Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone report on Shane boyington at Rokewood (i think?)
absolute lunatic at our club last year, missed a few games because of a stand up stoush at training last year, lets fly with the big cannons at the earliest convenience. Has he smashed anyone at training yet? He had a penchant for causing damage in competetive drills.

yes i have heard the same about boyington, i believe thats why rokewood has paid a few extra dollars to get him. they may have someone now with a physical presence. i can't recall them having anyone in the last few years to show a bit of strength. Augustine and R.Wilson is about it, please correct me if im wrong:confused:

just on another small note attended and watched lexton train during the week. good numbers and a few who look like they can play, hey but it's just training right. Anyway can anyone from lexton pls confirm there stronger pick ups.

also from the navaree ground things are looking good. club are very happy with recruits and believe there still could be a few big signings from the stawell area. keep an eye from whats happening out this way.

Will do. I'll start a new thread for it rather than mix it up with all this. 3 very interesting games round 1.

Rokewood v Illabarook
Skipton v Lexton
CL v Natte

There should be some good money with the night match at Austar. Canteen, bar and etc will be up a fair bit compared to the usual gate one would suspect. No CHFL and BFL scheduled will bring the punters in and most LPFL teams would probably poke their noses in.

osb - give me all the home teams. rokewood to smash the dogs only because it's at home, skipton in a close one over the tiges - but lots of promise for the season and cl in a strong win over natte.......

just on another small note attended and watched lexton train during the week. good numbers and a few who look like they can play, hey but it's just training right. Anyway can anyone from lexton pls confirm there stronger pick ups.

also from the navaree ground things are looking good. club are very happy with recruits and believe there still could be a few big signings from the stawell area. keep an eye from whats happening out this way.

Eromsil can help you out,
The tigers will be better this year with a lot more depth. Recruited a lot of height which should help. Probably key signings (from about 20 new players) would the ruck combination of T.OLiver (Ballan, Ex Lexton B & F) , McKinnon (Learmonth) and Reid (Gordon). Running players through midfield will be Rushton (Waubra) J. Allan (Waubra) L. Bennet (Ballan).
Key forward and backs wil be vetren Noddy Gladman and strong possible signing of an East Point big man. Time will tell on that one though.
Interesting to see how much they can improve as we were a long way off last year. Hope gives some insight

Having played in both the LPFL and CHFL leagues, I'm of the opinion that CHFL is generally a higher standard league... The bottom five or six players in most of the LPFL sides would struggle to get a game in CHFL. Having said that, I think the CHFL would only be slightly better if there was an interleague match... Somebody should organise it. Creates another week off for the league.

I think Lexton and Navarre will be much improved this year, due to the fact that they weren't too far off the pace last year (despite their ladder position), they haven't lost many players and have picked up some quality recruits.

Cargnham looks as though they've got a few players returning after struggling in the CHFL. Ross waters leaving will impact directly on Pie sales at the Linton Cafeteria...

I think Lexton and Navarre will be much improved this year, due to the fact that they weren't too far off the pace last year (despite their ladder position), they haven't lost many players and have picked up some quality recruits.

Cargnham looks as though they've got a few players returning after struggling in the CHFL. Ross waters leaving will impact directly on Pie sales at the Linton Cafeteria...

Lexton will be much improved but they got smashed by every top five side last year bar Illabarook so lots of improvement needed

I think you will find Lexton and Navarre were miles off the pace in ladder position and game day performance. I suppose that depends on what you call 'the pace'. In my book, 'the pace' was Skipton, Rokewood, Natte and CL (Ladder Positions). Just have a look at the footballing lessons those 4 teams dished out to Lexton and Navarre last season. Collectively they did not beat one of those teams listed. I know Navarre got close to CL in round 5 but their end of year form would have destroyed the Grasshoppers. Also, I would have nearly put money on Ararat getting their only win against Lexton last year at the time.

All that is in the rear view mirror and hopefully they can close the gap a bit but I'll be waiting until round 1 before I rate either of those teams either highly or lowly.

Pring and Grigg did play in a premiership team didn't they? As Ted Whitten said "I'd rather be the worst player in a premiership team than the best player in the runners up". Pring was mentioned in the bests most weeks too from memory.

I believe one of the main reasons the Eagles are happy in the LPFL is the ability to draw players from the Ballarat area, essentially where the population is. I dont recall the Eagles ever having recruited any players from Ballarat, but I agree something needs to be done in regards to league restuctures before its too late. I think the VCFL should place the Eagles in the MDFL before its too late,The lets just sit back and wait attitude of the VCFL just doesn't cut it.

