Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

So you’re saying he’s worth more that Charlie Cameron cost in a trade.

Riiiiight.

😂
You do realise for every under pay there is an over pay example when it comes to trades.

Its why comparing old trades with recent ones is a simpletons option.

Last edited:
You do realise for under pay there is an over pay example when it comes to trades.

Its why comparing old trades with recent ones is a simpletons option.
Its literally all Richmond fans have done in this entire thread :D

Its the only way possible to justify your position that he is worth more then pick 20 really

I reckon if he goes then he will go to West Coast. West Coast will not split their first pick and we will have to get what we can. The return I believe will be in the range of WC 2nd this year and F2 with our F3 sent back. This will probably put him range of a pick around 15 which would be a fair trade. Gives us extra pick this year to move up or get another player plus improve our picks next year when West Coast will still be middle of the road at best, so a top half of R2 pick. With rules changing for Academy and F/S picks next year will make the F2 even more valuable.

I reckon if he goes then he will go to West Coast. West Coast will not split their first pick and we will have to get what we can. The return I believe will be in the range of WC 2nd this year and F2 with our F3 sent back. This will probably put him range of a pick around 15 which would be a fair trade. Gives us extra pick this year to move up or get another player plus improve our picks next year when West Coast will still be middle of the road at best, so a top half of R2 pick. With rules changing for Academy and F/S picks next year will make the F2 even more valuable.
Think we will take one of your picks this year and not a f3rd though. Think Richmond would prefer it that way alsp

“Baker is loyal as they come, so loyal that he’s talking to two opposition clubs about leaving”
Not mutually exclusive if you love your current club to talk to 2 other clubs to maximise your own offer & maximise what ur current club receives is not a stretch, is it? In order for him to be near his family & leave in a positive way a club that gave him his AFL opportunity & vice captaincy?

Not mutually exclusive if you love your current club to talk to 2 other clubs to maximise your own offer & maximise what ur current club receives is not a stretch, is it? In order for him to be near his family & leave in a positive way a club that gave him his AFL opportunity & vice captaincy?
Those considerations are completely irrelevant to us. He is more than welcome to stay at Richmond if he cares that much still.

I always enjoy a "he'll help us maximise what recieve for him" narrative.

Yes I'm sure the player leaving the club will maximise the benefit for the club he's leaving opposed to the one he's playing for moving forward.

Yes I'm sure the player leaving the club will maximise the benefit for the club he's leaving opposed to the one he's playing for moving forward.
Well its far more likely if he's leaving on good terms.

Who do you think he has a better relationship with?

Coleman Jones literally did this when he left, hence North paid a pretty penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I've said before, I rate Baker, but what you've described is exactly what a role player is.
Being a role player isn't a criticism.

Good role players are gold.

So now you’ve classified Bakes as “Gold” hard to suggest he’s not worth a minimum 1st rounder + ….?

Those considerations are completely irrelevant to us. He is more than welcome to stay at Richmond if he cares that much still.
Depends how much WC actually want him? And by the sound of the offer very much?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well its far more likely if he's leaving on good terms.

Who do you think he has a better relationship with?

Coleman Jones literally did this when he left, hence Norf paid a pretty penny.
The team they're trying to win a flag win.

Hint: that's not their old team.

So now you’ve classified Bakes as “Gold” hard to suggest he’s not worth a minimum 1st rounder + ….?
What's he's worth and what you can afford to pay are two different things.
Of course I'd like him at WC, but not at the expense of splitting our pick 2/3.

I've said all along Freo have the currency for him.

I think he's worth around pick 18.
Some of your supporters have suggested pick 10.

Not the realistic ones ;)

Needless to say many factors under consideration here? Possibly even WC driving his value up deliberately? Or maybe not want to be seen by their supporters as not going hard for a local boy? We’ll never really know being on the outside of the negotiations? His worth is established by whatever clubs are prepared to pay on the open market, wouldn’t you say?

You can literally bump into players being traded in Bali who have no idea what is going on because they've turned their phone off to the footy world and it's only when their agent calls to tell them it's done do they switch on again.

They get anxious and a bit frustrated if it takes a while but they aren't on the phone to the new club demanding they cough up more than the current trade offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back