Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The footy show is coming to Ararat tomorrow, Billy Brownless and Big BT Taylor will be spinning the wheel for the Ararat and district Junior Football association. Come along and have a great night at Alexandra oval, there is a big marquee and music will be provided by the “BOURBON LEGENDS”. Do any of you blokes that played in the old ADJFA remember the old rooms, if so make sure you come along and lets see if the KIDS can win the car.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was talking to a few rokewood boys yesterday who had being talking to porter earlier in the day and they reckon ports has all but written his season off and also said that ladigies is also gone, this is pretty bad news for C/L, just wondering of anyone from C/L can shed some light on the issue??? should be to ripper games this weekend too skipton v natte and rokewood v C/L whats everyones tips???

Was talking to a few rokewood boys yesterday who had being talking to porter earlier in the day and they reckon ports has all but written his season off and also said that ladigies is also gone, this is pretty bad news for C/L, just wondering of anyone from C/L can shed some light on the issue??? should be to ripper games this weekend too skipton v natte and rokewood v C/L whats everyones tips???
Skipton will beat Natte in a close one. I would like too see C/L beat Rokewood but I think R/W will be too stong with Ladigies out.

Begbie from Rokewood won it apparently. Can someone tell me if he is a deserving winner and whether it was much of a surprise?

How did Jason Hill go? Is there anywhere on the web that has a breakdown of the votes?

Yes Begbie won it from Rokewood. This was a very big surprse as his team mate in Blackford was the favourite. Any person who wins a league medal is deserving however lots people people questioned his dominance. (He won clearly and polled a large amount of votes.) All the best to him.

Jason Hill polled 11 to be the leading vote getter from C/linton. Again in the games i saw him play would have htought he would of polled stronger.

Umpires see the game in a different light however!

Any other thoughts on the night?

Yes Begbie won it from Rokewood. This was a very big surprse as his team mate in Blackford was the favourite. Any person who wins a league medal is deserving however lots people people questioned his dominance. (He won clearly and polled a large amount of votes.) All the best to him.

Jason Hill polled 11 to be the leading vote getter from C/linton. Again in the games i saw him play would have htought he would of polled stronger.

Umpires see the game in a different light however!

Any other thoughts on the night?

Begbie won on 26 votes from Stephen Ross of Natte on 23 votes. Navarre's Bill Driscoll was third on 18 votes. Kiernan Molloy and Blackford polled votes early but tailed off in the second half of the season. Tom Blackford won the Courier Player of the Year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats is an interesting result considering Steven Ross missed 4 - 5 games with a foot injury

4-5 games off still leaves you with 11-12 games of footy. which still leaves you enough games if you are consistent! and we all know natte aren't the most even team across the ground..

4-5 games off still leaves you with 11-12 games of footy. which still leaves you enough games if you are consistent! and we all know natte aren't the most even team across the ground..

I believe Ross polled votes in 10 games. Of a possible 11-12 games I'd reckon that's pretty consistent....

In my haste to sing Ross' praises i neglected to congratulate the winner, based on the limited number of games that i have seen him play its clear that he is an outstanding footballer.

Obviously a biased opinion but I thought Bill Driscoll did pretty well to finish third given that he was coming back from a serious injury and that we didn't win many games so there wasn't many opportunities to get three votes.

Well what's the point of saying it then if no LPFL team are even across the board?[/quote/]

my comment wasn't focussing on natte being uneven, it was focussing on stephen ross dominating the votes for natte, its easier to get votes when theres not many people taking them off you!!!!

Natte are now into the 2nd Semi Final.... I'm tipping they have a few players taking votes off him in order to get themselves there (McNamee, Robinson, Jacobs etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back