Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Baker is obviously in our best 22, I don't love giving up our latest 1st (sorry Morro ) but understand I'm always a little uncomfortable in a trade but if it's us, I really really hope the money is reflective of his actual output and we aren't chasing with a big pay day.

Topping up with good but not star player is not where we are at. As those Pies and Port pick get juicier and juicier then surely the two player complete rebuild package becomes enticing
100% it would and imo should be done. Bolton is the needle mover the Dockers need but Baker would also still have to agree. Been plenty of times clubs try and highjack a trade but majority of time when a player has his mind set they don’t normally change. Is he willing to sacrifice say $150,000 a year the Eagles might be offering him more ect.

A lot to play out including ladder positions and where those draft picks land

If we're gonna use arguments from authority, Cal Twomey has spoken many times on the depth of this current draft class, even going as far as suggesting that teams will consider sacrificing future picks to get into this year's draft. https://www.afl.com.au/news/1168815

So now that you don't have to take the word of a bigfooty poster, when has Cal been so drastically wrong about the talent pool of a draft class this late?
Read my posts again. I’m not questioning Cals credentials.

Anyone can read a Cal article and post it and claim they are a draft authority. Just because you posted it doesn’t mean that the poster I’m conversing with is any more or less of a draft authority than you.

But I’m not claiming to be one.

I think this is the best result for all 3 parties. Seemed crazy for Eagles to go for him. Freo obviously have something better to offer and have the most use for him given where everyone is currently at.
What’s the meatballs track record?

And so as it stands, pick 14?
Maybe we can nab our third rounder back 😋

What’s the meatballs track record?

And so as it stands, pick 14?
Maybe we can nab our third rounder back 😋
No idea on track record. I wonder if we are allowed to pay some of his salary. I don't think we'd be against giving you back yours depending on what deals we have lined up with those late picks. We may already have enough to get a Brissy first without your 3rd.

No idea on track record. I wonder if we are allowed to pay some of his salary. I don't think we'd be against giving you back yours depending on what deals we have lined up with those late picks. We may already have enough to get a Brissy first without your 3rd.
Are we expecting the announcement of the changes to the points index this week? That could have a bearing on the worth of those later picks as well.

Think I read this morning AFL commission doesn't meet till late August. 🤣🤣
Fuuuu… that’s terrible.

Should we be surprised? No, probably not. But jeebus. That should be sorted by now

Nah but Baker does. He can go to the worst performing team in the history of the AFL who just sacked their coach and then negotiated his final appearance during the press conference or stay at the club that he’s a x2 Premiership player at.
You do realise that your club is 18th at the moment, and has the worst percentage in the comp right?

All of your rebuild pain is still to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you are joking here. Pick 14 for a role player. I would begrudgingly be ok with giving them Pick 24 (Saints Pick) and even then id be a little annoyed.
Mate, with Baker on the ground you wouldn't lose to mid teams like the Hawks in Tassie and you would be 2nd on the ladder, plays fwd/ back/mid & is a leader . He is worth your pick 9 & then some, open your eyes. What did you get for Shiltz (dud fwd pocket !) Short memory ???

Mate, with Baker on the ground you wouldn't lose to mid teams like the Hawks in Tassie and you would be 2nd on the ladder, plays fwd/ back/mid & is a leader . He is worth your pick 9 & then some, open your eyes. What did you get for Shiltz (dud fwd pocket !) Short memory ???

He definitely isn’t worth pick 9

Apples and oranges.

Schultz was contracted and most people thought Collingwood would finish top 4,
so it would be a pick in the late teens.

No way in the world is Baker a top 10 pick.

Post 3448 from one of your own puts him at 15 - 20.
I think it's closer to 20.

My god I’ve read some rubbish before but this entire Baker thread takes the cake. If he decides to leave Richmond his value I would estimate to be between pick 15 to 20. WC or Freo would need to accommodate/satisfy Richmond and Richmond would need to accept an offer in that range. Baker is a very good player but no superstar. Richmond will ask for more and WC or Freo will offer less. A deal will be done should he request to leave the Tigers.

It was a sarcastic joke.

You didnt realise this?

Wow.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Agreed i think it’s probably the Dockers now. Lost out on McDonald and there is a bit of talk Warner is signing a deal to FA now at the Swans.

Doubt they Eagles trade into the first and give it to for Baker with the quality of how deep this draft is suppose to be unless they can get one of those famous GC Suns deals where they don’t give much up to get a pick they don’t want/need.

Why did Yeo pick the Eagles when returning? $$? and if the Eagles want Baker they will offer more.

Gov and S Hill were selected by those clubs in the draft so that changes that convo. B Hill went to play with his brother so once again not really the same.
Freo wasn't interested in Yeo

I think you would find that his value is a lot closer to Pick 24 than Pick 9. I mean look at his last 2 weeks!! Value seems to be dropping by the week.

I think you would find that his value is a lot closer to Pick 24 than Pick 9. I mean look at his last 2 weeks!! Value seems to be dropping by the week.
Value doesn't really drop "by the week", well only on Bigfooty. List managers aren't changing their valuations of players on a rolling fortnight of form, they'd be looking at Baker and not really too much into form slumps which any player can have temporarily. Equally, if he has 2 weeks of great footy, I dont think he suddenly gains a heap of value in addition to the mid teens pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back