lexton plains under 17s thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carngham/Linton vs Navarre

Should be a good game. Last time they played Navarre beat C/l by about 20 pooints. C/L played without Nick O'Brien and Navarre without Lang. O'Brien makes his teammates better than Lang does and I think for this reason.
C/L by 8 points

Carngham/Linton vs Navarre

Should be a good game. Last time they played Navarre beat C/l by about 20 pooints. C/L played without Nick O'Brien and Navarre without Lang. O'Brien makes his teammates better than Lang does and I think for this reason.
C/L by 8 points

Mobey i don't think you have sen lang play then last year in the second semi final he nearly pretty much won the game for navarre single handely and then when we played them the week before and then in the grand final he was the difference between winning and loosing.

so in tommorrow's game i think he while go pretty close to being the best oin the ground because he is a big game player who steps up when his teams mates need him the most

Navarre big winners today..
guess no great surprise there, they were always the dominant side throughout the year!
Played all over c/l for most of the match and had much more structure and planning to their football..
nothing against C/L though, great effort making it to the granny after finishing 4th but was just out classed and played on the day..
BOG was awarded to Hannett which IMO was i bit debateable.. had a great 1st half but didnt seem to find much of the ball in the 2nd half..

Navarre big winners today..
guess no great surprise there, they were always the dominant side throughout the year!
Played all over c/l for most of the match and had much more structure and planning to their football..
nothing against C/L though, great effort making it to the granny after finishing 4th but was just out classed and played on the day..
BOG was awarded to Hannett which IMO was i bit debateable.. had a great 1st half but didnt seem to find much of the ball in the 2nd half..
personally I thought it was a two-horse race between him and Langy. They both seemed to have all the time in the world to do whatever they pleased. Don't think I've ever seen a side make it to a GF being so incredibly one-dimensional as Carngham. There only decent player seemed to be the big O'Brien kid. Who is a star, but can't do it all on his own.

Ahh i went and watched the ararat vs diggers match which was supposedly a good match and wasnt that high of a standard.. not a great deal seperating the league!
In those conditions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So anyway navarre way to good. Should of won by more. They gave up a few goals late when it didn't count. A CL team with out nick obrien would be close to finishing bottom.

Poor form by the recruiters wanting a look. If you want to see talent you get off you're arses during the year to look at games not just the grand final.

Well done to Navarre though 3 in a row doesn't happen often even if the last team to do it was CL from 02-05 they did 4 in a row. Will be a big effort for the grasshoppers to achieve this.

Quick question for speedy who would win a game between these 2 sides the 3 in a row navarre or 4 in a row CL?

So anyway navarre way to good. Should of won by more. They gave up a few goals late when it didn't count. A CL team with out nick obrien would be close to finishing bottom.

Poor form by the recruiters wanting a look. If you want to see talent you get off you're arses during the year to look at games not just the grand final.

Well done to Navarre though 3 in a row doesn't happen often even if the last team to do it was CL from 02-05 they did 4 in a row. Will be a big effort for the grasshoppers to achieve this.

Quick question for speedy who would win a game between these 2 sides the 3 in a row navarre or 4 in a row CL?
That was a very good Carngham side those years. But its impossible to even compare the two. Even comparing Nvarre's 2006 side with this years side is impossible-there are so many different players in junior footy. It would be a good game though

personally I thought it was a two-horse race between him and Langy. They both seemed to have all the time in the world to do whatever they pleased. Don't think I've ever seen a side make it to a GF being so incredibly one-dimensional as Carngham. There only decent player seemed to be the big O'Brien kid. Who is a star, but can't do it all on his own.

correct i think that both ararat and the doggies were better teams, just didnt have the desire to win in finals like C/L tho.

correct i think that both ararat and the doggies were better teams, just didnt have the desire to win in finals like C/L tho.

In the first match i agree with you about ararat but dont know about the 2nd match.. Just got unlucky IMO every1 put their blood, sweat and tears into that match!

With the doggies if they had of played like they did against the Eagles in their 2nd match they would have won..

