lexton plains under 17s thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true!
Im not writing anything about the subject yet because it is such a clos top 5 and any one can beat any one on the day, the one thing i will say is that judging by Navarre's year they will probably make the Grandfinal!

Should be a great final series no matter the results

Eagles - Shaun North
C/L - Nick O'Brien

They're pretty much the major ones. If either of those two teams have those players out then their whole structure and midfield is compromised massively and the clearance work out of the middle would drop down heaps.

Eagles - Shaun North
C/L - Nick O'Brien

They're pretty much the major ones. If either of those two teams have those players out then their whole structure and midfield is compromised massively and the clearance work out of the middle would drop down heaps.

Fairly spot on!
Hard to say though cause all finals teams have good depth to their sides!
With Nick O'Brien i think he is a major force for C/L and without him they probably wouldnt go to far in finals IMO

Illabrook have more depth and less superstars so I think they could adjust best to having a couple of their best players missing out of all the teams.

Skipton rely on Parker a lot in the forward line and generally if he's not firing Skipton are in trouble so I spose you could add him to that list.

Navarre you would've said Hannet but now that they have Lang (better than Hannet) he can basically fill Hannet's role just as good if they needed him to. Navarre have like 5 superstar level players compared to most other teams having 2 or 3 tops. If you take out their top 5 players the rest of their side isn't anything special at all though in my opinion (you could say that for any team but I think it describes Navarre the best cause they rely on them players more than what other teams rely on their top few players).

little off topic and maybe early to ask, but who does everyone think will be the stronger teams in 2009?

IMO it will be Illabarook and C/L

Can almost certainly say Ararat wont be a stronger side..
C/L with probably be and maybe a few other side from the 5 this year..

i know that illabarook don't lose many players, pretty sure skipton and C/L don't either, not sure about navarre and i'd say that the bottom teams this year won't be much better next year

Navarre will lose Ash Driscoll, Andy Leithhead, Hannet - which are the players who've made their team what it is IMO, along with Lang of course. Dunno about guys like Charlie Driscoll, Rhoden, Reading and all them players but I'd say a few of them will probably be too old for 17's. So I think Navarre will drop off heaps.

Eagles lose like 18 players, so they'll go downhill the most but will probably have a lot of new players to recruit which always happens and heaps of good talent coming out of 14's. They mightn't be great next year, but in 2-3 years they'll probably be a top 2 team again since it will basically just be their under 14's team dominating in 17's by then probably.

Illabrook, Skipton and C/L will all be the top 4 or so next year, no doubt.

about navarres and ararats game it will be a tough battle but in the end it will come down to the midfield in wet weather NAVARRE BY 2 GOALS

Navarre will lose Ash Driscoll, Andy Leithhead, Hannet - which are the players who've made their team what it is IMO, along with Lang of course. Dunno about guys like Charlie Driscoll, Rhoden, Reading and all them players but I'd say a few of them will probably be too old for 17's. So I think Navarre will drop off heaps.

Eagles lose like 18 players, so they'll go downhill the most but will probably have a lot of new players to recruit which always happens and heaps of good talent coming out of 14's. They mightn't be great next year, but in 2-3 years they'll probably be a top 2 team again since it will basically just be their under 14's team dominating in 17's by then probably.

Illabrook, Skipton and C/L will all be the top 4 or so next year, no doubt.

Navarre lose Louis Hannett, Ash Driscoll, Andy Leithhead, Charlie Driscoll, Dom Rhoden, David Lang, Sam Dyke, Gwilym Notting, Rhys Dunn, Dean Ellen & Chris Carson....4 come out of the u14s and theres already talk of a number of kids wanting 2 come out from the stawell area...ive heard of 4 names so far! U mentioned Daniel reading in there as possibly to old, hes still got another 2yrs left, as hav a lot of the boys so id watch out haha!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Navarre lose Louis Hannett, Ash Driscoll, Andy Leithhead, Charlie Driscoll, Dom Rhoden, David Lang, Sam Dyke, Gwilym Notting, Rhys Dunn, Dean Ellen & Chris Carson....4 come out of the u14s and theres already talk of a number of kids wanting 2 come out from the stawell area...ive heard of 4 names so far! U mentioned Daniel reading in there as possibly to old, hes still got another 2yrs left, as hav a lot of the boys so id watch out haha!
No group of players you recruit will replace that bunch that's moving up though...that's what I meant when I said Navarre might drop off a bit. The teams out of the top 5 who lose the least amount of players will be the better teams next year, which I don't reckon will be either Navarre or Ararat.

Tomorrow's game should be good, but injuries/sickness might have an effect on the side Ararat can get out onto the field on Saturday and the fitness that them players will be at even if they do play...

Why's everybody jumping on him for one bad game out of 14? Pretty sure all the top forwards of the league have been kept to a goal or less at one stage or another. All these no names taking pot shots anonymously from behind a key board are just jealous that they haven't kicked 54 goals for the year. You guys are pretty damn cool, why don't ya say something to him out on the field, instead of behind a computer screen.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back