Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

This isn't bay13. He'd play in every single side comfortably. Its moronic to even suggest that considering he was a staple in a dynasty team only a few years ago and is a better player now than he was then....
As for your other point, every good team has role players that allow the stars and A graders do their thing.

That doesn’t mean every player in a good team is worth $900k or a first round pick.

haha. See my edited post. You are coming across as a fool.
Role players, play a certain role. Some of the players you mentioned aren’t guaranteed starters at their current teams, in a fully healthy team.

Baker is ok as a small mid or distributor off half back, but he’s not a very good pressure forward or capable wing.

So you need to cherry pick some different players to compare him to.

Role players, play a certain role. Some of the players you mentioned aren’t guaranteed starters at their current teams, in a fully healthy team.

Baker is ok as a small mid or distributor off half back, but he’s not a very good pressure forward or capable wing.

Swans are easily the best team in the comp, they are full strength minus Callum Mills......I listed 5 swans players he'd play ahead of, he only has to be ahead of 2 of them to debunk your crap theory/troll.

Pick 10, even as an upper range is pretty silly IMO but he'd get a game in every side of the comp, by way of being flexible if nothing else

I can see it now

"Its with a heavy heart ive had to walk away from the Eagles offer and instead sign on with Richmond for a further 5 years. I respect the process and would like to thank both clubs for their efforts. Unfortunately THE_GUN wanted pick 18 instead of pick 23 and the bridge was just too far to reach a agreement. My son, Billy said to me "Daddy does this mean I wont be able to go home and see Papa, but what about the new house daddy". I just grabbed him and said "Billy, its not about your wants or my wants, its about draft pick compensation, we need to stay here, for THE_GUNs sake" . What a little trooper"
What a magnificent imagination you have there son
You can write story books when you grow up

Well done and keep up the good work

Can’t find a spot for him in the Lions side. Not off halfback, midfield or small forward.
Yep you are 100% correct

That little rat managed to get 2 premiership medals in a Dynasty team but wont get a game in a team like brisbane
which has been magnificent the last 5 years

Gotcha

Baker wont go if all you offer is #23, he is loyal as they come. Come up with the good and he will be a WC player. All player managers are in on this too, they need their commission. They play a huge part and work hand in hand with the List Managers. All one big greasy wheel. Walking a player to the Pre-season Draft no longer happens.

Tigers want a late 1st.

Eagles have 23.

Add a future 3rd which equates to the value of a late 1st.

Not unreasonable if those are the picks available.

Do Richmond throw the doll out the cot over a couple of spots? Tigers fans here obviously want more and Eagles fans think its too much in the current rebuild situation.

Players dont end up in the PSD because clubs accept deals to avoid that. Hense the number of trades on the final day.

What a magnificent imagination you have there son
You can write story books when you grow up

Well done and keep up the good work
Oh your imagination is definetly more magnificient then mine

The imagination to dream up a scenario where a player completely changes the lives of him and his family cos Richmond want to move up 5 extra draft spots is up there with having lunch with Santa Claus on Christmas Day

Off the top of my head, he doesn’t start in the best 22 at Sydney, Brisbane, GWS, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Carlton, Collingwood, Gold Coast even. Maybe even Essendon.
Just say you don't know anything, we don't need all the other crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the narrative has moved to "role player"

Its an easy angle when you dont know much. He can literally play any line to a very high level so we talk him down as just a role player.

In a team without diabolical injuries, he can be a literal set and forget player for the next 5 years.

Off half back he is one of the best loose ball get players and straight line runners getting around which means he also wins plenty of the ball. Its uncanny how he does it so well at his size.

Playing forward or on ball, see above but add in his ability to disrupt other teams like no other. He is one of the best disruptors for a small in the game due to his courage and clean skills combined with a rare level of determination.

Pick 15 is his value as I have maintained since day 1. If he was contracted or younger, then its pick 10.

My guess is both teams feel dirty and that usually means a win win.

Its an easy angle when you dont know much. He can literally play any line to a very high level so we talk him down as just a role player.

In a team without diabolical injuries, he can be a literal set and forget player for the next 5 years.

Off half back he is one of the best loose ball get players and straight line runners getting around which means he also wins plenty of the ball. Its uncanny how he does it so well at his size.

Playing forward or on ball, see above but add in his ability to disrupt other teams like no other. He is one of the best disruptors for a small in the game due to his courage and clean skills combined with a rare level of determination.

Pick 15 is his value as I have maintained since day 1. If he was contracted or younger, then its pick 10.

Amazing isnt it
2 WA teams making a 'Role Player' offers around the $800k + range

I should have just been a rrole player than a Gun

Amazing isnt it
2 WA teams making a 'Role Player' offers around the $800k + range

I should have just been a rrole player than a Gun
It is odd, that their clubs rate him soooo much higher than their fans. Its almost like the fans havent seen much of him or have no idea, but that couldn't be it.

As I've said before, I rate Baker, but what you've described is exactly what a role player is.
Being a role player isn't a criticism.

Good role players are gold.

As I've said before, I rate Baker, but what you've described is exactly what a role player is.
Being a role player isn't a criticism.

Good role players are gold.
A role player is typically described as limited and or lacking talent, Baker is anything but.

In your opinion maybe.

My take on a role player is someone who can pretty much do a job for you on any line.
Like I said, they're gold.

Fair, never heard a role player described like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back