lexton plains under 17s thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: under17 superstars

Thats a bit harsh! You can't argue with stats mate, it takes a fair bit of skill to kick 70 goals in any competition, even in a good side. Especially when you haven't played the full season. Given that no one else kicked as many goals as him in the U17's this year he is clearly the most dangerous forward in the comp! Apparently he also kicked 120 goals or something last year for a different club which is a bloody good effort!

As far as the kid goes I wouldn't have a clue, but if he does it means that not only is he kicking a lot of goals, he is also getting a root so good on him! For a 17 year old that is a tick in every box!

a real good full back could quiet him down a lot

Adam Chisholm is a classic flat track bully. Big bags are booted against weak opposition while his output against the better teams is minimal.

This season the LPFL U/17 competition had three strong teams that were clearly ahead of the opposition. Rokewood-Corindhap went 14-2, Navarre 13-3 and the Ararat Eagles 12-4 during the home and away season. That's a combined record of 39-9 while the teams positioned fourth through eighth went a combined 25-55.

I'm happy to acknowledge that Chisholm's 70 goals in 14 matches to this point of the season is a great effort. However, he has kicked 65 goals in nine matches against the bottom five teams. In two matches against Rokewood-Corindhap he has kicked one in each for a total of two. Three games against the Eagles have produced two, none and one for three in total. So five goals in five games against the other two top three teams.

And before anybody jumps on me and suggests that he has played a different role against Rokewood-Corindhap and Ararat Eagles I'll counter. Adam has little work ethic and a fitness base to match. He cannot be pushed into the midfield against the better teams as he is fly-blown within five minutes. He is a forward who is very good against weaker opposition and that is where it ends. He is not a superstar, far from it. His track record of kicking goals is outstanding with a huge league record behind him at Great Western in the HDFL but he has always made the most of playing against the teams at the arse end of the ladder.

Navarre can win the flag without a significant contribution from Adam Chisholm but I don't think that is the case if Louis Hannett and David Lang are kept quiet.

jason rae from carnim linton is a gun. started half way through the season & killed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiro Malakelis
Thats a bit harsh! You can't argue with stats mate, it takes a fair bit of skill to kick 70 goals in any competition, even in a good side. Especially when you haven't played the full season. Given that no one else kicked as many goals as him in the U17's this year he is clearly the most dangerous forward in the comp! Apparently he also kicked 120 goals or something last year for a different club which is a bloody good effort!

As far as the kid goes I wouldn't have a clue, but if he does it means that not only is he kicking a lot of goals, he is also getting a root so good on him! For a 17 year old that is a tick in every box!

a real good full back could quiet him down a lot

Lets just say i was a Full Back in "X" team. here was the secnarnio...
Early in season playin at navarre i was sent to piccolli due to sortness of quality backline players and think piccolli was more of a worry than chishol (which he is) in the first 10 mins chisholm kicked 5. i was put on chilsholm he only kicked one after that and was lucky to get that piccolli ended up kickin 6 himself. we got done 101 points.

he no good becoz im no superstar myself

yeah he only kicks bags of goals when he palys teams like illabrook, carnam, skipton & lexton. does no where near as much damage against the top teams

an top BLOKE TO DID HE PLAY SENIOR FOOTBALL ????

Yes he did apparently play a half decent game to! is it tru carngham gave 5 of the un17 players senior experience. Rae nd Doolan being the pick of the bunch and Mundy and 2 O'Brien Brothers being the other three. Don't you think those O'Brien bro's are a little young for senior footy at the age of 15 14 altho hav the bigger build maybe not mentally ready for senior games?? but watch them in the comin years.

Can anyone shed light on the O'Briens being thugs as sed and discussed on the Senior thread???

Yes he did apparently play a half decent game to! is it tru carngham gave 5 of the un17 players senior experience. Rae nd Doolan being the pick of the bunch and Mundy and 2 O'Brien Brothers being the other three. Don't you think those O'Brien bro's are a little young for senior footy at the age of 15 14 altho hav the bigger build maybe not mentally ready for senior games?? but watch them in the comin years.

