Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Legitimately when I looked earlier in the year, I think a bottom 4 side hasn't paid a top 30 pick for someone 26 or over since at least 2010. It's just not a thing clubs do.
And that’s exactly why we shouldn’t be doing it at that price.

Late 2nd or future 2nd I can deal with, anything more than that? Thanks but no thanks.

I doubt there would be a single West Coast fan who would be happy to give up the Barrass pick or two 2nds for Baker. It's just so counter-intuitive given his age and what we really need (and could get in this draft).
I think most West Coast fans really want us to have nothing to do with the Baker trade (at least if here and Facebook is anything to go off).
You forget your list manger is ex-Richmond & your current list is WEAK in leadership, character & output, this is why they want him & they will pay because he will provide where you lack. Also the same for Richmond, which is why they want to keep him & make him Captain. In the AFL industry a blue collar leader like Baker always has high interest.

You forget your list manger is ex-Richmond & your current list is WEAK in leadership, character & output, this is why they want him & they will pay because he will provide where you lack. Also the same for Richmond, which is why they want to keep him & make him Captain. In the AFL industry a blue collar leader like Baker always has high interest.
Funny shit.

Given they haven't even really started, what's the chance they have a coach locked in before trade week in 5 weeks? Pretty slim I would've thought.
There was talk they want it done inside 2 weeks. Seems unlikely given they can't even get anyone to apply.

Given they haven't even really started, what's the chance they have a coach locked in before trade week in 5 weeks? Pretty slim I would've thought.
I thought they were pretty far progressed? Everyone has said no so there is basically only like two guys to interview. Should have it sorted by trade week, even if not official.

There was talk they want it done inside 2 weeks. Seems unlikely given they can't even get anyone to apply.

I thought they were pretty far progressed? Everyone has said no so there is basically only like two guys to interview. Should have it sorted by trade week, even if not official.
That's true. No need for multiple rounds of interviews when you have bugger all applicants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true. No need for multiple rounds of interviews when you have bugger all applicants.
WCE handle the process differently. They canvass people, not wait for applicants.

Simmo said as much in his interview that was released on Backchat this morning. He himself never applied for the job, he got a call from an external consultant named Lloyd Reeves, who called him first.

WCE have hired the same bloke again for this time around.

Why do you think they havent started?
Well they're still canvassing applicants, aren't they? I meant that they haven't started the interview process. Is that true?
WCE handle the process differently. They canvass people, not wait for applicants.

Simmo said as much in his interview that was released on Backchat this morning. He himself never applied for the job, he got a call from an external consultant named Lloyd Reeves, who called him first.

WCE have hired the same bloke again for this time around.
Fair enough.

Well they're still canvassing applicants, aren't they? I meant that they haven't started the interview process. Is that true?

Fair enough.
Supposedly the 4 they're interested in:

Schofield, Montgomery, McQualter and Lade.

Don't know anything outside of that, as WCE are quite secretive.

Simpson was a surprise to everyone last time, most thought it would be Sumich, including the players.

Fair enough.
You're both right and wrong.
They do seem to be still trying to entice certain people to put their hat in the ring, but they have also already interviewed several candidates. I believe Andrew McQualter and Brett Montgomery were two

Supposedly the 4 they're interested in:

Schofield, Montgomery, McQualter and Lade.

Don't know anything outside of that, as WCE are quite secretive.

Simpson was a surprise to everyone last time, most thought it would be Sumich, including the players.
If MacQ gets it and is a gun Coach, so help me god,

riot GIF

I wonder if that’s why Baker is waiting for the outcome, 2 coaches in that list that have coached him before might not like one of them😂
Man I forgot Lade was with us, haha yeah you could be right, although I believe he has a good relationship with Mac, they all did/do

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back