Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you will find out that it probably is. Will take a couple of mates as well. Can only wish him all the best. Obviously a star footballer.

Now that would be something worth discussing in this forum instead of half the other crap... have not heard of too many "big name" players moving from club to club in the LPFL.

Picked up the courier this morning and its definately true, mcnamee is off to rokewood next season.
Wonder how the natte boys will take this news??

Bold move by the kid but I think it also shows that he takes his coaching seriously. Good luck to him.... Will be a career defining move either way IMO.

yeah i believe it is a very bold move going to chokewood!!!!
i believe he will be more hated by the rest of the league!!!!:thumbsu:
I can't understand the move. It won't do anything for his career at all, at 21 IMO he should have gone to a Ballarat League club that is likely to feature in next yrs finals (Ballarat for example) & added another string to his bow. (Amazing what you'd learn from a year under Northey). Then worry about being a career coach later on. Anyway it will be interesting to see the reaction of the rest of the teams in the league when they play Rokewood (especially Carngham). This makes Rokewood a very good team already for 08. Very bold move Don't Argue, hope you can handle the pressure

Its nearly time for Don't Argue to hit bigfooty up again isnt it after being told by the powers at natte to get off it earlier in the season. Cmon Don't Argue where are you

I can't fully understand the move by mcnamee. He mentioned in the courier that Rokewood has a very strong list and that its a lot less travel. I feel he must be very keen on winning a flag and thinks Rokewood is the spot to do it. I think its a bold move to go and play against his old team. My thoughts are that it will be worth every cent to go watch Natte v Rokewood next year.

On the other side of the coin it will be interesting to see who Natte get to coach and how competitive they will be. One alarming thing for Natte is that I recently overheard a bloke a who i'm pretty sure is on the comitee that said "the club is very unsure of its future." He along with others wants to head into the Maryborough Castlemaine League but the word is a few of the main men at the club don't want a bar of it. His concern was the guys running the show are "going to wait too long before the move is made away from the Lexton Plains" and his thoughts were the damage will be already done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U are a tosser Jmac what a w***er why would u go to Chokewood not a good career move at all. Try yourself at a higher level u ****** we seen your coaching against C/L in the grandfinal this year what diffrence will u make at Chokewood the likes of C/L and co haunt Chokewood come the business end of this season... U are a legend Jmac my idol..

U are a tosser Jmac what a w***er why would u go to Chokewood not a good career move at all. Try yourself at a higher level u ****** we seen your coaching against C/L in the grandfinal this year what diffrence will u make at Chokewood the likes of C/L and co haunt Chokewood come the business end of this season... U are a legend Jmac my idol..

i agree i luvlpfl, obvioulsy just plays footy for the money and premierships, oh wait but he doesnt have any of them and he wont be getting them at chokewood either, well done jmac you tool

i agree i luvlpfl, obvioulsy just plays footy for the money and premierships, oh wait but he doesnt have any of them and he wont be getting them at chokewood either, well done jmac you tool

Strange times these,why wouldnt he go and learn off someone at a higher league.

Strange times.:confused:

I think that you will find that J-Mac was one of the lowest paid coaches going around last season. Give the young fellow a go. He obviously did a great job as a 'Rookie coach" getting Natte into a grand final last season. I know that most teams would welcome him with open arms given the opportunity. An extremely talented footballer.

Strange times these,why wouldnt he go and learn off someone at a higher league.

Strange times.:confused:

Coaching is like driving a car. Most people learn more in 1 week on their P's driving on their own than they do in 2 years with a parent in the passenger seat. Coaching Natte was natural progression for James and a move to a club where he has no ties will do him the world of good.

Coaching friends is extremely difficult and Rokewood will still be a learning opportunity for him. It's a league he knows, he's going to a team with a good list, and they should be hungry for success. As James Hird said in his autobiography, "There is nothing more dangerous than 30 guys with a point to prove".

C-L always has a point to prove. They love shoving their success in front of all the other teams faces and Rob Waters always knows how to motivate them.

