Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On what basis would you say Rokewood are miles ahead of Skipton? Skipton have beaten them twice and they have put in some poor performances against teams like Lexton and other lower ranked sides.

You guys should beat them this weekend and I would expect Natte to beat them comfortably in the first week of finals. In fact I could see Rokewood going out in straight sets.

I just think they peaked a while back and are on the decline.
Rokewood look a lot more polished and there backs will match up better on the skipton forwards. Rokewood forwards will have a field day against them.

Does Navarre have broadband out there? Not many grasshoppers on here sticking up for there coach. Only Golden Flyer 29, the wheels have well and truly fallen off. Maybe Yesterdays Hero and Master of Roc can fire up the hoppers again!!!!!!

Ventured out to Linton sunday to watch the game what a discrace C/L were had no forward line at all didn't even look like competing when the ball came down:thumbsdown:.Skipton did as they wanted after half time but by all reports C/L had alot of players out ie Head, Lagiges,Battye,Burt,Bodey,linane,howlett and O'brien. They looked to have no options up forward Porter looked injured Ross Waters hopeless and unfit:mad:, but with the like of Ladiges Burt and Head up forward will straighten them up!!! But Skipton looked good all day ran in numbers and kicked long to there forwards, most of all got it in quickly to get the likes of Fletcher,Molloy one out. Very quick through the midfield and strong backline:). Interesting if C/L will even turn up next week and make a contest of it:eek:.Skipton are odds on favourite to win the flag Skipton Natte grandfinal:D

Ventured out to Linton sunday to watch the game what a discrace C/L were had no forward line at all didn't even look like competing when the ball came down:thumbsdown:.Skipton did as they wanted after half time but by all reports C/L had alot of players out ie Head, Lagiges,Battye,Burt,Bodey,linane,howlett and O'brien. They looked to have no options up forward Porter looked injured Ross Waters hopeless and unfit:mad:, but with the like of Ladiges Burt and Head up forward will straighten them up!!! But Skipton looked good all day ran in numbers and kicked long to there forwards, most of all got it in quickly to get the likes of Fletcher,Molloy one out. Very quick through the midfield and strong backline:). Interesting if C/L will even turn up next week and make a contest of it:eek:.Skipton are odds on favourite to win the flag Skipton Natte grandfinal:D

Don't bother mentioning any other player than Ryan Head. Nobody in the league can match up on him where the other guys can be beaten IMO.

How many games has head played for CL this year? I thought you had to play 5 or something to qualify for finals?

Ross Waters is not worth bagging. He's a gun player and CL would be better sticking him at FF because they would get a better return out of him than Ladiges and the injured Porter.

ladiges kick 100 goals last year .ok it was with maldon .porter looks like he's finished.Ross waters has skill but the only time he runs during the weeks is if he's got the shits.Head north ballarat pushing for a senior game north will play finals

ladiges kick 100 goals last year .ok it was with maldon .porter looks like he's finished.Ross waters has skill but the only time he runs during the weeks is if he's got the shits.Head north ballarat pushing for a senior game north will play finals

I have seen 2 North games this year and he is in the better handfull for the 2's. He wouldn't be too far off a 1's spot and I really can't see him coming back and playing for CL to be honest. If he does, it wouldn't surprise me if they made the GF.

Ladiges is no doubt a good player but I think the good teams can get on top of him. I think Ross Waters would play more havoc up forward than Ladiges can.

Obviously a fit Porter is far better than both. In fact I think Dan Jordan is the only FF within 100km better than Porter.

On what basis would you say Rokewood are miles ahead of Skipton? Skipton have beaten them twice and they have put in some poor performances against teams like Lexton and other lower ranked sides.

You guys should beat them this weekend and I would expect Natte to beat them comfortably in the first week of finals. In fact I could see Rokewood going out in straight sets.

I just think they peaked a while back and are on the decline.
Rokewood are a class side they are good enough to play off in the GF skiptons had there turn and after natte beat them so can rokewood.

I have seen 2 North games this year and he is in the better handfull for the 2's. He wouldn't be too far off a 1's spot and I really can't see him coming back and playing for CL to be honest. If he does, it wouldn't surprise me if they made the GF.

Ladiges is no doubt a good player but I think the good teams can get on top of him. I think Ross Waters would play more havoc up forward than Ladiges can.

Obviously a fit Porter is far better than both. In fact I think Dan Jordan is the only FF within 100km better than Porter.
head was named on an extended bench for nth on saturday, didnt play but got second or third best in the twos again

I agree with u iluvlpfl that C/L had alot of players missing from the side, but how many of these players will return before the end of the season? As i understand it Ladiges is still a few weeks away with a torn hammy, and Trev Howlett's troublesome groin injury is apparantly so swollen he can't even put his shorts on:eek: Good news for the saints though is that Linane should return this weekend after a bad batch of gastro and O'Brien is back from his trip with girlfriend Robyn across Australia.:D Will be interesting this week against Rokewood, as both sides have absolutely nothing to gain in the seniors, and top spot is on the line in the two's, do u think both teams will load the ressies up with one's players to get the win????

