player that goes unnoticed much of the time but is a genuine gun in this league, there will be no Hill/Blackford match up as both will play mainly attacking footy and who the hell knows what Ross Waters will do?, win the game off his own boot or single handedly lose the game through madness. I see Dont Argue asking around about some players on the MCDFL & BFL threads maybe looking to get a couple b4 clearances close, good on him too i think they're only 2 or 3 good players off challenging. Must admit i've seen C/L more than any other team this year but from what i saw last week & with a couple more to come in(Greenbank,Nunn,Allen & maybe even Porter) they can still win it... even after dropping 5 games

I I see Dont Argue asking around about some players on the MCDFL & BFL threads maybe looking to get a couple b4 clearances close, good on him too i think they're only 2 or 3 good players off challenging.

Just a couple of mates of mine and wanted to see how they are going! We're pretty much full strength at the moment and we are starting to up the ante. Main improvements we'll make will be through hard training. Although, having said that we are in talks with an ex. AFL player who were hopeful will play the last 4/5 games and finals for us. He is the grandson of Dick Reynolds and will be a great pick up!

Just a couple of mates of mine and wanted to see how they are going! We're pretty much full strength at the moment and we are starting to up the ante. Main improvements we'll make will be through hard training. Although, having said that we are in talks with an ex. AFL player who were hopeful will play the last 4/5 games and finals for us. He is the grandson of Dick Reynolds and will be a great pick up!

Big news if its true, i know that McNamee is related to Dick Reynolds. His dad was a nephew if i recall correctly. :confused: Might be the connection?

Can we have a name DA?

I see Dont Argue asking around about some players on the MCDFL & BFL threads maybe looking to get a couple b4 clearances close, good on him too i think they're only 2 or 3 good players off challenging. Must admit i've seen C/L more than any other team this year but from what i saw last week & with a couple more to come in(Greenbank,Nunn,Allen & maybe even Porter) they can still win it... even after dropping 5 games

I think both Natte and CL should be very aggressive in their recruiting over the next 3 weeks. They could both win a flag from here, if they recruit wisely and manage their team properly.

Just look for guys that are a bit disgruntled at their respective clubs.

Rokewood are continually picking up new blokes up, they will go from strength to strength in the second half of the year. Skipton also will get the services of Fletcher back and rumour is thay are chasing another ruckman.

Any of the four top teams could win it in my mind, i get the feeling Skipton won't though.

Whats everyone think are the strengths and weaknesses of all the teams?

Ha Ha Ha. This whole debate has been great reading and I have finally relented and decided to post some facts that I know, for what there worth. As the current playing coach of Shane Field's current club I can only put forward my view. About 4 years ago I was part of a group that went on a recruiting drive to Maryborough to have a look a Field play in a final. Several things stood out.
- Field was hated by everyone in the crowd, who took delight and hurling abuse of all kinds at him while he quietly played footy with no verbal replies, and had several opponents hanging off him all day. I can only presume by the posts that a couple of you fellas may be from opposition clubs and still enjoy this love hate relationship.
-The members of his club however treated him like a star, and as it turned out he kicked about 5-6 in what I thought was a very good standard game.
- the standard of the league was questioned by our group, who come to the conclusion that whilst the top sides showed plenty of ability the bottom sides couldn't keep up the pace. ( this no doubt led to Field kicking some big bags )
- Field was a super kick who moved pretty well for a big bloke. I dont care about the standard you, still have to put them through the big sticks - Can anyone who thinks he has little ability claim to have kicked a LARGE number of goals in a season or game in any standard of footy, or are we just reading tall poppy syndrome posts?
This is what I can tell you about his input to Great Western.
He has played 6 games so far for about 20 goals this season playing only 1 full game at full forward in which he kicked 8 in a match winning display against a good quality side. This win was considered a big upset. The rest he has played at CHF and in the ruck, where he played a full game last week in another match winning display, best on ground.
He also represented the leauge and absolutly towelled the opposition in the first half kicking 4 and providing several others, before he drifted out of the game probably from bordom. (10 goals up at half time, the same end result)
Now I dont want to ignite the whole your league V's my league debate, but I believe the HDFL is a strong local league, which I think beat the old Lexton league 3 time straight with what I would describe as very weak teams for what could have been picked if all players made themselves available - probably the same case with the LFL side?
This year he is very fit, and is leading from the front on the field, is very popular around the club with both players and supporters, and gives absolutly everything off the field helping with every social event staged so far this year. Our club had a tough start to the year with several regular players of the past years leaving interstate and to the Wimmera league, and the effect of the drought almost crippling the club, however he has stayed firm and rejected offers from clubs in your area, when many blokes may have jumped ship.
Now, I'm sorry for the long response, but in short this bloke is more than welcome at our club, and I wont expect him back that way some time soon, so please stop talking about him, cause if you know him the way I have come to know him he loves people talking about him and only started this thread to get people to fluff his pillows. Aint that right Mothman and Big bucks bingo ( Shane's new secret identity. )
Have fun fellas and good luck for the rest of the year.

