Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Any chance you abandon the dual ruck experiment? (not for WCE's benefit; just generally given how much is invested between Darcy/Jackson)
I think Darcy is a watch and see for next off season and beyond and think he's been told to ship up this year with a bit of a talking to. Won't be shipped this year though.

You guys crack me up honestly.:D
Ok the original post I misread it and thought he meant was in the actual AA team. I suppose when you have won nothing since being in the AFL it is a win just being nominated so congratulations to Freo for Jackson nearly making the AA Team that will look good in the trophy cabinet.:thumbsu:
Also I had to have a look at the coaches votes in 2023 and expecting Jacko to be well up on the leaderboard except it wasn't to be not even in the Top 20 and definitely NOT 60+ votes No it was actually 51 but hey it's another moral victory for the trophy cabinet.

Lets see the Wet Toast boys defend their 2016 drafting when they got Venables at pick 13 and Bolton went at 29 masterstroke.:thumbsu:
Or maybe in the 2017 rookie draft and they got Ryan Burrows at pick 13 and Baker went at pick 18.:moustache:
I actually rated Venables really highly. No way they could have predicted he would get a career ending concussion.

And the rest, well...I've seen better melt on the cheese toasty I had for lunch.

Murmurs are we will ask AFL for one end of first round draft pick as compensation.. too put to this trade. Would make it a fairly simple deal of pick 20 for Baker and then a few pointless moves around it to get Tigers a tiny bit more value ie. hawks future 2nd for Richmond’s future 3rd type add on

Murmurs are we will ask AFL for one end of first round draft pick as compensation.. too put to this trade. Would make it a fairly simple deal of pick 20 for Baker and then a few pointless moves around it to get Tigers a tiny bit more value ie. hawks future 2nd for Richmond’s future 3rd type add on
Compensation for what?

Murmurs or old PencilDick trying to mend relationships?

Compensation for what?
He means a priority pick, not compensation. But basically a free pick for being consistently shit a la North.

The ITK on our board said the AFL told us to ask for one this season if we win less than five games, we won five games this season. We'll get nothing. Honestly I'd prefer if the AFL scrapped draft assistance all together.

Understand some don't like the compensation, but the AFL is pretty heavily tilted toward 'big' clubs in Victoria having a better hand than clubs with smaller fanbases and in general clubs outside Victoria to varying extents.
As long as players can find ways to get out of their contracts and narrow down the suitors by nominating their preferences, don't really have a bih problem with the AFL having some mechanisms like compensation picks / 'assistance' to steer against it.
Understand the counterargument that it leads to some 'interesting' compo, reckon it's the lesser of two evils for the time being.

All good but if your paying him 600k+ a year that's great news for us.

I do laugh though, Eagles fans telling me Baker is only worth 1 second around pick but happy to pay Graham the equivalent of Band 3 compo.

Too funny.

Yep.

Free agency compo is a broken system.

Ageed Graham isn't worth band 3.

Maybe the clubs manipulating the system to get the Baker deal over the line has been the suggestion.

I understand it is the job of every opposition supporter to come into these threads and talk down the value of players that are looking to be traded, but if we let Baker go for some crap pick in the 20, I’ll be absolutely spewing.

Will get more than one pick in the 20s.

Just not a 1st from the Eagles. A 2nd and a 3rd or a player.

So more than just a pick in the 20s.

Can also see Tigers making a play for pick 3. Talk around them wanting FOS and Jagga. Baker deal may get rolled into that deal so we actually don't know exactly what his value was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He means a priority pick, not compensation. But basically a free pick for being consistently shit a la North.
My unbiased opinion is they should give you pick 4 and force you to trade it for a player. The player must come from a Vic club, close to the MCG with yellow and must be 173cm or smaller.

secret smell GIF

My unbiased opinion is they should give you pick 4 and force you to trade it for a player. The player must come from a Vic club, close to the MCG with yellow and must be 173cm or smaller.

secret smell GIF
We're not giving up pick 4 for Nick Watson

The ITK on our board said the AFL told us to ask for one this season if we win less than five games, we won five games this season. We'll get nothing. Honestly I'd prefer if the AFL scrapped draft assistance all together.
If we dont ask for a priority pick cos Oscar Allen snapped a freak goal with 40 seconds to go in a game, we are bigger cowards and losers then anyone could ever imagine....

We going to ask

I understand it is the job of every opposition supporter to come into these threads and talk down the value of players that are looking to be traded, but if we let Baker go for some crap pick in the 20, I’ll be absolutely spewing.
There's another Liam with similar stats to Baker, a vice captain, premiership player. A good role player with leadership credentials. Would you give us a first rounder for Duggan, cause I'd pack his bags and drive him over for you if so.

Pic 23 is near the top of the second round, a shuffling of later picks should be enough.

So would the Tigers ve looking for a top 10 pick?
And Eagles would be keener on a late first round pick?
Fremantle might be prepared to offer a little more?
(Don't have any stake in this, just out of interest)

I cant see the Eagles even offering their early second rounder to be honest. Pretty much everyone in footy circles in WA is saying the Eagles need to go hard on the rebound and keeps their picks. I think Baker will end up back at Richmond with no WA offering up a good enough trade for Richmond to agree too.

Eagles would be offering their 2nd. Tigers will ask for a top 10 pick but will never get it. Their hope is Hawks goes deep into finals and they on trade for Baker but I suspect to get that there will be picks going back. Say if hawks pick ends up 16 they trade that for Baker & 39. If he chooses Freo They'll probably try to get all 3 first round picks for the pair but it'll likely be picks coming back.

There's another Liam with similar stats to Baker, a vice captain, premiership player. A good role player with leadership credentials. Would you give us a first rounder for Duggan, cause I'd pack his bags and drive him over for you if so.

Pic 23 is near the top of the second round, a shuffling of later picks should be enough.
I’m sure I remember reading that we were into Duggan in his draft year, and I’ve kind of kept an eye on him (also for SuperCoach purposes).

Kept on expecting him to “break out” but he just stayed solid but unremarkable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back