Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been on for a while, just readind some of the goss on here. It's pretty interesting, J-Mac's gone & been replaced already according to sources. With J-Mac gone, how many players will follow? 2 definately will be going with him in Stewart & Liddicoat....

Any other news on arrivals or departures?

Yeah i thort maybe Dom or Ash wouldve got up n won it...I new Andy wouldnt win it but i thort he wouldve got a lot closer then he did! No doubt tho louie deserved it!!!

yeah thats alright was a good effort how many full games did he end up playing, and was just as good effort to back it up with the runners up in the seniors.

Whats news around clubs? Been pretty quiet on here of late?
Heard a whisper the other day that C/L could be losing a few of there better players to sebas? Stasse was amongst the names but the other 2 or 3 were top quality players as well! Also a whisper that Keam is gone to some Ballarat club. No idea how true they were. Any news you can share OSB?

What about some news out Natte way? Would think they would want to have another season like this year any recuits on the table?

One of the best defenders in the CHFL. Can play any spot in the back half and is rarely beaten, great news for Illabarook if true.
i would say that he is far from being one of the best defenders in the Central highlands... wasnt in the top 3 best defenders at Bungaree this year...
Oh and good luck trying to get him to any social functions... The only time he ever stayed after a game was to collect any possible match payments. and he only stayed one thursday night for tea, and that was when he was given vice captain...

Good luck to him though.. was always a nice bloke, just didnt give much back to the footy club.

i would say that he is far from being one of the best defenders in the Central highlands... wasnt in the top 3 best defenders at Bungaree this year...
Oh and good luck trying to get him to any social functions... The only time he ever stayed after a game was to collect any possible match payments. and he only stayed one thursday night for tea, and that was when he was given vice captain...

Good luck to him though.. was always a nice bloke, just didnt give much back to the footy club.

He was there for what, 7-8 seasons? Won a senior best and fairest... Sounds like he gave plenty to the club.

You are obviously someone at the club, as am I, and i can tell you why he isn't big on the social scene and thats because he is a very strong family man, loves his kids and prefers to spend time with them.. Trying to hold that against the guy is pretty low..

Fair enough. I have seen him play on numerous occasions and never seen him beaten. If there are 3 better defenders at Bungaree then the forward line and on ballers must be ordinary for the club to have missed finals this year. You are entitled to an opinion like everyone else.

Having played with him over the past few years i can say that there was clearly not 3 better defenders at the club, although admittedly, i wsa away for much of this season, so i cant really comment on 08, but he did share the B&F in 07 from the backline, beating the likes of reed, knowles and cummins etc, all who were playing in the midfield.

Kinda sounds like sour grapes from trooper..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having played with him over the past few years i can say that there was clearly not 3 better defenders at the club, although admittedly, i wsa away for much of this season, so i cant really comment on 08, but he did share the B&F in 07 from the backline, beating the likes of reed, knowles and cummins etc, all who were playing in the midfield.

Kinda sounds like sour grapes from trooper..

No Sour grapes or anything of a sort...
i just think that his year in 08 was worse than that in 07. new players came along, such as Quinney, Leske and Buchanan. Those 3 along with Trigg, Barnett, Sullivan. This meant that Nathan's load was shared around alot more. and made him look like the solid defender he is, but nothing outstanding...

No Sour grapes or anything of a sort...
i just think that his year in 08 was worse than that in 07. new players came along, such as Quinney, Leske and Buchanan. Those 3 along with Trigg, Barnett, Sullivan. This meant that Nathan's load was shared around alot more. and made him look like the solid defender he is, but nothing outstanding...

Fair enough.. A lot of those names are new to the backline in 08, looks a good base for 09 then..
I'm guessing that was Tim and not Tony Trigg back there?

Fair enough.. A lot of those names are new to the backline in 08, looks a good base for 09 then..
I'm guessing that was Tim and not Tony Trigg back there?

yeah it is Tim. and yes the backline had a lot of new faces from that of 07.
but the club is heading in the right direction. Youth is the way forward and they have managed to sign nearly all their young players. Trigg, Weymess, Carmody, Reid, Nicholson, Steenhuis were really there only main senior players over the age of 23. so everything is looking promising.

yeah it is Tim. and yes the backline had a lot of new faces from that of 07.
but the club is heading in the right direction. Youth is the way forward and they have managed to sign nearly all their young players. Trigg, Weymess, Carmody, Reid, Nicholson, Steenhuis were really there only main senior players over the age of 23. so everything is looking promising.

So, is Weymiss likely to leave Bunga or not? Is he going to Illabarook or is it all tall stories?

Ben Scott from stawell is being chased to play with brother Damien at Navarre even though signing with stawell already! Bryce Tickner looks to be back playing at Navarre again after a year at the roosters! Have heard rumours that there could be a few Navarre boys leaving next year aswell, names that have popped up so far have been Brian Thomas (Great Western), Aiden Lee (St Arnaud), Nathan Ringen (Great Western), Jacob Piccoli (Bendigo Region), James Devery (Stawell). Also a few other reserve grade players are in the fold!
Could be a very interesting off-season for Navarre if this is all true!

will this be a huge loss to illabarook

No, not a loss at all. He had a knack of upsetting umpires and team mates. He has the ability to win a game off his own boot and also lose a game with undisciplined acts.
Congrats to Lovo and Finny on their coaching appointment too, 09 should be a good year for the Bulldogs.

No, not a loss at all. He had a knack of upsetting umpires and team mates. He has the ability to win a game off his own boot and also lose a game with undisciplined acts.
Congrats to Lovo and Finny on their coaching appointment too, 09 should be a good year for the Bulldogs.

Was he the coach of the under 17's for use this year. and why do you say it will be the year of the bulldogs

Was he the coach of the under 17's for use this year. and why do you say it will be the year of the bulldogs

I said it should be a good year for the Bulldogs, NOT the year of the Bulldogs! I say this, because Lovo and Finny are not the sort of blokes that will be happy with an average year. So I imagine they will be chasing plenty of new blood.
Davidson did coach the 17's this year.

I said it should be a good year for the Bulldogs, NOT the year of the Bulldogs! I say this, because Lovo and Finny are not the sort of blokes that will be happy with an average year. So I imagine they will be chasing plenty of new blood.
Davidson did coach the 17's this year.

Sorry my mistake, i wasn't having a go at you, yeah i imagine no one would be happy with a lean year cause everyone wants success.

Are there any big recruits or losses coming out of CargnhaM and rokewood haven't heard much on them for a while. HAve they replaced Macnemee yet, and will porter go for another year as coach of the saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back