Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Any talk on the price?
Did you listen to Hard Ball Gets from yesterday and basically Daniels and Ellis have a heart attack wondering what in the **** are WC doing trading for Baker? I still don't understand how this is s thing for WC, at any trade price

Did you listen to Hard Ball Gets from yesterday and basically Daniels and Ellis have a heart attack wondering what in the **** are WC doing trading for Baker? I still don't understand how this is s thing for WC, at any trade price
Firmly agree, the suggestions we're possibly trading the Barrass pick for him particularly is baffling. Hoping it's not much more than an F2 but not really a fan of chasing him at all. We need to be loading up on picks.

Firmly agree, the suggestions we're possibly trading the Barrass pick for him particularly is baffling. Hoping it's not much more than an F2 but not really a fan of chasing him at all.
It's like Baker has said "I'm joining WC but make sure Richmond are well compensated" and the people in charge have said "sure Mr Baker, whatever you want"

If your mob trades Barrass for Baker essentially, I'd be sending Clarke back to Vic

Last edited:
It's like Baker has said "I'm joining WC but make sure Richmond are well compensated" and the people I'm charge have said "sure Mr Baker, whatever you want"

If your mob trades Barrass for Baker essentially, I'd be sending Clarke back to Vic
There was definitely a "no backsies" clause on that one.

If Baker is actually an unrestricted free agent, he's as good as being an Eagle. The only question is dollars. It would also make a hell of a lot more sense going after him now rather than next year.

If Baker is actually an unrestricted free agent, he's as good as being an Eagle. The only question is dollars. It would also make a hell of a lot more sense going after him now rather than next year.
Baker has only been at Richmond for 7 years, not the 8 required for free agency.

I want to believe that WC are dumb enough to swap Barrass for Baker, but I simply don't.

Reckon the Tigers are about to get raw dogged on this one.
I can't bring myself to believe they're that dumb even with Clarke in charge. I'm trying trust me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can use the fact that the pre season draft is actually off the table for real (by virtue of them being last) to get an increased price from WC, but I can't see that increased price being a 1st round pick. Just additional later picks.
Ah yeah we could add our F4 to the offer of our F2 I guess

I want to believe that WC are dumb enough to swap Barrass for Baker, but I simply don't.

Reckon the Tigers are about to get raw dogged on this one.
The Tigers will get fair value. Jon Ralph might get raw dogged though.

This is not great news for the tigers if true.
I reckon you could extract a pick in the teens from Freo and only get something like a future 2nd from the eagles. Will be interesting to see

Freo need Baker more than Bolton. I would compare Freo getting Baker to Richmond getting Caddy. Big game player, settles everyone else down and lets the stars go to work. Would be a huge get for them. We got Caddy cheap somehow when he was under contract, not sure what Geelong were doing.

As for him going to West Coast, I don't really see the point, probably helps us the next 2 years as it should ensure West Coast definitely finish above us. Would guarentee us the next 2 pick 1s before Tassie come in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back