The more determined team did make it though your right!

Was the grand final the only match that was looked at by selectors?

rebels selectors to be at game on sat

You know that for sure? Would you know a Rebels selector if you saw one?

hard on the radio, thats why ist goes 14s ressies 17s seniors.

so they can go from central highlands too lexton plains.

Bullshit. LPFL scheduled the 17's as the curtain raiser because last year's seconds match was a 14 goal blowout. Several leagues around the state have experimented with playing the thirds as the curtain raiser.

Yeah its bout the only game they cum n watch 4 the year...
There should b more selectors goin round each week during the season, not jus finals!

I'd hazard a guess the scouts see more than just the GF. And it wouldn't hurt the coach to make a call and push a player or two up either Aiden.

(Leather Magnet Quote) I'd hazard a guess the scouts see more than just the GF. And it wouldn't hurt the coach to make a call and push a player or two up either Aiden.[/quote]

I dont need 2 do that when ppl r already doing that 4 me, buddy! So which scouts r we talking bout here seems u think u no a bit more then wat i do??
Then i can tell u how many of them turned up 2 our games 4 the yr!

That was a very good Carngham side those years. But its impossible to even compare the two. Even comparing Nvarre's 2006 side with this years side is impossible-there are so many different players in junior footy. It would be a good game though

Yeah im wid ya there trist, Carngham did hav very good sides those yrs n even if i wanted 2 compare the 2 i honestly couldnt! I can only say that the comp this season was a lot more even throughout the top 5 wid it really being any1s game unlike a few yrs bak wen it was only really C/L, Avoca n Navarre then rokewood in 05 who had a chance!
If we played the 06 team against the 08 side then it could go either way, both being very evenly matched!
Im sure u'd bak me up on the whole scouts issue 2 trist would u not...being at navarre 4 quite a while n all??

(Leather Magnet Quote) I'd hazard a guess the scouts see more than just the GF. And it wouldn't hurt the coach to make a call and push a player or two up either Aiden.

I dont need 2 do that when ppl r already doing that 4 me, buddy! So which scouts r we talking bout here seems u think u no a bit more then wat i do??
Then i can tell u how many of them turned up 2 our games 4 the yr![/quote]

I''ll agree with you there speedoss, why would you need to push players when you've already got people like Gary Hannett pushing Louie Hannett and Phil Lang pushing David Lang, This magnet person has no idea about navarre at all..And no offense to the other guys but they wouldn't make rebels because they haven't all been pushed like these other 2 have been! Rebels are just a load of shit anyway, if you don't know someone within the system or if you haven't got outrageous skills then they don't even care!

Whoever you are leather magnet, i wouldn't be doubting Aiden, you've obviously got no idea how much Speedy knows about football around here, easily the smartest football minded guy that i no by far!

Whats this i hear about you leaving Navarre Speedy, is this true or not?
10 or more years of service a bit to long is it lol

Can't say that I've heard Joe Hannett pumping Louis' tyres and Phil Lang would be wasting his time as parents are rarely asked for their opinion about their own child.
Perhaps the coach could've alerted somebody to how young Leithhead and Ash Driscoll were developing.

Yeah im wid ya there trist, Carngham did hav very good sides those yrs n even if i wanted 2 compare the 2 i honestly couldnt! I can only say that the comp this season was a lot more even throughout the top 5 wid it really being any1s game unlike a few yrs bak wen it was only really C/L, Avoca n Navarre then rokewood in 05 who had a chance!
If we played the 06 team against the 08 side then it could go either way, both being very evenly matched!
Im sure u'd bak me up on the whole scouts issue 2 trist would u not...being at navarre 4 quite a while n all??
SUrely would-I'm shattered I didn't get scouted to rebels. If they had have watched me play against lexton occaisionally they would have surely picked me up, and I'd be ripping it up wit Brad Ottens n Blakey right now :D. Seriously though, when guys have to leave our league (Rich O'Connell, Langy etc) to gain recognition, there is an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back