Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Would make sense Freo offering the least $, we’ll have to be very careful where we spend our money going forward to keep all the young guns happy.
Eagles and Tigers should have cap space opening up more each year as their well paid veterans all retire.
If he’s coming West Baker will probably be choosing between a big payday with limited on field success or more reasonable coin but with a chance for another run at some flags.
Will be interesting to see which way he goes! (if at all).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great to see the Fremantle football club posting on here for the benefit of us on Bigfooty.

Thanks for the specifics on the contract you’ve offered him and the rationale.

Everyone please use that post as gospel on the FFCs position.

Glad to be of assistance. If you want any lessons in using rationale and logic, then please let me know.

For Fremantle Baker is not in our best 10 players.

Why is he worth a first round pick?

Bobby hill only went for a 2nd rounder, surely his value is pretty similar.
Who says only top 10 players are worth a first round pick? 🤔. There's first round picks and there's first round picks too, there's a huge diff between pick 5 and 15. For a team already challenging for a flag a mid first round pick to add another piece to the starting outfit is a no brainer for me. An extra 5% can be the difference.

Bobby Hills value now is worth more, but he has improved out of site since he left Giants. He was fairly speculative at the time.

Who says only top 10 players are worth a first round pick? 🤔. There's first round picks and there's first round picks too, there's a huge diff between pick 5 and 15. For a team already challenging for a flag a mid first round pick to add another piece to the starting outfit is a no brainer for me. An extra 5% can be the difference.

Bobby Hills value now is worth more, but he has improved out of site since he left Giants. He was fairly speculative at the time.

There is no rule you can't trade out a first round pick for a depth player. It just doesn't make a lot of sense, especially if the player is out of contract.

Baker wouldn't be depth in your side. He'd be one of Longmuirs first few magnets on the board IMO.

Treacy
Amiss
Jackson

Serong
Brayshaw
Young
Darcy

Clark
Cox
Pearce
Ryan

He is not in our top 11 players, and all these 11 players magnets are put on the board before Baker.

Next level is Fyfe, Chapman, Sharp, Banfield, Sturt, Walker etc. He is someone around this level.

Treacy
Amiss
Jackson

Serong
Brayshaw
Young
Darcy

Clark
Cox
Pearce
Ryan

He is not in our top 11 players, and all these 11 players magnets are put on the board before Baker.

Next level is Fyfe, Chapman, Sharp, Banfield, Sturt, Walker etc. He is someone around this level.
I didn't mean he'd be in your best 10, but he'd be one of your coaches favorites.

Loving how freo fans are thinking freo's offer wont be high

Its the freo offer that vcame in first that made Baker sit up and take notice

Trent Cotchin also mentioned at the time it will be hard to knock back the big offers coming from the WA and thats before the eagles made him an offer.

Baker was already getting 600k-650k his last 2 years and Richmond would have increased that start of the year yet freo made a offer.

Its around the $800k+ range

The cap squeeze will come for freo in the next 3 years and we can get some of our VIC kids back home

Loving how freo fans are thinking freo's offer wont be high

Its the freo offer that vcame in first that made Baker sit up and take notice

Trent Cotchin also mentioned at the time it will be hard to knock back the big offers coming from the WA and thats before the eagles made him an offer.

Baker was already getting 600k-650k his last 2 years and Richmond would have increased that start of the year yet freo made a offer.

Its around the $800k+ range

The cap squeeze will come for freo in the next 3 years and we can get some of our VIC kids back home
At least Daniels quoted a figure, Cotchin says a vague "vibe of the thing" and you guys run with it to be whatever needed.

At least Daniels quoted a figure, Cotchin says a vague "vibe of the thing" and you guys run with it to be whatever needed.
"life-changing" could be as simple as $600k a season, and a sign on bonus of $500k to help towards the house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"life-changing" could be as simple as $600k a season, and a sign on bonus of $500k to help towards the house.
Weren't we supposedly ahead of them by a year at the start? Maybe it was as simple as extra guaranteed 650k because of that one extra year. Like, it can mean basically anything

I didn't mean he'd be in your best 10, but he'd be one of your coaches favorites.