Can anyone shed light on the O'Briens being thugs as sed and discussed on the Senior thread???

beind da shedz for your own well being please dont write on big footy again! you have made numerous mistakes!
you seem to know heaps about carngham when you come all the way from avoca..
and who gives a stuff if they are thugs.. its their problem!

come on boys new year footy training starting soon lets get this goin again.

any news on any teams for the under 17s?

who looks strong?

any big outs or in at the clubs?

who are the superstars of the under17s

I think Leo Bell from the ararat eagles would of been up for LPFL B/F this year but got recruited to play under 19s footy in tassie in the state comp bad luck for the league on the loss of a good player..

I think Leo Bell from the ararat eagles would of been up for LPFL B/F this year but got recruited to play under 19s footy in tassie in the state comp bad luck for the league on the loss of a good player..

And the dog would have caught the rabbit if it did not stop to take a CRAP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys what u17s team looks like taking home the bacon this year
from what i have heard chookewood have lost a lot of players, also navare and Ararat.

carngham will be shit like always.
lexton could be the surprise packet.
Natte will only have 3 good players week in week out.
and our juniors are looking strong small team lots of speed.

from what i have heard chookewood have lost a lot of players, also navare and Ararat.

carngham will be shit like always.
lexton could be the surprise packet.
Natte will only have 3 good players week in week out.
and our juniors are looking strong small team lots of speed.

pretty ordinary statement, theyve gone down hill in the past 2 years but they won 4 in a row before that, and how can u say who cares about juniours anyway on the lpfl thread then come on here and give a spiel about the juniours, you are a dead set goose

pretty ordinary statement, theyve gone down hill in the past 2 years but they won 4 in a row before that, and how can u say who cares about juniours anyway on the lpfl thread then come on here and give a spiel about the juniours, you are a dead set goose
it was a question you "dead set goose"

Hey champ dont get me wrong i did say them coments only because you carnt judge kids when there young it would just be wrong..the other bloke was just saying how shit u were so i was backin u up and the league:thumbsu:

Hey champ dont get me wrong i did say them coments only because you carnt judge kids when there young it would just be wrong..the other bloke was just saying how shit u were so i was backin u up and the league:thumbsu:

dont worry mate that wasnt directed at you, it was directed at biscuit:thumbsu:

Illabarook played a disappointing game, going down to c/l by 19 points in a surprise upset. Illabarook played poor below the knees, not being able to pick the ball up.
Brad Schiltz made his long awaited return from suspension, and is going to prove to be a valuable asset to the team. Illabarook are only going to get stronger once their injured players return, and will continue the good form they have had so far this season. I am pleased with Illabarook's attitude this season, it has been a great improvement from what was seen last year.

Best players were
C/L: Jordon Harrington, Paul Granger, Wayne Randall, Nicholas O'brien, Justin O'brien, Benjiman Johnson

Illabarook: Brad Schiltze, Brandon Greenwood, Wayne Kalisperis, Damien Loudon, Kurt Titan, Adam Mountney

Anybody have information on how the other games went? I hear Steve Butler from Ararat booted 14?

Ol mate Butz did slot a lazy 14 got BoG then played a game of ones and slotted another 3. Tom schwab was another good player pickin up a hell of alot of possies off a wing (Both Butz and Scwabba good pickups from Moyston have been handy early in year) and also Ike Zanos played a good ame in the guts. Dunno who played well for Rok/Cor as i dnt know any of the players.

eagles v rokewood
eagles domminated right from word go, the hoppers had a few good plays but nothing to the standard of the eagles. Ararat played fairly well for most of the game dropping off a touch in the last half. Very promising signs from the team though should poll well at the end of the year!!:thumbsu:
Butler kicked 14 goals in the juniors taking him to 2nd overall in the leading goalkicker behind parker.Should be a good tassle as the year progresses:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back