Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

23 more likely than us splitting a top 3 pick for him
Baker wont go if all you offer is #23, he is loyal as they come. Come up with the good and he will be a WC player. All player managers are in on this too, they need their commission. They play a huge part and work hand in hand with the List Managers. All one big greasy wheel. Walking a player to the Pre-season Draft no longer happens.

Baker wont go if all you offer is #23, he is loyal as they come. Come up with the good and he will be a WC player. All player managers are in on this too, they need their commission. They play a huge part and work hand in hand with the List Managers. All one big greasy wheel. Walking a player to the Pre-season Draft no longer happens.
Loyalty is a 2 way street though.

Richmond forcing his hand cos pick 23 isnt pick 18 says more about Richmond then it would anyone else

Yeah I agree its very unlikely, but if you're expecting us to split a top 3 pick for him I think you'll be disappointed.

Baker might be a terrific/loyal bloke.
But at the end of the day, players don't get involved in the horse trading.

They will nominate a club and just tell the manager to get it done.
That doesn't mean Baker want's Richmond to get shafted, but it also doesn't mean
he won't go to the club he wants to.

When your examples are 2 of the biggest overpays in recent memory, your point isnt very good
How are they over pay in recent memory ?
they paid the asking price and thats what happens when you chase a player you pay the price

The biggest under pay of all time Dawson gets thrown up by some as if thats the guide
The Crows/Swans have a history with Tippet that still burning at the crows

Get ready for the over pay by Matty Clarke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loyalty is a 2 way street though.

Richmond forcing his hand cos pick 23 isnt pick 18 says more about Richmond then it would anyone else
Yep it is a 2 way street

Liam Baker wants to go home and thanks Richmond for their faith and confidence to draft him as a rookie and has $800k x 5 year deal on the table but wants to head west and Richmond will see him off with their blessing and will always be a Richmond premiership player that will be part of the reunions in the future and part of the Richmond family

Liam Baker and His manager will make sure Richmond is welll compensated exactly like what callum Coleman jones told North.

Freo need a future first round pick, we should swap a couple of ours this year for yours.
Exactly right

Would be the perfect outcome for both Freo & Eagles

If Baker selects eagles then the fans will be melting about 1st round pick getting split
this thread will be fun to keep track off in trade time

Exactly right

Would be the perfect outcome for both Freo & Eagles

If Baker selects eagles then the fans will be melting about 1st round pick getting split
this thread will be fun to keep track off in trade time

The hurdle is that WC might fee like they are trading pick #1 next year for picks #14 and #16 this year.

I think there will need to be more to the deal.

Yep it is a 2 way street

Liam Baker wants to go home and thanks Richmond for their faith and confidence to draft him as a rookie and has $800k x 5 year deal on the table but wants to head west and Richmond will see him off with their blessing and will always be a Richmond premiership player that will be part of the reunions in the future and part of the Richmond family

Liam Baker and His manager will make sure Richmond is welll compensated exactly like what callum Coleman jones told North.
I can see it now

"Its with a heavy heart ive had to walk away from the Eagles offer and instead sign on with Richmond for a further 5 years. I respect the process and would like to thank both clubs for their efforts. Unfortunately THE_GUN wanted pick 18 instead of pick 23 and the bridge was just too far to reach a agreement. My son, Billy said to me "Daddy does this mean I wont be able to go home and see Papa, but what about the new house daddy". I just grabbed him and said "Billy, its not about your wants or my wants, its about draft pick compensation, we need to stay here, for THE_GUNs sake" . What a little trooper"

There is no chance eagles are going to offer Baker 5 years and 900k then get him for a second round pick. If Eagles want to get baker they have to come up with a first round pick somewhere around 10.

Yes Baker is out of contract but if richmond finish last or second last, the PSD is hardly a bargaining chip for west coast. Unlike when Dawson went to Adelaide

Loyal? He’s requesting a bloody trade now that your teams gone to shit that doesn’t sound like loyalty to me😂😂

I do agree though it’s gonna have to be way more then 23, where gonna have to split the pick, I’d rather him go to freo they have the draft capital to make a deal happen easily.

There is no chance eagles are going to offer Baker 5 years and 900k then get him for a second round pick. If Eagles want to get baker they have to come up with a first round pick somewhere around 10.

Yes Baker is out of contract but if richmond finish last or second last, the PSD is hardly a bargaining chip for west coast. Unlike when Dawson went to Adelaide
We are just not offering him that ever. It will be 5 years at like 650k a year

We are just not offering him that ever. It will be 5 years at like 650k a year
no, the caps gone up 650k gets you someone like Graham not Baker. 900k is not crazy money it's the market rate to get a player to move, a player like Warner or LDU would get 1.3m +

Remove this Banner Ad

Back