Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see on the MCDFL thread they are saying that Simon Booker is in line for coach at Natte in 2008.

Whats the source for this one Biff.Very good bloke Simon,also well respected by clubs inthis league but has only coached at junior level i think,although succesfully.Also quite a quiet bloke from what i know of him.Interesting one from left field,although not far fetched either.

If this is true about Hilly it will be interesting to see how he goes because I know when he was joint coach with Owen at Clunes he did about 5% of the talking. It was always Owen who addressed players before, during and after games, as well as at training.

Hopefully he has learnt something from the big fella.

In my humble opinion would be a very fine appointment by the saints,and certainly keep them at or near the top:thumbsu:

I see on the MCDFL thread they are saying that Simon Booker is in line for coach at Natte in 2008.

It is all the talk on the MCDFL thread and I would guess that Natte should consider him. I remember playing against his junior sides and they were well drilled. He's Natte through and through and I guess that would be a popular decision by all.:thumbsu:

Whats the source for this one Biff.Very good bloke Simon,also well respected by clubs inthis league but has only coached at junior level i think,although succesfully.Also quite a quiet bloke from what i know of him.Interesting one from left field,although not far fetched either.

My source would be the people saying it on the MCDFL thread. Have not heard this in person. Actually, I am yet to hear anything in regards to Natte's coach for 2008. You seem to be in the know Glacier. How are things progressing out there?

Silly Jmac should go into a higher level if hes any good at all. He quoted in the paper that he played for nth brat, quote me on this but i dont think he made the final list, or even played a game for them????? Very interesting season next year Apparently C/L have appointed ROBYN THE HAIRY COOK as senior coach next year look out!!!!!!

He played most of his juniors at North Ballarat i believe, when he came back to maryborough in 2003 he was fresh off a league best and fairest and if my memory serves me correctly he was a premiership captain that year too.

Can anyone else confirm that Lexton have signed a two-time Waubra premiership player for next year? Should make a handy in the midfield & across half back.

:D
Nick cog has been seen hanging around natte latley is their any posability of him playing their next year? :confused:
Seen walking down High St was he? Hanging out at the local nightclub?

Maybe he was hanging from one of the trees along the river?

What a pile of crap! The silly season is alive and well.:D

Word around town in Natte are chasing the services of Maryborough's Martin Dell as well as former Maryborough player Andrew Tatchell in a joint role for 2008. Martin has been a quality player in the Bendigo Football League and was named on a back flank of last years BFL team of the year. Would be sad to see him leave the borough but would be a good pick up for the swans.

Andrew would take some age and experiance to Natte but it would be hard to see him making much of a dent in the LPFL as his best football is behind him.

Good to see Natte aren't content with second place and are gathering a team to challenge in 2008

Nick cog has been seen hanging around natte latley is their any posability of him playing their next year? :confused:

The kid should be playing at Rebels or Maryborough next year, he is wasting his time playing in the Minor Leagues. Would like to see how he would go at a higher standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word around town in Natte are chasing the services of Maryborough's Martin Dell as well as former Maryborough player Andrew Tatchell in a joint role for 2008. Martin has been a quality player in the Bendigo Football League and was named on a back flank of last years BFL team of the year. Would be sad to see him leave the borough but would be a good pick up for the swans.

Andrew would take some age and experiance to Natte but it would be hard to see him making much of a dent in the LPFL as his best football is behind him.

Good to see Natte aren't content with second place and are gathering a team to challenge in 2008

Yeah good to see. If the two did coach would be interesting to see who they could take with them from their respective clubs.

Nick Coghlan would be either Avoca or Rebels. Wouldn't think Natte or Maryborough would be a chance in 08.

Andrew Tatchell will be the coach of the Maryborough Reserves. I think he is keen to do the job with the assistance of Marc Cassidy.
I've also heard Noel Jacob's name thrown around for the Natte job. It's obvious that his best football is past him but would no doubt have the experience and know how to do the job.

Andrew Tatchell will be the coach of the Maryborough Reserves. I think he is keen to do the job with the assistance of Marc Cassidy.
I've also heard Noel Jacob's name thrown around for the Natte job. It's obvious that his best football is past him but would no doubt have the experience and know how to do the job.

Tatch and Cassidy should do a good job there.

Jacobs won't be playing or coaching anywhere. Many local clubs have tried to lure him from Natte for 2008 and his response has always been that he's not playing or coaching next year.

Tatch and Cassidy should do a good job there.

Jacobs won't be playing or coaching anywhere. Many local clubs have tried to lure him from Natte for 2008 and his response has always been that he's not playing or coaching next year.
:)
jacobs will play if the moneys right. ive heard it too many times. apparently he wasn't playing this year either until natte opened the cheque book$$$$$$$$$$$$

Can anyone else confirm that Lexton have signed a two-time Waubra premiership player for next year? Should make a handy in the midfield & across half back.

2 time?? Waubra were runners up this yr... coz no one from the 06 team played in 1982 flag.

Who r we talking about??? Jimmy Ruston??

I know he has a few of his good mates playing out at Lexton.

2 time?? Waubra were runners up this yr... coz no one from the 06 team played in 1982 flag.

Who r we talking about??? Jimmy Ruston??

I know he has a few of his good mates playing out at Lexton.

I was told Jimmy had signed, along with Matt Lockett from Learmonth. Timmy Oliver was returning after a year at Ballan. Lexton saved a bit of cash last year so might be out to get a few players for 2008.

I was told Jimmy had signed, along with Matt Lockett from Learmonth. Timmy Oliver was returning after a year at Ballan. Lexton saved a bit of cash last year so might be out to get a few players for 2008.

What was the deal with Lockett this year? AJ talked him up all pre-season, yet I rarely saw him in their best players, and by the end of the year he couldn't even get a game in the 1's.

My son played with him at Nth Ballarat in the juniors and he wasn't a world beater then. So has nothing changed?

Can anyone out there give me the whereabouts, or the truth, of an old player from this league. Played for Rokewood a few years ago, i think, full forward, name Bryan Morby. A mate of mine talks him up a bit but others say his a nob?

Can anyone out there give me the whereabouts, or the truth, of an old player from this league. Played for Rokewood a few years ago, i think, full forward, name Bryan Morby. A mate of mine talks him up a bit but others say his a nob?
:)
morby played his last football game with chokewood in 2002 winning the premiership against C/L. was very servicable on this day and played at full forward. has not played since. i believe him to be a good bloke however dont personally know him.:eek::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back