You could say the same thing about Aish - he's definitely been a coaches favourite. JLo specifically brought him over from Collingwood with him. He has been reliable, committed to role and you would very rarely hear Freo fans raging about his performance in a post game. But lately has found himself as sub and on the cusp of being dropped on account of everyone around him improving.

Don't get me wrong, Baker would probably replace Aish in the team, but saying he's one of the first magnets is a stretch IMO

Cotchin says a vague ‘vibe of a thing’ because he doesn’t know. Either does Daniel’s but some that are a little less intelligent than others think he’s more professional by making numbers up.

Cotchin says a vague ‘vibe of a thing’ because he doesn’t know. Either does Daniel’s but some that are a little less intelligent than others think he’s more professional by making numbers up.
What a bizarre response to claim people are stupid for putting more stock in a guy quoting actual numbers. He hasnt made it up, someone (likely Freo given he's a bit of a mouthpiece) has given him figures that he's "allowed" to pass on. Not many Freo supporters will pretend there's not bias in that number and that number is gospel but it's more to go on than the actual made up figure of 850k in the posts above.

I'm not even having a crack at Cotchin, just pointing out Richmond supporters inventing numbers out of thin air on a "vibe"

What a bizarre response to claim people are stupid for putting more stock in a guy quoting actual numbers. He hasnt made it up, someone (likely Freo given he's a bit of a mouthpiece) has given him figures that he's "allowed" to pass on. Not many Freo supporters will pretend there's not bias in that number and that number is gospel but it's more to go on than the actual made up figure of 850k in the posts above.

I'm not even having a crack at Cotchin, just pointing out Richmond supporters inventing numbers out of thin air on a "vibe"
Why are you claiming that it’s likely someone’s given him the $$$? One needs to seperate his opinion from fact. When a journo says ‘believed to be’ it’s purely speculation. Which is fine. But people who think he has a definitive source for this don’t know how these guys play the game in the media.

The insiders at Freo aren’t as unprofessional as what you think. There is no reason for someone there to give that info to a journo. Unless they want to think they are a big shot of some sort. And if they do, they probably shouldn’t be working at club land.

Which leads back to the value of the statement from journos ‘sources believe the contract to be in the vicinity of…’ as complete opinion.

Come on mate you would need to be naive to believe the 600k

Baker at Richmond was on that or over with an increase likely and 3 clubs chasing Daniels just reports what he believes the WA supporters want to hear. 500k+ will be the average next year and impossible that baker will leave Richmond for 200k less

someone (likely Freo given he's a bit of a mouthpiece) has given him figures that he's "allowed" to pass on.

Sounds like Daniels has made things up here mate .........................

Treacy
Amiss
Jackson

Serong
Brayshaw
Young
Darcy

Clark
Cox
Pearce
Ryan

100% spot on. Id argue though Draper/Walker/Chapman have levels to go to that would go beyond Bakers output.

I mean if you offered Draper for Baker in a straight swap then Richmond biting your hand off for that one

100% spot on. Id argue though Draper/Walker/Chapman have levels to go to that would go beyond Bakers output.

I mean if you offered Draper for Baker in a straight swap then Richmond biting your hand off for that one
Yeah it’s funny why they are offering him a long term contract if that’s the case.

Geez Peter Bell is sending out some mixed signals.
Almost as if the club thinks different to Bigfooty ‘experts’

Come on mate you would need to be naive to believe the 600k

Baker at Richmond was on that or over with an increase likely and 3 clubs chasing Daniels just reports what he believes the WA supporters want to hear. 500k+ will be the average next year and impossible that baker will leave Richmond for 200k less
I'm sure there is wriggle room in the 600k. Like it's 650k base, then incentives up to 750k even, I'm not saying it's 100% correct. Frankly, Baker isn't worth more than his last contract and about 700k is correct. I still stand by Freo offering the least of all three and offer a reasonable contract.

If he takes it great, if he wants to play for more money and stay or more money at his childhood club WC then I understand (though don't understand how there is enough pull to want to go to WC).

I think he'd make us better, but he's not like adding a Prestia or Lynch to be a massive difference maker. We should be in the race as we are, not paying the 12-15th best player 800k

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back