I personally think Natte are not a hungry team. They still think of themselves as the team that spent years out of the finals. The majority of them look happy to be playing finals but not necessarily win a premiership.

Rokewood and Skipton would be the two teams that would really be hurting after 2007. If they have any fight in them, I would expect big things from them next year.

As far as bagging the shit out of people that have the courage to coach, it's not on. It's only football too. Where would the league be without the Porters, Ross Waters, McKays, J-Macs, and Hills? It wouldn't be getting the respect it is now, that is for sure.

Coaching is like driving a car. Most people learn more in 1 week on their P's driving on their own than they do in 2 years with a parent in the passenger seat. Coaching Natte was natural progression for James and a move to a club where he has no ties will do him the world of good.

Coaching friends is extremely difficult and Rokewood will still be a learning opportunity for him. It's a league he knows, he's going to a team with a good list, and they should be hungry for success. As James Hird said in his autobiography, "There is nothing more dangerous than 30 guys with a point to prove".

C-L always has a point to prove. They love shoving their success in front of all the other teams faces and Rob Waters always knows how to motivate them.

I personally think Natte are not a hungry team. They still think of themselves as the team that spent years out of the finals. The majority of them look happy to be playing finals but not necessarily win a premiership.

Rokewood and Skipton would be the two teams that would really be hurting after 2007. If they have any fight in them, I would expect big things from them next year.

As far as bagging the shit out of people that have the courage to coach, it's not on. It's only football too. Where would the league be without the Porters, Ross Waters, McKays, J-Macs, and Hills? It wouldn't be getting the respect it is now, that is for sure.

well said old school...couldn't agree more:thumbsu:

I think that you will find that J-Mac was one of the lowest paid coaches going around last season. Give the young fellow a go. He obviously did a great job as a 'Rookie coach" getting Natte into a grand final last season. I know that most teams would welcome him with open arms given the opportunity. An extremely talented footballer.

As someone largely unfamiliar with LPFL players, can someone fill me in a bit on McNamee's footy background? Did he play Rebels? What junior club did he play for?

Silly Jmac should go into a higher level if hes any good at all. He quoted in the paper that he played for nth brat, quote me on this but i dont think he made the final list, or even played a game for them????? Very interesting season next year Apparently C/L have appointed ROBYN THE HAIRY COOK as senior coach next year look out!!!!!!

Silly Jmac should go into a higher level if hes any good at all. He quoted in the paper that he played for nth brat, quote me on this but i dont think he made the final list, or even played a game for them????? Very interesting season next year Apparently C/L have appointed ROBYN THE HAIRY COOK as senior coach next year look out!!!!!!

It also said that Ladiges was in the forward line for Rokewood next year. I personally think the writer ****ed up. As I said yesterday too, why are people so keen to see the Waters, Porters, J-Macs, Hills and etc prove themself at the higher levels? It leaves the LPFL without any stars and no credibility when stacked up against the CHFL.

C-L have appointed Jason Hill as coach for 2008 according to a few people from out that way. Should be very interesting to see how Hilly performs as a head coach.

It also said that Ladiges was in the forward line for Rokewood next year. I personally think the writer ****ed up. As I said yesterday too, why are people so keen to see the Waters, Porters, J-Macs, Hills and etc prove themself at the higher levels? It leaves the LPFL without any stars and no credibility when stacked up against the CHFL.

C-L have appointed Jason Hill as coach for 2008 according to a few people from out that way. Should be very interesting to see how Hilly performs as a head coach.

If this is true about Hilly it will be interesting to see how he goes because I know when he was joint coach with Owen at Clunes he did about 5% of the talking. It was always Owen who addressed players before, during and after games, as well as at training.

Hopefully he has learnt something from the big fella.

If this is true about Hilly it will be interesting to see how he goes because I know when he was joint coach with Owen at Clunes he did about 5% of the talking. It was always Owen who addressed players before, during and after games, as well as at training.

Hopefully he has learnt something from the big fella.

I thought he was only an assistant to Weatherly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back