I don't think you have used a lot of grey matter, with this statement Crazy 88. First of all whether or not the Eagles have actually recruited anyone from Ballarat is irrelevant, the fact that they have a better ability to do so, is the important point. Not to mention a number of young Ararat people travel to Ballarat and actually live in Ararat for work and university.

The VCFL do not have the power to put any club anywhere, the only time they have any power is if a league requestes assistance or their competition is clearly not viable. The decision on which League the club plays in rests with the members of the club, not the VCFL. You mentioned that the VCFL should do this before it is too late.... Too late for what can you tell me? I presume you are an interested party in the LPFL, why would you think it a good idea for the Eagles to leave, this would almost certainly put the LPFL under scrutiny as a viable league, at a time when the LPFL is in a fantastic position as a strong league, with record crowds, excellent administration and a healthy competition.

Back to the Eagles, and my sources tell me that they have picked up some handy young players from the Geelong area, and the latest word is they are close to securing former Coach and Ballarat Courier Player of the Year award winnder Jake Strafehl. If my mail is right, then this is a great result for the Eagles, as he would be a handy inclusion to provide some strength to their midfield and support to their young list.

You are a wank my fury friend. Pring and Grigg both played in a CHFL flag last year and Pring had an awsome year, so please write statements with sense not just utter bullshit. Jake Pring will dominate through the midfield has one of the best kicks going around and can hurt sides with his dissposal. Grigg will play CHB or back flank and will be very handy coming of a backline will set up many forward thrusts. I do agree that Navarre will be up there fighting for top 4 spot come september. My tips for round one are C/L to destroy Natte by over 65points, Rokewood by 60 points, Skipton by 40 points Navarre by a s p a c e ......
Any thoughts gents?

You are a wank my fury friend. Pring and Grigg both played in a CHFL flag last year and Pring had an awsome year, so please write statements with sense not just utter bullshit. Jake Pring will dominate through the midfield has one of the best kicks going around and can hurt sides with his dissposal. Grigg will play CHB or back flank and will be very handy coming of a backline will set up many forward thrusts. I do agree that Navarre will be up there fighting for top 4 spot come september. My tips for round one are C/L to destroy Natte by over 65points, Rokewood by 60 points, Skipton by 40 points Navarre by a s p a c e ......
Any thoughts gents?

your predicitions are pretty spot on itchy, dont know what all the hipe about lexton is, they were pretty ordinary last year and would need a heap of "quality" players to help them climb the ladder, they will win their fair share of games but will struggle against the likes of C/L rokewood and skipton, i also think natte will be beow par to, which isnt a bad thing to see :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Strafehl has he lost any weight? Last i saw was the side of a house, Would be better bringing kids through the system than chassing him.

I've been told he looks pretty lean and is pretty fit, after a solid pre-season with the Rats.

I don't know how the Eagles could pass up a person of his experience and talent. Is a hard at the ball player, who will no doubt support and supplement the Eagles youngsters.

I've been told he looks pretty lean and is pretty fit, after a solid pre-season with the Rats.

I don't know how the Eagles could pass up a person of his experience and talent. Is a hard at the ball player, who will no doubt support and supplement the Eagles youngsters.

I agree Hutch and your mail is correct, strafehl has signed with the eagles and todays paper suggests they have got four or five coming from Geelong which is a great bonus for them. I watched their praccy match against Great western the other week and their young kids moved well, very quick which are promising signs.

must be getting close to the season as there is plenty of yap on this thred. Great to see.

Skipton are overrated, rely on only a few players... I'm not saying that Lexton will be world beaters, But they will certainly improve on last year and be very competitive with the top sides. Navarre were also good in patches last year, and it only takes a couple of quality inclusions to change things around. I think the makeup of the ladder will change comprehensively from last year, with CL to remain the obvious favourite.

Any thoughts gents?

I think you are spot on with Grigg and Pring. The two are more than handy inclusions and any LPFL or CHFL team would be wrapt to obtain their services.

Pring was the go to guy for the 2006 flag for CL. CL have played to his strengths and he is my interleague wingman.

I think you will find Lexton and Navarre were miles off the pace in ladder position and game day performance. I suppose that depends on what you call 'the pace'. In my book, 'the pace' was Skipton, Rokewood, Natte and CL (Ladder Positions). Just have a look at the footballing lessons those 4 teams dished out to Lexton and Navarre last season. Collectively they did not beat one of those teams listed. I know Navarre got close to CL in round 5 but their end of year form would have destroyed the Grasshoppers. Also, I would have nearly put money on Ararat getting their only win against Lexton last year at the time.