He was looking pretty trim before he headed off your way and can play a decent game.

Let's not forget you were talking LFL not LPFL. The league has become a lot stronger since the Ballarat teams came in.

If the LPFL was to put a interleague team together how do you reckon it would line up?

FB: L. Berlund B. Macgowan T. Biggs
HB: B. Driscoll S. Quinn J. Robinson
CL: S. Ross J. Hill B. Mortlock
HF: R. Greenbank K. Molloy B. Augustine
FF: Z. Bigmore J. McNamee C. Ladiges

Foll: McKay T. Blackford R. Waters

Might be Natte bias but they are the players i see week in week out. Skipton are interesting, no real stars just strong across the board. Other teams all have stand out players who i have tried to put in.

Whats everyone else think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See on the transfers site that heath pritchard is heading back to Lexton after a long time away from the club. Played in flags at Maryborough and is a classy wingman. Is a bit soft but overall he's a very good player!

Also see that there is a knocked back clearances for Porter from a few days back. His intention must still be to part ways with Carngham

See on the transfers site that heath pritchard is heading back to Lexton after a long time away from the club. Played in flags at Maryborough and is a classy wingman. Is a bit soft but overall he's a very good player!

Get Mortlock off your wing for the interleague side then.

That is surprising as Pritchard generally only goes to teams that have a chance of winning a grand final. Maryborough in 1998/99 & 04 and then onto Gisborne the following year.

He'd be in the top 10 players DA. Might not like it against the harder at it teams, but he will take some stopping.

If the LPFL was to put a interleague team together how do you reckon it would line up?

Might be Natte bias but they are the players i see week in week out. Skipton are interesting, no real stars just strong across the board. Other teams all have stand out players who i have tried to put in.

You can take out any Rokewood and Natte players they wouldn't play interleague because there all to scared they'll get injured

How tall is begbie i think stasse will slaughter him like he does every other ruckman in the league

LPFL - madroota

Begbie is about 6ft i think. Stasse has size but im not sure he has the tank in him to run with Begbie. As was stated - should be an interesting duel. As for Natte players and Rokewood players being too scared to play interleague.. hmmm... not sure madroota.. maybe they wouldnt as premierships mean more apparently...but hey your the expert here so i will just go along with you!!!!!

DOC O'Connell from Ararat Eagles does pretty well across half back.

If you're going to put in an interleague side and expect people to take it seriously pal, maybe don't put yaself at full forward u self promoting ****er. Last time i checked u weren't leading the goal kicking JMac so maybe save that spot for Ladiges or Augustine

Re: LPFL - madroota

Begbie is about 6ft i think. Stasse has size but im not sure he has the tank in him to run with Begbie. As was stated - should be an interesting duel. As for Natte players and Rokewood players being too scared to play interleague.. hmmm... not sure madroota.. maybe they wouldnt as premierships mean more apparently...but hey your the expert here so i will just go along with you!!!!!

Stasse is a good ruckman. Don't underestimate him. If Head wasn't rucking last year in the finals (that I saw) all they could rely on was Stasse. The other guys were getting jumped all over and beaten physically and couldn't cope with the Jardine's and etc of the league.

If you're going to put in an interleague side and expect people to take it seriously pal, maybe don't put yaself at full forward u self promoting ****er. Last time i checked u weren't leading the goal kicking JMac so maybe save that spot for Ladiges or Augustine

More then happy for other peoples opinion, Augustine plays across half forward most of the time so thats why he was there. Is by far the best half forward in the League. It was between Ladiges and McNamee... Went with the guy who kicked a tonne last year! But your right on form Ladiges is the premium goal kicker in the league. Should win it easily this year i would think.

Put in your version of the team it was only a conversation starter, there are probably guys in it that shouldn't be and ones that aren't who should be. Dallas Martin is a guy who i think is stiff to miss out, but couldn't fit everyone in!

Re: LPFL - madroota

I agree Begbie would probebly run him into the ground. But its the centre clearances that get you the goals and Begbie would be lucky to win one for the whole game. Not to mention the lack of physical strength in throws ins, marking contests and etc.
As for the interleague side I'm only going by what happened 2 years ago. From what i heard those 2 sides had 6 players between them that were supposed to play but didn't. As far as I'm concerned they are the reason why the LPFL don't field an interleague side anymore (Lack of support).

FB: M. FitzGerald B. MacGowan B. Coon
HB: B. Driscoll K. Begbie B. Williams
C: S. Ross J. Hill A. Chew
FF: T. McKay C. Ladiges M. MacGowan
Foll: M. Stasse T. Blackford R. Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back