Does Navarre have broadband out there? Not many grasshoppers on here sticking up for there coach. Only Golden Flyer 29, the wheels have well and truly fallen off. Maybe Yesterdays Hero and Master of Roc can fire up the hoppers again!!!!!!

I heard a whisper that Navarre are looking around for a new coach... the word is that Bigmore may be heading back to Inglewood with his Old man and Brother in Law

Who is the CHF for natte? I saw him play earlier in the year and then again last week. Provides a great vocal point and I think is the key to Nattes flag aspirations this year.

With finals fast approaching, could someone (with more experience in this legue than I have)advise on their thoughts for the League medal IE possible prospects from each club.:)
From the clubs I have seen this year McKay and Malloy from Skipton, O'Connell and Bulger from Ararat, Jacobs from Natte. I am not saying these blokes will win the medal these are just the games Ive seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With finals fast approaching, could someone (with more experience in this legue than I have)advise on their thoughts for the League medal IE possible prospects from each club.:)
From the clubs I have seen this year McKay and Malloy from Skipton, O'Connell and Bulger from Ararat, Jacobs from Natte. I am not saying these blokes will win the medal these are just the games Ive seen.
I dont think any of the Ararat boys will win, But the players you have mentioned plus several other young fellas have had good years.The young Ararat boys are already looking towards next year, lets hope they can win a few games in 08.
My tip would be Tim McKay from Skipton, Big and imposing and hard to stop.

Mate you are crazy if you think the eagles could get more than ten votes for the whole team let along one player. Has Nole Jacobs had a good year? McKay must be a chance again. Must of got three votes against the eagles three weeks ago he smashed em.

head was named on an extended bench for nth on saturday, didnt play but got second or third best in the twos again

Blow for Rokewood this weekend my brother in law Augustine is out for the season with a shoulder injury could help carnam get over them satdy..

Mate you are crazy if you think the eagles could get more than ten votes for the whole team let along one player. Has Nole Jacobs had a good year? McKay must be a chance again. Must of got three votes against the eagles three weeks ago he smashed em.
As I stated TOPGUN, I have only seen a few matches in the LPFL I dont know how votes any players will get, I am only seeking peoples opinions on who are likely votes getters from each club, I have seen Ararat play twice this year and was impressed by the 2 players I mentioned, I realise that Ararat players will not poll many votes because they havn't won any games and yes McKay ( who I have seen play about 20 times) will probably win because he is a bonfide country champion.

Blow for Rokewood this weekend my brother in law Augustine is out for the season with a shoulder injury could help carnam get over them satdy..

Big blow if true. There's a lot of crap spun on this site though.

Here are my B&F tips.

Skipton: The smart money would be on McKay. Won it last year, he's a coach so the umpires know him, he stands out and can play. He ticks all the boxes.

Rokewood: Tom Blackford would be my second choice. Although he deserves to win it, my view is that umpires often wouldn't notice him because he isn't big, flashy and etc. He's just a tough footballer which often isn't noticed by the umps.

Natte: The choice here is Steven Ross. The Brownlow is testament to blonde hair and a tan catching the umpires attention. Should be either McNamee or Robinson getting the top votes but key forwards rarely win these things.

CL: Does anyone rate Jason Hill a chance? I think he's had a great year and been CL's best. I thought he probably could have picked up votes in all the games I have seen CL play.

Roughies: Bill Driscoll and Amon Johnson. Probably will not pick up any votes in most of their losses though.

lexton will win

Please lets keep this forum for constructive interesting discussions about happenings in the Lexton League. As an ex player of the Central Highlands League now playing in the Lexton League I enjoyed reading the forum about news from this season. However it has seemed a great forum has been ruined by senseless unknowledgable comments about basically crap. (Including sub forums of any imaginable topic)

Yes Lexton play Skipton this week and lets hope it is a close game but the facts and form of these sides say it won't be close.

League Medal Tip: T. Blackford (Rokewood/Corindhap)

As I stated TOPGUN, I have only seen a few matches in the LPFL I dont know how votes any players will get, I am only seeking peoples opinions on who are likely votes getters from each club, I have seen Ararat play twice this year and was impressed by the 2 players I mentioned, I realise that Ararat players will not poll many votes because they havn't won any games and yes McKay ( who I have seen play about 20 times) will probably win because he is a bonfide country champion.

also have seen mckay play, great player but a champion big call dont you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back