All that is in the rear view mirror and hopefully they can close the gap a bit but I'll be waiting until round 1 before I rate either of those teams either highly or lowly.

Pring and Grigg did play in a premiership team didn't they? As Ted Whitten said "I'd rather be the worst player in a premiership team than the best player in the runners up". Pring was mentioned in the bests most weeks too from memory.

OSB, Navarre actually beat C/L last year in Rd 3

You're usually pretty spot on with the stats Old School but i think you'll find that Navarre defeated C/L in round 3 pretty comfortably, but then went on to beat Ararat 3 times and lexton once as their only other wins of the year. I think u might be slipping in your old age...

I read with interest on the MDFL forum that the league is struggling, with up to 5 teams not having enough numbers to field reserves, and the fact a few of their clubs are looking at joining the LPFL in 2009.

Don't be surprised if the LPFL includes SMW Rovers, Tatyoon, Lake Bolac and Lis/Derri in 2009. Most of these clubs recruit from Ballarat anyway, so it makes sense.

Forget the CHFL argument, as they think they're the best league outside the AFL and don't want to change their structure.

Looks like the Eagles made the right decision to stay in the stronger LPFL and maintain their youth policy. Their time will come, and I think the other MDFL clubs joining the LPFL will only help their cause. :)

Transfers are still flooding in think and fast. It is about time there is a salary cap put in place because by the looks everyone is spending up to be the top dog in the LPFL. This is good to see in my book, especially when every club seems to have far more in then outs.

I know I have put the odds up but i feel like I am stabbing in the dark saying who will win it this year. Anyone's guess is as good as mine!

I like the tipping comp, i will even put up odds and everyone can have fantasy bets and well keep a running total. We could do it that everyone starts with $100 or $1000 or something and the person with the highest come finals wins. Old School i don't know how to start threads but i could do something similar to what you're saying if directed...

One last thing, I have followed this league for quite a while and today a name poped up that rang my bell. A Trevor Field has put in a transfer to Natte? Can someone tell me if this is the guy with a crook neck or is it a relation of his or a total coincedence?

Where are the praccy's tommorrow? Inform us of results please!

Yes that would be big trevor field with a kink in his neck. And if it is SMW rovers being talked about in the last post as to recruiting from ballarat i would say 50% of there list comes from ballarat

Oh it is still silly season with silly people posting. Perhaps you wait until the season starts before we make statements about 5 clubs not having reserves as there has been no official word. And what type of a perosn has nothing better to do than sit on his computer and bag out other leagues. Very poor form. I am of the belief that leagues depend on each other therefore should support each other as much as possible. I also noticed you had the nerve to make the same post on two different league threds. Exactly what are you trying to achieve? You say the CHFL think highly of themselves, take a look in the mirror numb nuts.

I have played in both leagues and am of the opinion ( and that is all it is, my opinion, could be wrong ) but the LPFL is a stronger league, skill wise, with a greater percentage of the teams being strong. In saying this there are only seven teams in your league with ten in the MDFL. Of course there are going to be stronger and weaker teams. MDFL top team last year and LPFL Top team in my view would have been a great clash and i say this after having experience playing in both leagues. Have you had experience in both leagues?????

It seems to me you are not a supporter of football but a person who looks after their own interests pushing their objectives without the ability to see past your own nose.

Tatyoon and Lake Bolac recruit from Ballarat do they. Name the players. Why are Rovers struggling? because they can't recruit from Ballarat and nothing would change if they went to the LPFL because they would have to compete with Carngham, Skipton, Lexton and the CHFL. Moyston willaura tried for years to recruit out of Ballarat with no success. people just won't travel that far to play football. They persisted with their kids and now are back in the mix with their players all being locals. So good luck to the Eagles because they have got good kids coming through and this is the key to survival.

I don't know if I read, Wella22's post clearly or not, but I think I read it a lot clearly than you t08199883. Seems to me he was only pointing out what he had read on the MDFL forum, and definately not stating this to be a fact. As for bagging out other leagues, I must have missed that part as well. Providing his opinion that the LPFL is a stronger league, does not mean he was bagging another league.

Speaking of numb nuts, the LPFL has eight teams not seven as you incorrectly stated. Which league is stronger is irrelevant in this particular post (please feel free to debate me any time on that issue!), however if there is any truth to the fact 5 MDFL teams are struggling to field reserves, this is a major concern for that league. Maybe you should focus your energy on addressing this issue and its potential consequences,rather than having a go at someone who is contributing to this forum with some relevant and interesting points and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back